The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

I love Ryback so much at the moment that the warmth brought on by just seeing him is what keeps me far and comfortable in my bed. Childish bullies rule. I can't wait until he throws Kofi Kingston's shoes in a tree or something.

Anyone buying the stories from some of the dirt sheets that the light at the end of the tunnel for Ryback is a major push, probably as a babyface?

I presume that he wouldn't be drafted in to the Corporation 2.0/Daniel Bryan story (though, I've got to be honest, I love the idea of a Terminator style monster murdering everyone), so maybe in and around the WHC?

To be fair, as much as I think he's a prick, you just have to look at Summerslam. He's positioned himself within the bracket of megastars now, he'll never be a draw, or of mainstream interest, in the same way Rock/Brock/Cena are but he doesn't look out of place with them, and is close as they've got as a seal of quality match wise.

95% of people under the employ of WWE can't poke the bear, because they have fuck all leverage and will be dumped on the street. Punks in the 5% who've made enough money that, for all intents and purposes, they've become the bear and can quite easily say 'fuck you very much' and go home.

In an age in which the number of stars are declining, losing their newest megastar whilst he's still young would be a fucking nightmare.

I agree that's the position he's in now but I think they've always adored him and given him quite a bit more leeway than others have had over the years. He's worth that investment obviously, for the reasons you listed, but he got some good breaks from them too. I know he likes to work muppets (you're not one of the muppets) with his "I'm controversial, Vince never liked me, they never wanted to push me" stuff but he's definately benefitted from the office liking him.

I actually remember when he signed, all the stories were about important people (HHH, HBK, JBL, Vince) having a massive hard-on for him, saying he could be the second coming.

Then, out of nowhere, came the story that he was going to be packaged as a deaf guy or some crap (the story turned out to be shite).

The against-all-odds, rebel narrative seems to have been engineered from the start. If WWE don't want you to succeed, you don't succeed.

Punk gets it. He might be a prick, but I'd bet my house that he's a clever prick. Similar to all the big boys (like Lesnar, like Rock, like Cena) he knows what his audience wants, what furthers his brand and what, ultimately, gets the money to leave his fans pockets and into his.

• Paid Members

Its probably because WWE only punish anyone if there's any sort of complaint towards them. And this isn't something anyone would care about, because I doubt anyone thought it was anything other than a work. Because nobody believes anything in wrestling. Most wrestlers are shit heads anyway, so this type of behaviour is expected. Its all PR. Its like John Cena coming back from neck surgery looking bigger than he ever has while they implement the Wellness policy, but someone else will no doubt be piss tested immediately if they came back looking like Joe Rock following a major surgery. If it can get swept under the rug, it will. You'll get dumped on the scrap heap when you aren't any use to them anymore. Its how they've always operated.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

AJ was actually alright for a bit this week! Interesting speech she came out with as well. Dunno what it was meant to achieve, but it might be involved in the season finale for Total Divas maybe?

Good stuff from the main storyline, but I thought Triple H laid it on a bit heavy at times making Orton seem like his bag-carrier. Has Big Show's ironclad contract run out?

Punk and Heyman this week followed Triple H's "take ten times longer than you need" approach from last week, but their segment was still compelling. Already bored of Punk fighting Axel though.

Doing RVD vs Del Rio on free TV then asking for money for it a few weeks later can fuck off.

Zeb brancing out to domestic racism! If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.

Kofi had a good Tweet after the Bryan/Orton car thing:

Well if he

• Moderators

I reckon Big Show's ace at the moment. Can't wait for him to explode and the team of SUPERFRIENDS Bryan/Show/Henry run the WWE. Hilariously, WWE seem to have stopped giving a shiny shite about Ziggler already as...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He jobs clean as a sheet to Cesaro on Superstars

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Good news, that. Ziggler showed that he's not good enough for the role/spot they were giving him. There are plenty others in that midcard hell that can do a better job - Kofi being the first that comes to mind.

Triple H serenading us underlings with his silky smooth voice is something I'm sure forced a single tear out of all our eyes. I'm convinced this Bryan/Orton/Triple H stuff is leading to Cena coming back and saving the day, which I'm starting to warm too, but I hope they have Bryan get his moment of redemption.

Punk/Heyman is really good TV, but I agree that Axel isn't up to much. I loved it when even Michael Cole forgot who Curtis Axel was for a moment when he screamed "Who's attacking Punk?" when Axel jumped him from behind. Cole is clearly of the opinion that Axel is shite.