The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Heck of an episode, I thought. I don't think there was one out-and-out bad full segment on that whole show. While I would've liked Bryan to get a bit more time with Rollins and Ambrose from a selfish perspective, the match was never about that and served its purpose perfectly. As much as I get bored of heel Triple H, I totally buy the new corporation. Helps a great deal that Orton and Bryan were both absolutely fantastic every time they were on screen. Big Show was fantastic too, looked like his heart was breaking. Like Butch said, I'm already pumped as fuck for the inevitable Show/Menry/Bryan vs Shield match when him and Menry snap.

Also: HHH coming out to one theme then having the Escalade come out to the other was fantastic. And Christian's sick burn on Orton was the coolest thing he's done in forever. Great Raw. Big stuff and small stuff hitting the mark all round.

Good news, that. Ziggler showed that he's not good enough for the role/spot they were giving him. There are plenty others in that midcard hell that can do a better job - Kofi being the first that comes to mind.

I'd love to see it, but if they had any interest in Kofi, he'd have been kicking Ryback's arse for the last few weeks.

As someone who hasn't seen any TV since SummerSlam... have they touched upon Orton kicking Vince in the face / DDT-ing Stephanie and licking her face / having a massive brawl with HHH that wrecked half of his house? Not picking holes particularly, just curious.

• Paid Members
As someone who hasn't seen any TV since SummerSlam... have they touched upon Orton kicking Vince in the face / DDT-ing Stephanie and licking her face / having a massive brawl with HHH that wrecked half of his house? Not picking holes particularly, just curious.

On top of what butch said, HHH basically said he really doesn't like Orton but he's the best for business. Which is great, it plays into why he's hyper sensitive about it all

• Paid Members

I love that they went with Orton, as it shows another layer of contempt the company has for Mr. B+, as the McMahons would rather get behind the bloke that battered them all, over a wrestler like Bryan.

They've done well filling in these wee holes. This week they made it perfectly clear to those that didn't get why the roster watched Bryan get battered, last week, that the reason they didn't get involved was because they know they will get fired or receive a kicking from The Shield.

Good news, that. Ziggler showed that he's not good enough for the role/spot they were giving him. There are plenty others in that midcard hell that can do a better job - Kofi being the first that comes to mind.

I'd love to see it, but if they had any interest in Kofi, he'd have been kicking Ryback's arse for the last few weeks.

Yeah, sadly I agree that he's doomed. It's a complete waste, as he showed during that brief Orton feud that he's capable of getting over, if given the chance. Certainly, he wouldn't be turning folk off like Ziggler generally does when he's doing a shit promo.

• Paid Members

I'm a massive fan of Ziggler's but he really did show he isn't in any way a top guy for the company, just a solid worker that can make others look good. No doubt it'll keep him in work for ages though.

Though one thing I notice of him is how much he buries everything going on during the show on Twitter. Surely he's getting heat for that?

EDIT: Though I guess after his first stand up comedy gig, maybe his interests are beginning to go elsewhere?

Edited by Toilet Rapper

There shouldn't be anyone else, no. For the continuity of the storyline, Orton has to be Hunter's choice of champion. At least until a good few months down the line, when they can tease a turn by HHH having a new champion in waiting groomed in case Orton fails.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Orton is perfect for the role. As JBL always says "if you were to build a Sports Entertainer, you'd build Randy Orton". He's genuinely handsome and good at what he does. It would be weird if they were calling Bryan ugly and they went with somebody like Sheamus, as he's a funny looking fella.

The only other bloke that fits what they are going for is Cena, but he's seemingly incorruptible.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members

Everybody's pretty perfectly placed for this, really. Orton was stale as fuck as a babyface and a turn was the only way to make his MITB cash-in interesting, and suddenly he seems to be right back in that zone where he was punting the McMahons about in 2009. Big Show coming back as a face who's been fired for stepping out of line once before means he was perfect for the stuff last week and this. The Vince-HHH conflict was starting to get really tedious and was making Maddox's character really confusing, whereas now they're all clear-cut characters with obvious, believable motivations and are mostly doing great stuff every time they're on screen. And of course, Daniel Bryan's the most over guy in the company, having great matches all over the place, and with a proven track record RE captivating title chases (and if he can do it against the company's other biggest babyface, he can sure as hell make a go of it against the new red-hot top heel). Shit, this angle's even making Christian not look like a complete dork. It's holding the show together and everyone's benefiting.

• Paid Members
I was trying to figure out though, is there anyone else in the storyline on the roster who Triple H would allow to be champion besides Orton? Everyone stood their looking like eunuchs.

I sincerely hope not. It wouldnt make storyline sense if there was, as half the point is that HHH hates Orton

• Paid Members
I was trying to figure out though, is there anyone else in the storyline on the roster who Triple H would allow to be champion besides Orton? Everyone stood their looking like eunuchs.

I sincerely hope not. It wouldnt make storyline sense if there was, as half the point is that HHH hates Orton

I imagine Triple H truly hating Orton might subside as the storyline advances on. Just asking from a kayfabe sense. Agree with everyone as well, it's holding the show together which is brilliant.