The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'd actually keep the briefcase with Strowman for longer than Summerslam. It might annoy some of the crowd on the night, but I'd have him beat Owens and then as Roman/Brock are warming up or walking to the ring ahead of the main event, have him square up to them, give them a shit-eating grin, then saunter away. It would be a cool Summerslam moment if he did cash-in but it's almost too predictable (not that that's ever stopped them before), and by saving the cash-in you could do several teases between now and the new year, possibly even up to Wrestlemania. 

• Paid Members

Roman wins, Strowman cashes in, if they're mildly cretinous. They pretend that Braun is a heel even though he will get cheered, and they think Mania is the right time to properly give Roman the win that sticks. They're wrong.

Or if they're even bigger turds than I give them credit for and they reprise the "cash in turns it into a triple threat" so Brock doesn't get pinned, in case they want to protect him for if he comes back. They payoff that never comes.

5 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I don't regularly watch WWE but surely it must be confusing and detract from the average viewer's enjoyment when your biggest babyface stars (Cena, Reigns etc) are being booed out of the building.

I just don't understand these fans' viewpoint tbh. If they're so unhappy with what's being served, why are they shelling out top dollar and making the effort to go to shows if they evidently hate it so much?

To a degree I can get watching Raw out of week out of habit, even if you don't really enjoy it, but actually going to shows to express how much you hate it all? Odd.

Because they don't hate it all, and it's a prevailing absurd notion that they do. 

They're doublethinking themselves to a degree, but it stands to reason that the people shelling out to go to multiple shows a year still enjoy engaging in some way with the WWE product and get bang for their buck getting worked up and excited over a show, then being arseholes during certain matches and booing the shit they don't like. 

The people who don't actually care are the likes of us, who pay Network subs just to watch NXT and weird WCW shit. Most of us struggle with Raw in clip form and wouldn't go to a house show if it was down the road. 

The superfans they still have evidently still enjoy the experience to some extent. Whilst their mentality is poisonous to the on screen presentation of the product at times, I've still never understood the belief that they genuinely suffer at these shows and pay for the privilege to do so, as if the whole thing was like a torture scene from Hostel and we should be fundraising to bail them out of the buildings. 

Don't kid yourself, they love this shit. 

6 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I just don't understand these fans' viewpoint tbh. If they're so unhappy with what's being served, why are they shelling out top dollar and making the effort to go to shows if they evidently hate it so much?

Same reason there are a bunch of chumps who consume WWE and haven't liked it for years, then post on places like here telling Vince where he is going wrong when it comes to promoting.  Self importance.

These people think they actually matter.  It must be fucking great knowing that you can shovel up any old shit for years and there will STILL be idiots waiting to post online about how shit your product is and will be tuning in again week after week.

I’d like them to have Braun cash in to make a triple threat to start and then beat Lesnar in a couple of minutes. Sort of like when they did it with Tanaka, Taz and Mike Awesome in ECW. Whether Brock would be willing to do that or not, who knows. He did it for Goldberg, granted, but I reckon he was more willing and more matey with Goldberg than he is Braun or Reigns

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

There will STILL be idiots waiting to post online about how shit your product is and will be tuning in again week after week.

This. 

The WWE is in such a fortunate position in that regard. People say that TNA have been given an X amount of chances, but fuck me, these WWE lads couldn't lose fans even if they tried.

Edited by garynysmon

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

This. 

The WWE is in such a fortunate position in that regard. People say that TNA have been given an X amount of chances, but fuck me, these WWE lads couldn't lose fans even if they tried.

They definitely can, and do, lose fans. But the ones they lose aren’t the ones who are determined to angrily watch every week to see how Roman Reigns is going to get shoved down their throat by Vince. And even if those fans did stop watching Raw, they’d still be putting a tenner a month in the WWE kitty so they can watch NXT, which they convince themselves is hated by Evil Vince and Evil Kevin Dunn so their network subscription is actually a rebellion against WWE.

I think the only way they can save this is to have Brock go full on heel on Roman (think Brock vs Orton) to the point where the match is stopped, the fans will probably not like the ending (or the fact the match has no clear winner) then bring out Braun to cash in on the title. That way Roman doesn't really lose, Brock gets caught off guard whilst giving Roman a beating and the fans go home happy. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

And even if those fans did stop watching Raw, they’d still be putting a tenner a month in the WWE kitty so they can watch NXT, which they convince themselves is hated by Evil Vince and Evil Kevin Dunn so their network subscription is actually a rebellion against WWE.

Its a genius move when you think about it...

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I think the only way they can save this is to have Brock go full on heel on Roman (think Brock vs Orton) to the point where the match is stopped, the fans will probably not like the ending (or the fact the match has no clear winner) then bring out Braun to cash in on the title. That way Roman doesn't really lose, Brock gets caught off guard whilst giving Roman a beating and the fans go home happy. 

They might as well have Paul Heyman tea bag the loser while they're at it. 

• Paid Members

I know Summerslam is going to end with Roman looking all sad after Braun cashes in on him and wins the title. I know they'll fade to black on him slowly walking up the ramp as the commentators try and play it for sympathy that simply isn't there. But I can't help myself. Despite how unlikely it is, with it almost a certainty that this weird deal is going to continue until the end of time, I get so excited imagining that this is them perfectly setting up the Roman heel turn. Give him the title win and when the New York crowd boo him out of the building let him give them the middle finger. Or send Seth out to celebrate when he wins, only for Roman to viciously attack him. Or have Braun cash in and beat Roman but then go off the air with Roman having, "snapped," smashing monitors and shoving Corey Graves in Bret Hart-style fury. It'd be so fucking cathartic to finally let the Roman character just tell everyone to fuck off. It'd be the most legitimate, natural, authentic heel turn of all time. Imagine if we got that smug, "It's My Yard Now," guy on a weekly basis. Christ, I can't think of anything better.