The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

When he's babyface he must have to suppress so much of his natural personality, every now and then his real life attitude reveals itself.

No he was playing someone who was furious and was looking for a fight, he was happy to just batter the first person he came across and it ended up being Axel. He wouldn't have done that if he had won the night before. He did it because his character was pissed off.

Everyone was waiting to hear what Punk had to say so the arena was pretty quiet, and he knew that guy would ruin how the segment came across on TV. He turned it into part of the angle and used it to expand on the point he was there to make.

• Paid Members

I have to admit, I didn't have a problem with Punk shouting at that fan. It's not like it was a kid or anything, it was obviously somebody who was seeking attention and was no doubt delighted to get it and play along with the act. I criticise Punk for a lot of things, but that one didn't bother me.

• Paid Members
Crikey.

I'm about to say something I don't think I've ever said before.

Settle in. Prepare yourselves.

Stephanie McMahon was fucking brilliant last night. FUCKING BRILLIANT. In fact, aside from Triple H getting a bit lost, Steph, Hunter and Maddox were ace. I love that they're being cast as completely sure-of-themselves fundamentalists, arrogant, passive aggressive nightmare bureaucrats. They were all so sneaky, talking about Daniel Bryan in ostensibly complimentary terms and trying rationally (again 'ostensibly') to explain themselves. All the 'great little technician', 'over achieved' and 'he's probably a little scared' stuff was great. Triple H was great at chucking in little understated remarks that buried Bryan (in the constructive, heel-y sense you understand.)

My only concern is that they'll bottle it and Bryan will get replaced with a returning Cena in time for Mania. In fact, I'm already convinced of it.

Yeah, this. And what Pitcos said in the first post. Although Daz I wouldn't be so sure on your last point. It wouldn't surprise me at all for Cena to insist Bryan has the title win spot at 'Mania and close the show. He clearly loves the little bastard and knows he's on limited time and someone else needs to be established to lighten his load. You sense he reckons Bryans got something in him. Cena can have a massive marquee match at 'Mania 30 still, Vs Rock 3, vs Undertaker, something with Hogan. Even if it ended up as Orton vs Cena and Trips vs Bryan, I reckon Bryan gets the best deal there anyway.

I love this angle. The execution has been brilliant. LaGoosh as way off the mark with his comments, Steph has fucking amazing, absolutely perfect in the delivery of some of her lines. Her and Triple H have got that patronising tone down aplomb. Both had so many great subtle lines. And it works so well, I love the idea that they're looking down on all of us, they know what's best for us (like Vince said loads recently), it's brilliant. That'll rile so many up even though they'll eventually realise, actually they're right. That's the great thing about this angle, it works on loads of levels and appeals to everyone. The more I think about it, the more I realise this has already been a long term booking plan and it's all coming together really nicely. Everything and everyone feels in their right place. All except the Wyatts. They've actually suffered from this Bryan push it seems, brought up at the wrong time in hindsight as they, it seems clear to me now, have simply been brought up purely to take Kane out of the picture to enhance this Bryan angle. Indeed, that show ending angle needing Kane to be absent. And with The Shield being re-established, once they overcome Show and Menry beautifully leads the way for Bryan to even the odds with a returning Kane and UNDERTAKER against The Shield somewhere. That could be magic. And do loads for D-Bry. Can't wait, exciting shit.

On everything else -

Los Tito Santanas look fun

Sin Cara is a total mel. Surely he's looking to get fired with that shit. Un-fucking-believable. He should be fucking fired the clumsy little girly man. Loved Del Rios rage at it and wish he had given him an injury to actually cry about. What a monumental pussy.

Curtis Axel should be called Mr. So Very Average. His father he really ain't. There's no way this guy would be employed if it wasn't for his bloodline. Everything about him screams average, even Heyman can't seem to mask that.

Following on from the hilarious chat during SummerSlam, Butchs wish to hear Ryback deadarm D-Young and say 'Dropped you gay card' has creased me. I can just hear him say it so well in my mind in that voice of his. A little bit of me does actually want this angle to occur now. I love Ryback. And PunkStep - yes Darren Young was being gay on TV like Jobs hoped.

I despise Brays wrestling kit. He desperately needs to sort that shit out. I was worried about that when he came up. I don't know what the solution is though as his non-wrestling kit is perfect and i'm not sure he'd look like right in his big Husky knickers. I think Bray could do with being paired up with Christian.

Wade Barrett is the fucking pits.

Why does Ambrose think he's above wearing a Bossman vest now? He isn't.

Sphinx' angle indeed sounds horrid to me. It needs to be built up, they couldn't have spilt their load last night. The crowd lose their shit so much when Bryan goes on a fury and takes out everyone. It worked magically time and time again in those six mans with The Shield. Just imagine the fucking reaction when it gets built a little longer and he has his big moment, cleans house, cleans house of The Shield and others and looks like he's about to get his beard on Orton or Triple H. It'll be insane. As I said post SummerSlam. Bryan is SO fucking made. He's the man Cena has selected to give his biggest rub too (yeah) and clearly everyone else is on board and the fans love him. Times, they are a changing, times they are a good.

'C'mon, that's it. That's it. There's that fighting spirit! Show me them guts!'

• Paid Members

Show/Henry v The Shield should be a treat.

