The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

If they chuck Bryan out of the title picture in favour of Orton/Cena, Bryan's star will still demand a marquee level match. If they plump for Bryan versus someone else, Orton could literally end up anywhere. The fans are so accustomed to him yo-yo'ing, he could meet Bray Wyatt on the kick-off and no one would question it.

• Paid Members

Triple H vs a big name for control of the company is what I see in the long term. The control of the company storyline is where they are going, but I just can't see it being Bryan who wrestles control from HHH. Not at WrestleMania 30. It'll be a name like Austin or Michaels or Cena. They have a deck of cards at the minute that you can shuffle. You could have Sting vs Undertaker. Or if there's no Sting, Undertaker vs. Cena. Unless Rock is not working, you could do Lesnar vs Undertaker. Or Rock vs Lesnar, if Rock is working. Or if you want to do Taker vs Lesnar, Triple H vs. Rock and Cena vs Orton. There's a lot of options you could do this year, especially if Michaels comes out of retirement or if they can tempt Austin back (I'd say Michaels has a better chance of coming back than Austin).

As for Bryan, I could see Punk turning again, and feuding with Bryan over the WWE Title. That would actually make a lot of sense.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Triple H vs a big name for control of the company is what I see in the long term. The control of the company storyline is where they are going, but I just can't see it being Bryan who wrestles control from HHH. Not at WrestleMania 30. It'll be a name like Austin or Michaels or Cena. They have a deck of cards at the minute that you can shuffle. You could have Sting vs Undertaker. Or if there's no Sting, Undertaker vs. Cena. Unless Rock is not working, you could do Lesnar vs Undertaker. Or Rock vs Lesnar, if Rock is working. Or if you want to do Taker vs Lesnar, Triple H vs. Rock and Cena vs Orton. There's a lot of options you could do this year, especially if Michaels comes out of retirement or if they can tempt Austin back (I'd say Michaels has a better chance of coming back than Austin).

As for Bryan, I could see Punk turning again, and feuding with Bryan over the WWE Title. That would actually make a lot of sense.

Some interesting scenario's there Ian, at the moment I can only see mania lining up like this - Cena/Orton, Brock/Taker & HHH/Bryan. Not a chance Austin, HBK, Sting or Rock are working mania IMO.

• Paid Members
Some interesting scenario's there Ian, at the moment I can only see mania lining up like this - Cena/Orton, Brock/Taker & HHH/Bryan. Not a chance Austin, HBK, Sting or Rock are working mania IMO.

Rock is almost certainly working WrestleMania, I reckon. They want this to be the biggest WrestleMania of all time. They cancelled an angle where Brock Lesnar have him a good hiding in April because Rock had injured himself. The big plan has been Rock vs. Lesnar since 2012. That would be a huge match. Biggest mainstream bout they could do at the minute.

A few years ago I made a comment that the biggest match WWE could promote with actual wrestlers was Brock vs Rock. This was when Brock was flying high in UFC and the idea of Rock wrestling again seemed so far away. I think it is still the biggest box office attraction TBH.

• Paid Members

I'm still fairly confident that Austin will work a match, or at the very least physically participate in some sort of angle at WrestleMania. He's said loads of little things to hint at it over the past months. As for everyone else, I think Ian's post pretty much covered the big match opportunities. At this time, there are loads of options.

• Paid Members

They did that subtle "Brock lingering at the poster of the rock" thing when he invaded wwe, and as Ian says he was meant to do an angle the night after mania. That said, meltz has suggested they might do Brock taker, assuming sting doesn't come in.

Cena vs HHH and Orton vs a royal rumble winning Bryan could work to be fair, just after Bryan's rematch have Maddox say "I'll never give you a shot" and then he wins the rumble to earn that one more shot. You could fit on a feud with a HHH hired gun too (shield are obvious, but ryback or whoever would work too). Cena loses to Orton at the rumble, finds a way to go after HHH.

This, of course, is ignoring that meltz said they want Cena and Orton.

• Paid Members

I think we'll see a much less muscled Rock next time he appears. In the run up to Wrestlemania 29 wasn't he filming Pain and Gain where he plays a bodybuilder?

Now that role is done he won't need to be so huge.

• Paid Members
I think we'll see a much less muscled Rock next time he appears. In the run up to Wrestlemania 29 wasn't he filming Pain and Gain where he plays a bodybuilder?

Now that role is done he won't need to be so huge.

And Hercules. I think we still will though. He wants to be gigantic to be an action star.

He's still filming Hercules for another month or so yet and then he's got the next Fast & Furious then a couple other films starting after. So I can't see him being smaller at all.

Plus if he's as busy as it looks like he is for the next year, I can't see him having a substantial part to play in WM30.

