The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

35 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Ridiculous fantasy booking ahead. 

Brock beats Cormier at UFC 229, Strowman comes down and rips the cage door off and cashes in. Strowman wins and the internet explodes. 

Holy fuck that would be unreal if it could be agreed.

Expect the UFC crowd would shower it with boos, mind.

Nah, unrealistic. Strowman announces he's cashing in at a title match, to make it a triple threat. Cormier v Brock v Strowman in the first ever 3-way for both the UFC Heavy and the WWE Universal. Strowman by TKO (R3) after spearing Cormier through the cage.

• Paid Members

A better show than recently.

Roman and Lashley are way more enjoyable smashing fuck out of each other than cutting shitty shoot promos on each other. They’ll probably have a good match on the PPV but I worry what kind of reaction they'll get. 

Really fun main event. Seth is the guy and Drew has never looked better.

Kevin Owens should never be featured in street clothes. He looks like such a fat slob when he’s not in his gear. Him and Kurt seem to have good comedic chemistry together. I’d love Owens to replace Corbin as Kurt’s sidekick.

Not mentioning Brock after he made so many headlines at the weekend was fascinating. I think they probably realise what a mess they’ve made of Brock’s situation. Give him The Undertaker’s streak, build him up for years, give him the Title, book him to beat emerging stars like Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman to get him ready for Roman, only to bottle it at the last minute and be left looking like dickheads. Your champion is doing angles on your competition’s television, you’ve probably only got him for one more date, and yet there’s absolutely no-one on your roster who’s ready to take the belt. You can’t blame Brock for doing what he can to make himself as big a star and as rich as possible. It’s all their fault for this ridiculous way in which they’re obsessed with Roman being the guy whilst simultaneously shit scared of Roman being the guy.

That Ronda promo for the computer game, with Piper’s voiceover, was incredible. They should hire whoever does those videos because they’re awesome every single year.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Was going to ask if they really didn't mention Brock. When they were relevent, that would have been all over the show. It would have been the opening montage, the announcers would have done it to death, there'd be three skits and four promos based around it. Now, when they crave every tiny bit of mainstream pub they can get in any old clickbait shitarse website - they don't even reference this at all. I don't understand the mindset.

• Paid Members

Honestly, I think they’re embarrassed. They put all their eggs in the Brock basket and he gives so few fucks that he’s already building up MMA fights before even dropping the belt. It also doesn’t help that the angle he shot for the UFC was better than any angle he’s done for the WWE in years and years. They must be seething.

He’s made them look so stupid and there’s little to nothing they can do at this point. All this build up and they’ve cocked it up beyond belief. They’ve already tried to portray him as a traitorous heel abandoning the WWE for UFC but we saw at Wrestlemania what that achieved. The best case scenario is probably getting Seth to take it from him but you know that’s the last thing they’ll be thinking of. 

What a mess.

• Awards Moderator

How surprising that Bo Dallas can do a decent Bray Wyatt impression.

A pull apart is fine but it's getting repetitive. Shows how bland the locker room attire is when they all pile in and it's really difficult to tell who's who.

• Paid Members

Still a bang average show even with Rollins/Drew being quite good. Honestly, some of the midcard stuff is slowly reaching 2004 levels of bland. 

Just can't get into the Lashley/Roman feud even with the big pull apart. Lashley has actually been the better of the two on the mic, which is saying something because they're both pretty shit when it comes to stirring the motions of the audience. The performers involved are so just so fucking bland it's killing any possible enjoyment I could get from it. 

• Paid Members

So Roman is walking out to the ring, Lashley cuts him off and stands in his way. Roman demands Lashley let’s him pass, then Roman goes out to the ring, and calls Lashley out? 

Why did they not just fight in the back when they were face to face?

I did like Balor cracking Corbin as he ran to stop Roman. Nice little touch.

Edited by Nick James

I don't mind Reigns, but the sheer amount of time they devote to him each Raw is crazy.  Pre-intro package, first 20 minutes of Raw, then continual recaps and interviews across the show including a picture-in-picture recap in the middle of someone else's fucking match!  

The Ronda Rousey ad was fucking class.

It's the first Raw I've actually watched all of in a few months, and it feels like nothing has happened apart from the start of a Mojo push.  Which is a pleasant surprise.