Why does Ambrose think he's above wearing a Bossman vest now? He isn't.

I know it's a little thing, but this bothers me more than it should. The lack of Bossman vest really drags his look down. Nothing cool or hard about a small wrestler with a receding hairline, in a cheap looking sleeveless base layer top. Guess he makes the other two look better, though.

• Paid Members

I think the family of Ray Traylor has put in a cease and desist. Its why the referees stopped wearing blue shirts not to long after he left in the mid-90s as well. He will track you down if you steal his shit. He'd have sent a letter to Rollins and Reigns as well, but he only had one stamp.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

When he's babyface he must have to suppress so much of his natural personality, every now and then his real life attitude reveals itself.

No he was playing someone who was furious and was looking for a fight, he was happy to just batter the first person he came across and it ended up being Axel. He wouldn't have done that if he had won the night before. He did it because his character was pissed off.

Everyone was waiting to hear what Punk had to say so the arena was pretty quiet, and he knew that guy would ruin how the segment came across on TV. He turned it into part of the angle and used it to expand on the point he was there to make.

Completely agree with this. The live crowd ate it up, it was fun to watch for the reasons you stated. It was something very organic in an all too contrived programme.

• Moderators

Yeah, he's organically a bellend. I know it was Maxwell Murder, and he'd applaud CM Punk spaffing on his wife's face, but there's something really not good about the companies No. 2 babyface burying a fat lad on TV in front of the whole world because he booed him, and then dared him to cross the barricade even though security is everywhere. It's dickish, and it ruins the good babyface currency CM Punk has accrued being a Cena/Mysterio-esque and likeable "Never say die" babyface over the past couple of months.

Everyone was waiting to hear what Punk had to say so the arena was pretty quiet, and he knew that guy would ruin how the segment came across on TV.

Remember that next time John Cena does a massive Baby promo and people boo. Fuck if it spoils how it comes across on TV. Say you went to watch King Lear at a theatre and someone's phone went off, the actors wouldn't stop to make them look a cunt in front of anyone. They'd be professional. You're so fucking blinkered if it's your crush.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
I'd say that a comedian destroying a dickish heckler at a stand-up comedy gig would be a more appropriate comparison than somebody going to watch a bit of Shakespeare.

Sorry like, but that is a horrendous example. Cheering and booing is encouraged when going to see two pretend fighters pretending to hate each other on a show which is supposed to be pretend. Slagging someone off and calling them "fat" and being a total cock to someone who's just paid about 40 quid to go and watch it is thick as fuck. Its bullying mentality from someone who clearly isn't comfortable calling himself a pro wrestler. If he did, he'd take it and like it. Hogan took it. Rock took it. Cena took it. The big boys take it. The little boys spit their dummy out. He wants to try playing for Sunderland. He wants to have people yelling "I hope your kid gets cancer and your wife catches the aids" at him at the Upton Park one week. They dont yell back. They go and shag someone the fans wouldn't know what to do with and drive a car they couldn't afford. People need to get the fuck over this bullshit as being anything other than entertainment. Fans need to get emotionally into the characters and the wrestlers need to realise they are nothing in the grand scheme of things. All this shite about "its got the crowd going" is a piss poor excuse. When did insulting a member of your fan base (who paid a shitload more than its probably worth to get in) become heat.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Not really. Wrestling follows a protagonist vs antagonist narrative. Why is the protagonist bullying some fat lad (BE A STAR) who dares talk against him? Surely a great babyface rises above it and isn't arsed, instead of crying his big insecure inside tears and making someone who's not involved in anything look a massive prick on worldwide TV just because he doesn't like getting booed while he's a babyface? Fuck, half of his shtick against Cena in 2011 was "They boo you, but you're meant to be a good guy. People don't like you. I'm the Voice of the Voiceless". Well, to be fair I don't think many people speak up for the fat virgin sitting near the front at Raw.

He should grow some fucking pubes, and dry his eyes, should Punk.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
I love this angle. The execution has been brilliant. LaGoosh as way off the mark with his comments,

I just really really fucking hate Stephanie McMahon. Everything about her pisses me off. Honestly, no matter what she does even if it's amazing I will hate it because she disgusts me.

It was right in the moment. Its not something he should be doing every week whenever a fan says something he doesn't like. There and then, it worked. Like Arch said the fan probably enjoyed being center of attention, I also agree with his spot on analogy of comedian putting down a heckler. The guy probably has a gif of it on his sig on some random forum with a caption saying "I WAS IN AN ANGLE BETWEEN CM PUNK AND PAUL HEYMAN and they called me fat"

Either way Punk showed more anger in that segment than Cena has ever been able to get across. It was so much better than just looking at the fat guy and saying "I love you man and I respect your right to be an idiot" like Cena would. Even when he is fired up Cena still talks like his Nan watches Raw every week.

Any chance the fat guy in the crowd was a plant? Just seemed to me that Punk was not even facing the direction that the boo came from and was able to pick out who did it instantly. Could of been any one of about twenty people.

Also with Heyman working it into his part of the angle, it just seems too convenient.

Either that, or both Punk and Heyman should be commended for thinking on the fly and using an opportunity which presented itself to amplify the tone of the promo and the segment as a whole.

Scripted or not, it worked.