The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'll agree with that. The first time in as long as I can remember that I've genuinely seethed at the heels and just wanted that big "Austin" moment where the face runs rampant and totally cleans house.

Meltzer mentioned on their audio show that the "B+" thing comes from something he said about HHH in 98. Now if that's true that's highly amusing that HHH remembers and trawled it out as something to say about Daniel Bryan (from a heel perspective). And they say it was Foley and Hart that read their observer match reviews compulsively!

He's just being your average wrestling journalist with an inflated sense of self importance. I very much doubt Trips has been sitting on that one for 15 years waiting for the perfect moment to throw it back in his face. If anything it could have been mentioned after he came up with the line but I'd be more inclined to believe the Meltz is just stroking his own cock again.

• Paid Members

That's the reaction they are looking for, though. Orton and Triple H have just turned heel after years as babyfaces. You want to get heat on them. After a big heel turn the babyface should never get their revenge the next night.

He's just being your average wrestling journalist with an inflated sense of self importance. I very much doubt Trips has been sitting on that one for 15 years waiting for the perfect moment to throw it back in his face. If anything it could have been mentioned after he came up with the line but I'd be more inclined to believe the Meltz is just stroking his own cock again.

Wrestlers are the biggest marks going. Everyone from Steve Austin to the Rock to Hulk Hogan (yes, Hulk Hogan) has got on the phone and fed stuff to Meltzer. I have no doubt that's what it was directed towards. This B+ stuff came up again early this year when Bret Hart made the 4/10 comment. Triple H only hires indy wank like Sin Cara, Albert, Awesome Kong, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins so he's obviously got his ear to the ground. And the fact that half of WWE is feeding Meltzer shit, probably tells you where he's heard it from. He probably has a balding ponytail and looks like the Penguin.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Watching a Tito Santana/El Matador match on Smackdown recently I said to my brother, "there's no way they could do a matador gimmick nowadays and make him a face, is there?". I thought pretty much everyone looked down on that whole stabbing bulls for fun thing and it wouldn't fly in the modern age. But now... Los Matadores! Which all looked pretty babyfacey, right? (Unless I'm misjudging it). I'm surprised.

A bit of fantasy booking: I think him running out through the middle of the roster with a chair in hand smacking it on The Shield would convey he's fucked off better and just be a more impressive visual rather than hoping The Shield wouldn't touch him if he walked down there. Or you could have him use the element of surprise and come from out of the crowd and give a flying knee, chair in hand, from the barricade. It's something that the crowd could really get behind. That's his 'shine'. Bryan stares Orton and Triple H down from the outside. Triple H tells Steph to exit as things could get messy, Vince leaves too. As he's trying to find a way into the ring, Maddox comes down as a distraction. Maybe he's also wielding a chair and plays the innocent card when Bryan turns around. One of The Shield attacks Bryan and then all members get involved. Trips calls for them to send him in and Orton and Trips batter him from then on. Rather than believing The Shield would stand at the side and do nothing, he should have brought the fight to them in order to get his hands on Triple H and Orton. He was saying earlier on that he wasn't scared of getting fired and that he would give them reason to fire him, but he hardly looked like he was ready to fuck them up when he came down.

Thank god you haven't got the pencil. The Shield were rehabilitated last night, why would you fuck that off in the same night by having Bryan knee on of them out? There's a solid heel base at the top, you have to make them look strong on the first night otherwise it means fuck all! Also, Bryan didn't think they'd stand aside, that's why he went there for a fight. They're making him into a strong babyface, with what looks like a long angle. That needs strong heels. Also, why was shine in inverted commas?

I was concerned with trying to keep The Shield strong too.

