The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Rollins should be a megastar. 

Really? I see this thrown about a lot. I dont see it at all, unless he's playing a weezily, prick heel i just dont see it. Theres nowt likeable about the bloke.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Really? I see this thrown about a lot. I dont see it at all, unless he's playing a weezily, prick heel i just dont see it. Theres nowt likeable about the bloke.

There is no-one more popular in the company and hasn't been for a while. He's over with all fans. His moves are flashy and noticable but he sells well. His babyface promos are acceptable if not really my cup of tea. The "burn it down" thing has really clicked too. Maybe they have an end game in sight but there doesn't appear to be one. Him being crowned at Mania should be their #1 goal on Raw now. Actually, Rollins against heel Reigns might be the biggest match they have.

Balor, Reigns, Ziggler and McIntyre flying around battering each other was loads of fun. How this company has no stars when they have guys this talented baffles me. But when you see horrible, wanky segments like that Balor wendy house skit, you can see why. Presentation of everything is so poor.

Vince looked like a corpse, by the way.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

His moves are flashy and noticable but he sells well.

Does he though? Whenever i see him wrestle (granted, isnt often) he sells the knee all match whilst still performing every high risk move than requires him using his injured leg. Is that effective selling?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Does he though? Whenever i see him wrestle (granted, isnt often) he sells the knee all match whilst still performing every high risk move than requires him using his injured leg. Is that effective selling?

It's not if we hark back to the 80s but these days effective selling is about long enough to allow your opponent to get heat and build steam for your comeback. As much as I love John Cena and his matches, he was always bad for this.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

If he makes you believe that his knee is fucked but that he's able to overcome it to courageously hit his flashy moves, then yeah. I hate people who complain about, "bad selling,' or, "bad psychology," in this sense. "He sold his back all match but then did a kip up," used to be the same shit people would throw at Shawn Michaels to argue he didn't understand selling or psychology. Bollocks. Psychology is whatever makes the fans go nuts. You take them up and down. You sell, you build heat, people think it's over but then you do the big comeback against all the odds and whatever ailments you've previously displayed. You're a hero, after all. It's pro-wrestling 101. If it works, then it works. If the crowd are on their feet then you're doing it right. Simple as that. And there's no denying there's no other babyface on the roster who's had the fans going crazy like Seth has this year. How would you want Seth to correctly sell the knee? He acts like it hurts, then acts like it hurts some more, then loses because it hurts so much, then retires? Would that be better selling? Would the crowd be as into it?

• Awards Moderator

The one Current Rollins thing I can't get on board with is his superplex-straight-into-Falcon-Arrow thing. That's just one step below the Richards-Edwards atrocity and not so very far off the Lio Rush Ultimate Shitarse No-Sell for me. If you've just hit a superplex, don't fucking get straight back up and do another move. If you've got the power left to do that after taking a bump down from the top rope, your superplex must be bloody weak. Don't like it.

Other than that, Rollins has been my favourite male performer on the main rosters this year, and that's something I'd never thought I'd be saying a couple of years ago.

• Paid Members

The Evolution PPV, where women from all brands can face each other, seems the perfect time to do that Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen match they teased at the Mae Young Classic. Incredibly though, it’s the WWE incarnation they’d have the most trouble building up.

Ronda and Shayna are good enough to carry Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir, but they’re practically starting from scratch with Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley and Becky. Sasha and Bayley have feuded into a oblivion, to the point where both of them are utterly loathsome, Becky’s been a non-entity for over a year and Charlotte just weirdly vanished when her teeth and tits fell off. There’s a long road ahead of them if that’s the match they go for but with enough work put into, especially if they pay for some of the UFC footage, I think it could be a real spectacle. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

There is no-one more popular in the company and hasn't been for a while. He's over with all fans.

Rollins is the man in the eyes of a vocal majority in the buildings, it seems. That Raw in Toronto I saw some of (IIRC he and Balor went on last) they gave him colossal amounts of "You're actually the best, we're going to make a fuckton of noise" noise. Bloke looked genuinely choked up on live TV, pretty endearing if we're worried about his likability. Him dropping the I title when he did would have been a common sense indicator of "back in the chase for the U title by SummerSlam" - except they don't book that division with any common sense and instead are going to persevere with whatever they're going to do. Probably anoint their hopeful next star, currently a babyface, by cheap briefcase cash in. Misguided attempt to make Braun the heel when Roman takes it off him, I imagine. Which will be flatter than Savio Vega.

Seth and Balor both within the last two years should have had emotional babyface title victories and at least a couple of months with the belt off the strength of the stories of returning from serious injury to pursue the belt they didn't lose, and both their popularity with the fans that make the noise. In 2015 the two contested the first match for the U title, there's no excuse for their matches, if booked against each other, to be the main event in 2018, especially in the era of two world titles. Except they've been after the I title because there aren't really two world titles, and because they're shite at writing stories.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

If he makes you believe that his knee is fucked but that he's able to overcome it to courageously hit his flashy moves, then yeah.

Potentially the best finish of all time involves Rollins doing exactly this. Seth gingerly scales the ropes after his knee has been worked over by the heel while the commentators go apeshit about "Can he do it?" Seth gets to the top while all manner of shit is lost about his knee. Seth hits Phoenix Splash, crowd goes totally Eugene in excitement, ref counts 3, Seth wins belt, you've got your top babyface for the next 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That's just one step below the Richards-Edwards atrocity

And thus did I decide to make concerted efforts to ensure all future ludicrously convoluted, no-selly or overtly indy sequences are referred to in my house as a Richards-Edwards Atrocity. Arrows.

The Roman story arc is perhaps the worst booking start to finish I have ever seen. Ever.

God awful commentary again, I've zero idea why cole likes elias and don't know what the fuck coach actually does. Steph flipped from face to heel to face about 11 times in an hour. McIntyre still looks proper pissed off that he has to share his screen time with Ziggler, talk about lack of chemistry. 

Rollins is the only reason I watch this absolutely catastrophe of a product. 

Edited by Ambulance Chaser