The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Why even bother with such a pair of hideously predictable triple threat matches? Why waste six guys getting in the ring for two matches where if we the intelligent viewer already didn't know from the booking and status of the wrestlers who was going over, the opening segment made it nigh on explicit?? What's the point? Why not just have the match between the two then and there, have an extra week to build for winner vs Brock, and have a few more matches where there's actually some doubt as to who wins? It's depressing reading.

Livid they didn't have Braun call his shot and surrender his briefcase. They're going to fuck him up just like they fucked Reigns up and if they move the belt onto him it will be in a weak manner that protects Lesnar even if they don't know if the latter will be coming back or not.

Braun looks like such an idiot now.

He should have been the first one charging down when Heyman was in the ring, saying he has a contract and he wants his client now etc.

Now he'll probably cash in after Reigns beats Brock at Summerslam, to continue this weird Reigns thing into the next decade.

If Lashley beats Reigns next week, and again beats Brock at Summerslam then you never know, they could well be onto something with him, aslong as he never speaks.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Oh well, I guess we all know Summerslam is ending with Strowman getting the belt about a year too late, but at least it's better than Lashley or Roman walking out as champion

The plan is probably to have Reigns win and finally defeat Lesnar, only to have Strowman cash in to "nuclear" heat and take the belt.  The problem is, they fail to realise that they would probably get the reactions they wanted, just the wrong way round.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Interesting that Brock is being advertised for the Raw after Summerslam too.

Could Brock beat Reigns again and announce he's going to the UFC with the belt the next night, only for Braun to come down, cash in and destroy Brock writing him off the show?

No, course not. Reigns is winning.

You write that like it's obvious because they always stick to the plan. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Reigns has to win this (if he beats Lashley). At some point, they have to tell this audience that he's better than Lesnar and worth their money. It's ludicrous that after 3 years, they're still waiting.

• Paid Members

I'd laugh my tits off if Brock beats Reigns again. Such shambolic booking, I have no idea who WWE want as their guy any more. I think they just want everyone to look like a massive loser.

The problem to me is that Brock is starting to get heat in the sense that the fans would be happy to see him lose the belt. Except the fact that now its either Lashley or Reigns you feel that the fans will probably be behind Brock, especially the New York crowd. The only way they can save this is to have Braun cash in at Summerslam, but Brock would really need to heel it up against Reigns or Lashley unless they do the double count out, the fans are booing because its shit and Brock thinks he has got away with one and then Braun comes out and destroys him.

Or do we think WWE will do an angle with UFC where whoever it is Brock is facing shows up at the PPV and costs Brock the belt?

• Paid Members

Yeah. I think Reigns is so far gone now that beating Lesnar finally will also be a bit laughable. They've beaten the poor guy into apathy.

Supremo's post on the other page is excellent. He made a great point about this Lesnar story finally starting to gain a bit of momentum (after 6 months of pushing it), but is squandered on two underwhelming choices. It doesn't help that aside from the constant losing of big matches, Reigns is lippy when Lesnar isn't there, but the when Lesnar does Reigns gets leathered. He's essentially been Kevin Owens throughout.

I saw a suggestion posted elsewhere, that with Hogan back, Lashley beats Lesnar and Summerslam ends with Hogan celebrating with Lashley, showing that he is definitely not a racist.

I would laugh at this suggestion and find it a really bad idea, but this is WWE/Vince McMahon and they do seem to have no idea what they are doing at the moment.

I think they should just go with Lashley Vs Lesnar at Summerslam.

Towards the end of the match Paul Heyman (who is inexplicably wearing a kimono) throws salt in the eyes of Lashley who stumbles into the F5 and loses.

Hulk Hogan comes down the ramp to check on his BLACK FRIEND Bobby Lashley. Heyman clocks this from the ring and challenges Hogan to an impromptu title match. After receiving a blessing from his BLACK FRIEND Bobby Lashley (Go for it Hulkster!) Hogan accepts the challenge.

The match starts and The nefarious Paul Heyman tries to throw salt in Hogan’s eyes. (The same fate the befell his BLACK FRIEND Bobby Lashley) but GASP! Hogan ducks and the salt goes in Brock’s eyes. Hogan wipes out Heyman. Hits a clothesline on the blinded Lesnar. Hits the big leg drop. 1-2-3 and Hogan is WWE Universal Champion and is joined in the ring by his BLACK FRIEND Bobby Lashley to celebrate. He then raps to show how totally not racist he is. 

That . . . or Braun Strownman or something.

Edited by Wrasslin

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Yeah. I think Reigns is so far gone now that beating Lesnar finally will also be a bit laughable. They've beaten the poor guy into apathy.

Absolutely true for people like us. However the reason they've fucked Reigns over is trying to appease people like us. Trying to avoid him being as dominant as John Cena and generating a completely different yet remarkably similar environment as a result. To those people, they could still show that Reigns is the guy by having him beat Lesnar. Yes, it's three years too late but he'd still be the guy who finally beat Brock Lesnar.

It's probably a pointless argument. The way they've booked recently, Harmy's prediction that he beats everyone and walks out is probably more likely.

• Paid Members

My preferred outcome would actually be Lesnar leaves without dropping the title, then we can forget it exists and remember that hey, that AJ guy is champion. Maybe he could go on last at the PPV? And be on Raw too. Because.

13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

My preferred outcome would actually be Lesnar leaves without dropping the title, then we can forget it exists and remember that hey, that AJ guy is champion. Maybe he could go on last at the PPV? And be on Raw too. Because.

Think I would prefer that too.

Would open up Brock to come back when he's had enough of the UFC as well, Still carrying the belt that he won and never lost however many years previous.