They look a force again which I'm pleased with and it's a perfect role for them. Even if you were to do the same thing as what they did, you could have him coming down with some intensity rather than looking dubious about the whole situation. I maintain that he should have been gearing himself up for a fight. If he came down with fire, you could have it end the same way as WWE did it still. That was my main problem with it. People get behind Bryan most when he has fire. I still like the knee off the barricade idea so that would be kept. Just taking his top off like he was looking ready to do battle would have helped. You can still have Triple H being condescending and being a prick whilst doing that

• Moderators

Doing a knee off a barricade holding a chair would look and be so clumsy. Also, that knee took out John Cena, so it'd have to take out one of The Shield if executed on them, thus undoing the repair work done on them that show. You build your heels first to build your faces.

HHH was superb,he turned arrogant and smarmy which will get him a lot of heat. The way he was talking to Bryan when he was trying to get in the ring was great for the story, I just wanted Bryan to get in and get him :-)

That was briliant, reminded me of the scene from Jurassic Park where hes trying to get the dinosaur egg to hatch. Just highly patronising and pretty funny at the same time.

They are setting themselves up for a massive angle and pay off here in 6 months or so, they just need to keep it together and keep it on track.

I hope they go all the way with this new corporation of sorts and have a name and there own music etc and have a few more members

HHH & McMahons

Randy Orton

The Shield

one or two more like Big E to be the muscle

That would be a group and storyline that would give all the faces to work with and both shows a solid direction

Finally finished watching earlier and the end segment was great. Triple H is such a prick and I really want Bryan to make him tap as the last hurdle before taking the title from Orton. Should comfortably fill the main event scene until Cena is back. I can also see Punk siding with Bryan once he runs out of things to do with Heyman. From a storyline point of view it would be logical looking at his history with all men involved.

Speaking of Punk I really liked when he ripped into the fat guy. He just seemed in one of those moods where you are so angry you are willing to batter the first person to look at you slightly funny. I'll take that over Cena's passive aggressive nice guy act any day

• Paid Members
Finally finished watching earlier and the end segment was great. Triple H is such a prick and I really want Bryan to make him tap as the last hurdle before taking the title from Orton. Should comfortably fill the main event scene until Cena is back. I can also see Punk siding with Bryan once he runs out of things to do with Heyman. From a storyline point of view it would be logical looking at his history with all men involved.

Speaking of Punk I really liked when he ripped into the fat guy. He just seemed in one of those moods where you are so angry you are willing to batter the first person to look at you slightly funny. I'll take that over Cena's passive aggressive nice guy act any day

I don't like that sort of fan interaction from a face. A heel? Yeah OK? But a face calling out a fan when he is in the safety of a wrestling ring guarded by barricades and plenty security? Just sounds very cowardly to me.

You can see why Punk has said in interviews he prefers to be heel because he's such a natural real life prick it must be so easy when he's heel. He just goes out there and acts normal.

When he's babyface he must have to suppress so much of his natural personality, every now and then his real life attitude reveals itself.

Everything about the Daniel Bryan storyline on Monday night I thought was fantastic and really well done. Stephanie gave what may be her best performance ever in the opener, with the B+ line being a great touch. Bryan valiantly fighting The Shield while Triple H taunted him in the close was brilliantly done. The McMahon-Helmsley Faction Version 2013 came across as a right bunch of pricks.

I thought they did a great job with The Shield too. Hopefully they stick around as the henchmen for Triple H and co. They did a great job in the Handicap match with Dolph too, he looked great fighting all three of them and even looked like he might win before Roman Reigns delivered that excellent spear.

Although it was an extended ad, I thought Fandango was terrific in the Foot Locker bit.

Punk's a right asshole isn't he? I'm all for wrestlers getting a reaction from fans but Punk just came across as a right whiny cunt.

Hopefully they're done with Sin Cara now. Considering Cena worked the match at SummerSlam in the condition he was in and then Cara calls the match off for something that small. They should have left Del Rio give him a proper kicking.

I'm liking the face Prime Time Players and hopefully the tag team scene gets a proper run now. They've got some really good teams what with the Real Americans, The Uso's and The Shield amongst others. Speaking of great teams, the impending arrival of Los Matadores, has me all excited. I groaned when I first read about the gimmick but sod it, Primo and Epico have done nothing of note for about a year or so now so why not.