The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Rosa was suspended I believe, so she's probably served her time now. Primo and Epico have the matador gimmick set to debut, so Rosa needs something else to do. She's probably not got long left to be honest.

Not sure what the AJ promo was supposed to achieve to be honest. It was like a Divas version of the infamous Punk promo that kicked off the big angle in 2011, in that you had a heel coming out ripping on the rest of the roster in a semi-shoot style. Funny thing is though, you've got all these people saying AJ was right, without spotting the irony in that she's in the exact same boat as the rest of the Divas. She wouldn't have a job if she didn't look like sexy jailbait herself. On top of that, she's been presented as the biggest slag in the company for the past two years.

• Paid Members
I had considered that. I don't like him being the singles guy either though personally and preferred them being presented as a solid unit, with no leader and no ego. Rather all 3 were tag champs. And anyway, it only sets him apart by making him look shit.

On the subject of horrible ring attire, I hope something is done with Bray and what he wrestles in when we next see him competing.

What about the apron he's been sporting in some of the videos? If he can get the right mobility it'll look proper butcherish. Winner.

• Paid Members

I don't mind Bray's wrestling attire too much, but I really didn't like it when he wrestled in his own merch at SummerSlam.

I think Ambrose is trying to distinguish his look from the other two, as suggested, but he looks low-rent in that vest as if he's only got it on because he's too chubby to wrestle topless.

• Paid Members

AJ isn't really in the same boat Arch. She's clearly a lifelong fan, who has put some work into getting to where she is, but of course has had luck too, but there's that video where she was younger and met Lita at an autograph signing. I doubt you'd find one with The Bellas, JoJo or Jessica Robot doing that. You're right with the Punk pipe bomb thing though. That promo and material could be a great catalyst to turn her face because it resonates with the diehards who want everything to be about the wrestling damnit! And she's always had touches of being someone who's supposed to appeal to the Internet need types. I'm not really sure what its purpose was or if it will lead anywhere but sometimes shit like that is just fun to happen and to ruffle some feathers. I liked it and loved her confidence and conviction, as well as her lovely fuck you signature skip in the end. I've never minded AJ, think she is actually one if the better girls in the ring on the main shows at the moment but hit and miss with everything else, having a tendency to overact fairly often but other times get it just right. Anyway, I fell a little bit in love with her for the first time with her performance on Raw.

Besides enjoying Miz in colourful shiney tights I also really liked Maddox this week. He came across as a straight laced bloke who had been thrown into the world of wrestling. Announcing the tag match was great fun, everyone knew why he had come out and he didn't even act like it was a surprise. His reaction between Punk and the doctor was great as was informing HHH and Orton that they werny very well liked in the locker room.

Everything he did was subtle but clever. I don't know if this is something new and I just haven't noticed it before, but if it is I hope he keeps it up

• Moderators
AJ's "pipebomb" was brilliant too, mostly because it was all true. They keep having to find different things for Jo Jo to do, none of which she's been particularly good at. it reminds me of the time they had all those Diva Search losers running around as make up artists and backstage interviewers just to justify their positions. Naomi and Cameron are alright I suppose. Natalya hasn't done anything of note in years even if she was alright during Khali's brief run as an detective. The Bella's are THE absolute worst though. As AJ was delivering her promo they kept shouting "Say it to our faces" as if AJ wasn't standing mere feet away from them, proving they have absolutely no idea how to react to anything. Eva Marie appears to be turning into another Bella which is far from a good thing.

Yes, because the Diva division and Total Divas are real life. That was just more hype for the very, very, very successful series of Total Davias on E! that AJ will probably be in the nest season of. Or as theory goes in MELTZWORLD, that promo will be played on the last episode of season 1. AJ's no better than Amy Weber, or Joy Giovanni, she just pretends that she plays computer games. You say Cameron's alright? She wasn't even a rat and got in that way. She was a model nodded toward Tough Enough by Johnny Ace. So that makes your rant of "being true" and earning it one of being incorrect. You've been played like a fiddle. It's like the massive Faye Reagan swindle.

Sting and Ultimate Warrior weren't wrestling fans, but were seen in gyms by Rick Bassman and got in that way. Would you say they're fuck all and shouldn't be involved? That Bill Goldberg who knew fuck all about wrestling but drank in the same bars as Sting, Luger and DDP was a waste of time too, eh? Or that Ole Anderson, or that Bill Watts, or that Brock Lesnar, etc., etc.,

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

AJ got in the business through sucking Jay Lethal's length and having some really shit indy matches (through Jay Lethal, not on merit) before getting signed to a developmental deal. She didn't put any graft into getting to WWE. She was pretty much signed straight from a rookie. AJ is an acquired taste, so she gets labelled with the "puts in the hard graft" tag. Like Daffney did (former actress who got a job in WCW without any training because Vince Russo liked scream queens). Most of these bitches dont pay their dues. None of them are Sweet Saraya, losing her eyesight and having her knee cap fall off. Most of the roster have a minimal shelf life and are expendable.

I really hate the internet darlings these days. Back when I was in my prime as a fan, you had to have at least a decade struggling on the circuit, have a shit body, working a job as a waiter and look like Ernie Hudson to get my appreciation. Half the fun of liking these people was the knowledge that they will never get signed and you could probably see them at the leisure centre eventually.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Well, obviously all these fans who don't like wrestlers who don't give a fuck about the business and just came up because they have a good look and are an athlete fucking hate that Brock Lesnar chap.

• Paid Members

Loving the progression of the Corporation story in the last few weeks, everyone has played their part to a tee. There was a line from Trips that really pissed me off though. 'The WWE Title is my possession, and Orton carries it for me'. Way to make Orton look like a complete prat. I was half expecting him to actually retaliate.

But, that's the story.

Triple H/Stephanie and Vince believe that they not just own the company, but they are the company. That they have a divine right to decide how it is presented, and who succeeds. They 'chose' Orton because he looks like a champion, someone they can present internationally. A 'thoroughbred'.

It would be weird if they then deferred to Orton. He's not The Rock. Thats not his story or purpose. They arent riding the coattails of the hottest new athlete in town, who will get to the top with or without them; they've bought a racehorse. Essentially.

Orton is their property, as much as the title is.

If they gave too much power or leverage to the Orton character then the story becomes less about Bryan's struggle against the 'machine', and those that conspire to stop him becoming the face of the company, and more a platform for Randy Orton, which really isn't the point.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I don't think it's a burial, I just don't see how that comment built any more heat than Trips already had. In my mind all it did was make Orton look pretty shite. You could have easily had heat on the 'owners of the company that can do as they please' story as well as have a champion in Orton who is good enough to hold the belt on his own merit, albeit handed the title in the first place.

But, that's pointless.

You can't have someone 'good enough to hold the title in their own right' and have them handed the title at the same time. In this story, Orton has been hand picked by the corrupt corporates to protect their companies image, based solely on his corporate image. If there was any question that Triple H hadn't in essence won the title for him, or that Orton deserved the title in any way, then the whole story collapses; Orton wouldn't be champion because of his image, the corporation wouldn't have needed to go super heel to do it and Bryan would have less of an angle or material to work with, because he wouldn't be as hard done by; instead of rightful champion vs corporate stooge, you'd have good wrestler vs good wrestler. And, as much as some fappers want every feud to be just that, it'd be way more boring.

Ortons the drone, the stooge, the pretty boy picked by the narcissistic owners who couldn't bear to see someone short and ugly represent their company. He's the pawn in the McMahon family power play, he HAS to be.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz