The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The "that's just the way he is" excuse has happened in other places in life

And its pretty much always shit. Normally of the "but he's a really good footballer/comedian/stripper so I think you should cut him some slack when he's a dick" variety.

Sounds good to me.

In other news I loved seeing Bray Wyatt bringing back his little dance into Sister Abigale.

And seeing Triple H saying things I would expect to hear Vince say whilst standing next to his Champion, Randy Orton was so cool. It's like a whole new evolution of The Corporation.

Triple H as the leader/mouthpiece. Stephanie and Vince are sort of leaders along with him, Orton as the Corporate Champion and The Shield as their henchmen. I think it would be good to add maybe two or three more guys or a diva or two to their group though. Being someone who became a fan during the era of the Corporation and Ministry this feels slightly like that and it is something I have longed for, for a long time. The idea of a group led by the boss/bosses always appealed to me, especially in a way where it is their hand picked Champion and their aim is to stop certain wrestlers from winning the Title as they think they are an embarrassment whilst the fans love them.

The majority of fans I have heard from seem to love it too, one or two podcasts I listen to also seem very happy with their direction right now and I think generally WWE fans are very happy. I think losing the Title at SummerSlam to Orton was the best thing that has happened to Bryan as he can now get the crowd fully behind him and the chase, if it is a good one always makes raising the Title so sweet.

• Paid Members

What does everyone make of them pairing Ricardo up with RVD? That was a strange one. It looked for all the world like they were setting it up for the return of Mysterio, but RVD came out to a monster pop (as he always does) and I think the combination could actually be a lot of fun, even if it's only a short-term thing. I wasn't expecting to see Ricardo at all to be honest, I thought him getting battered by Del Rio the other week was a way to write him off the show for the time being.

Sin Cara has been a hilarious flop. I like colourful characters and I like high flyers, so I've always tried to get behind him, but he's absolutely blown it in WWE so far. Speaking of colourful high flyers, I look forward to seeing Los Matadores. I love cartoon gimmicks, although the shelf life of these things is usually very short.

This thread needs more excited discussion about the confirmation that Big Show and Henry will be teaming up to take on the tag team division.

Was Michael Cole's "Darren Young from behind!" intentional?

Bray Wyatt looked like he fucked up the little dance before hitting his finish. It just looked super awkward. Most people probably thought he was struggling to remember which way he was supposed to be facing for the hard cam. At least he wasn't wearing his own t-shirt this time out. He looked crap at SummerSlam.

Edited by Arch Stanton

A dislocated finger, for fuck sakes?

Even Doc Robinsons quotes on WWE.com afterwards were a bit 'he's fine, the big wuss'. I have no idea what on earth he was thinking.

Bray Wyatt looked like he fucked up the little dance before hitting his finish. It just looked super awkward. Most people probably thought he was struggling to remember which way he was supposed to be facing for the hard cam. At least he wasn't wearing his own t-shirt this time out. He looked crap at SummerSlam.

Haha, shit. He hadn't just forgot where the camera was? I said earlier in the thread that was exactly what I thought had happened.

For all the early excitement, its going to shit faster than anything I think I've ever seen.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

He signed with fanfare and by passed developmental, so he had leverage when he signed with them. So I can only assume if they sacked him they'd have to pay him the remainer of his deal, like you would a big star. Where if they kept him around they'll pay him off over time, but they can also ruin whatever marketability he has while under contract. Maybe the plan is to make him as useful as Funaki by the time his deal is done.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I did think that Ian. God I hate that faceless bellend now though. I hope Ryback bullies and rapes him after he's finished with D-Young. He definitely needs to be bullied. Have BullyRy be all 'Oh, hurt your finger did you?' before snapping all of them, chopping them off and eating them. 'Feed me moron'.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

I'm not sure it'd matter much to him. I still think he could waltz back into Mexico for either AAA or CMLL and be treated like a big deal and get good pay.

The way its gone for him is kinda baffling in a way. You can understand the difficult transition, but he knew how to draw big, worked a hell of a lot, was capable of garnering great sympathy etc. Perhaps its just a case of him getting too big for his boots down in Mexico and not being prepared to put in the graft. Perhaps its purely the lack of time in development. Perhaps he just got to the 'E and thought "fuck, I really don't want to be here."

Triple H's comments about Ryback in that recent interview were pretty interesting. He pretty much said he wasn't really a good worker but had the star potential. Which is true, but him acknowledging it in an interview seemed to suggest they're not particularly fussed about hiding their opinions on him. Sending him to their new developmental facility might not be the worse idea. They've pretty much killed him for now, sending him off to development to learn and get him off screen for a while might do him a world of good when he comes back.

I quite like Ryback, but it's a tough one. It may sound counterintuitive, but I'd be happy for Ryback if they just gave him some nice lower to mid-level card feuds against people like Kofi and Cody or even Sami Zayn as people have suggested. I think the problem with him is that people see his star potential and keep trying to push him as a monster in an era where monsters are increasingly irrelevant. He gets higher in the card, ultimately takes a few losses and then people complain that his aura and mystique is ruined. Sending him to developmental would be an idea, but then he'd come back and unless he had improved a lot the same thing would happen: he'd get that quick slingshot up the card and then fall down the second his balloon gets popped. I think he'd benefit more from just sticking around, getting better and having people get used to him as a part of the WWE furniture. People like Kane, Mark Henry and Big Show have all been in the same boat and it's not a terrible thing. Monsters' careers work in boom-and-bust cycles. Ryback could fit into that set perfectly. Being precious about protecting his character's aura is pointless because it has an inherently short shelf-life. All you can do is keep him working, hope he gets better in the meantime and hope that the next time his turn at the top comes around he'll be better equipped to perform.

Blah blah blah. I guess I'm just saying I still like him and his potential, but there's no point trying to force it. I think this midcard bully gimmick suits him well and is a good place to re-start.