6 hours ago, Nick James said:

So Roman is walking out to the ring, Lashley cuts him off and stands in his way. Roman demands Lashley let’s him pass, then Roman goes out to the ring, and calls Lashley out? 

Why did they not just fight in the back when they were face to face?

What's worse is, when Lashley stopped Reigns backstage, he said something like "I hope you're going out there to call me out." Or words to that effect. It's ridiculous.

Asking another wrestler, to his face, to call you out from the ring. Raw has hit a new low.

• Paid Members

An OK show. Both triple matches were fun but both results were the most uninspiring possible.

It's almost a shame that Brock will be facing either boring Bob or laughable Roman because, almost by accident, this Brock-Hates-WWE, Universal-Title-Held-Ransom thing suddenly feels like it's got some momentum behind it. I think it's mainly because of how successful that UFC angle with Daniel Cormier was. Suddenly, after months of him feeling ice cold, you could genuinely feel some excitement and anticipation surrounding Lesnar tonight. When Heyman came out and Kurt was teasing stripping Brock you could sense some real heat there and the crowd would've likely popped huge if Brock had appeared. There's something there. It's such a shame this is now going to be wasted on one of the two worst choices of everyone who came out claiming their shot.

Imagine if they decided to use this angle to strap a rocket to Seth? He's already proven himself to be the best babyface on the main roster. He'd be tailor made to, "save," the title from Brock. Or imagine if they pulled the trigger on Finn. It's frankly a miracle that Finn is still as over as he is considering the year he's had, so imagine if they actually tried to make something of him? Enough time has passed since the Sister Abigail shit that I reckon there'd have been some awesome anticipation if we were promised The Beast vs. The Demon at Summerslam for the Title Balor never lost. They'd probably have a fantastic match, too. Fuck, even Drew would make for an interesting match considering how good he's looked since coming to the main roster. Give it a couple of weeks build and Drew vs. Lesnar in a battle of the big bastards would be great fun.

LOL at them sending Roman out last though. All this potential and then that sulky prick walks out and doesn't even ask for the shot, yet gets one anyway. Michael Cole was waffling on about how Roman had the, "biggest point," in terms of getting the Title shot but I don't know what show he's been watching. All Roman has done is lose and lose and whinge and whinge! Lashley would be better than Roman to challenge Brock at Summerslam, but not by much. That bit backstage where he was doing shit shadow boxing, then randomly cut a promo towards camera was as awkward as it gets. Oh well, I guess we all know Summerslam is ending with Strowman getting the belt about a year too late, but at least it's better than Lashley or Roman walking out as champion

So disappointed we didn't get Kevin Owens in a full body cast. I couldn't imagine them not doing it. Being rolled in looking like Mr. Bump, threatening to sue Kurt, would've been brilliant.

Similarly, I don't know why they're wasting all of the B Team's potential by simply having the commentator's reference their all-night celebrations rather than shooting some daft vignettes. Imagine if we saw them hanging out of the top of a limo, or gate crashing a wedding, or ending up in jail and needing Kurt to bail them out? Just a handful of vignettes featuring them running around with their belts all night would've been great fun and a million times better than a shit match with The Ascension.

Between the PPV and Raw Mickie James is on quite the roll in terms of the shorts she's wearing. It's truly impressive how she's come back ten years everyone else's elder and yet blows everyone away in terms of hotness.

Are Sasha and Bayley lesbians, then?

Perfect booking of Ronda. They should keep her suspended until Summerslam and then just have her wreck the shit out of Alexa to win the Title. I wonder if they'd pull the Lion's Den cage out of the Warehouse?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

First time for weeks I've even bothered with the highlight version of Raw due to the intrigue around Lesnar they created on the PPV. I don't know that I expected any better but the same old "Let's have a load of people wander out to moan, put them in some matches and end up with two people who just had a match fighting for the #1 contender slot" stuff isn't at all inspiring. If we'd ended up with Balor vs. Rollins for the shot, it might have been something.

Reigns continues to be baffling. It continues to feel like he turned heel the night after Mania 2017 and Michael Cole is the only person not in on it. He's not a babyface in any way and I don't think anyone in WWE is even trying to pretend otherwise. They just daren't say he's a bad guy either because he still has some support. It's the most half-assed shit ever and that's a shame because it could be great.