• Paid Members

Right now, I see that as the most likely path for both men, as part of "quadruple main event", effectively underneath tippy-top marquee matches involving Cena, Taker, Hunter, Brock, Rock & AN Other.

WWE knows there's a particular section of the market that would be sold on the PPV based on the addition of that match in a prominent position, and both guys are at a level that it's not a turn-off to the average (I.E. not workrate pervert) fan.

On reflection, IF Cena is out until the early part of 2014, Taker might be the best way for him to go as there'd be very little work required in building a Cena streak challenge.

Brock vs Rock still seems like a good plan, so that just requires a challenger for Hunter.

I'm amazed anyone thinks 'belittling' anyone to further a fake storyline is okay.

Though, With your sig, I'd be surprised if you were outraged.

You've basically listed a bunch of examples of him being a prick (hitting someone without checking he was even belting the right guy? Using vagina as an insult? ...though you did miss him calling a fan a 'faggot') and excused it with 'ah, that's just the way he is'.

That would literally never work as an excuse anywhere else in life, only with wrestlers who fans are keen to rationalise for.

'Sorry love, but you know me... I'm known for my raping...'

Monday was the least of his sins, but its still a bit shitty. Riffing on a crowd member, insulting them, because it furthers a pretend storyline is a bit naff. Whether or not the fan enjoyed it is just conjecture, and more rationalising.

If you can't convey the emotions of the story from within the confines of the story then you clearly aren't as good as you think you are.

Big difference between having a go and calling someone fat when you're in a bad mood and they boo/heckle over you when you're speaking to the crowd and being a rapist.

It's just part of wrestling really, the Dudley Boys did it in ECW and their promos involving insulting the fans were incredible. If you went to see a comedian and heckled or booed them I'm sure they'd give back a good dishing out and everyone would be loving it. Punk just did the wrestler version of that, by inviting him in the ring and then having a go at him. The guy was laughing along and the whole crowd were chanting for Punk. If that upset you I'd definitely say don't watch any of the Dudley Boys in ring promos from ECW (especially It Ain't Seinfeld).

Well the hitting the wrong guy thing has been discussed to death and the conclusion was it is a reaction a lot of people would have (someone hits you, you lash out to whoever it is behind you). Well yeah, the vagina one was when he was a heel and I can't remember that homo one but I'd imagine that was too.

The thing is I don't think it furthers the storyline, just shows that he was pissed off (apparently he was genuinely in a bad mood according to some sites) and it was showing how he felt from SummerSlam which he was saying in the ring anyway before he turned to the fan. But yeah putting down a heckling/booing fan isn't furthering anything, just a little event which gives the crowd something to boo or cheer during the promo.

The "that's just the way he is" excuse has happened in other places in life, so it can't literally never work anywhere else in life, look at Paul Scholes. The guy fouls a player on the football pitch and the commentators used to just laugh it off and say "oh Paul Scholes, he just doesn't know how to tackle". That's just one non-wrestling example, sure there's loads more. Another example I've witnessed was when I was at school and I remember telling a teacher during one of those review things that something I needed to work on was being louder as I was very shy, he just said to me that's just the way I am. Someone I used to work with was pretty hot tempered too and everyone used to just use the "that's the way he is" excuse as we didn't take to heart what he'd rant at us about because he'd usually apologise for it later or if he didn't he wouldn't hold a grudge for anything. I'm pretty sure a lot of people think that's just the way someone is as an excuse and they don't even realise they've done it.

But yeah I wouldn't use it as an excuse for rape, or murder for that matter, there's a difference between being a bit grumpy, shy or outspoken and being a killer or sex offender, the latter two are things most good living, mentally stable people are fully aware of being cruel, hateful, monstrous, criminal acts that can scar victims, families and just ruin and end people's lives and everyone knows that no one should be like that or be able to do that, therefore taking away the "that's just the way he is" excuse.

Can't even believe I've had to write a post like this just to say that Punk having a go at a heckling fan isn't that big a deal but at the end of the day your opinion is your opinion and you can think what you like.

Edited by The Invisible Boy

• Paid Members
It's just part of wrestling really, the Dudley Boys did it in ECW and their promos involving insulting the fans were incredible.

No they weren't. What the fuck were you watching? The Dudley Boyz were twats in ECW. 15 years of nostalgia doesn't change the fact that those promos were the cheapest of cheap heat in a small shit hole building that stunted the growth of the company because nobody outside of their small fan base could possibly think that anyone in the mainstream would find that acceptable. A big fat cunt calling people "faggots" and abusing people who didn't say a word to them isn't "incredible". Nobody outside of people who usually end sentences with "the PG era is shite" and "it was better when it was called WWF" rated those promos. Bubba Ray Dudley was just a fat idiot taking any attention away from the feud he was in to abuse the supporters.