The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

If we're dredging up storylines from the past, maybe the Reigns pay-off will be a Montreal screw-job style victory with a heel turn for him, and Lesnar spitting at people and spelling out UFC whilst perched on the ropes?

• Paid Members

Kurt Angle is a bit of a work-shy bugger ain't he? I can't figure out what he's playing at. The man shows up at Raw without an opening match booked and no main event. Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler have to agree to have a match together and decide if it's going to be for the title or not, since neither of them have any work for the night. 

If all Kurt had booked for the night was Authors of Pain Vs Titus Worldwide and The Ascension Vs The B Team, then it's no wonder Stephanie McMahon has the constable keeping an eye on him. He's taking the piss. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Kurt Angle is a bit of a work-shy bugger ain't he? I can't figure out what he's playing at. The man shows up at Raw without an opening match booked and no main event.

That's unfair. He was just about to strip Lesnar of the title when Heyman walked out. So for all you know, he had a main event of Mojo Rawley vs. the winner of Dallas vs. Axel all worked out.

• Paid Members

Honestly, all the contenders crap makes me pine for the days when they'd just tell you who was getting the title shot. Kurt should have decided who he was giving it to in advance like a proper boss. Anything but putting six lads in contention, especially with none of them being Braun.

Of course, they could still have Braun call his shot after Reigns/Lashley has a winner and make it a triple threat. Anything to chickenshit out of Lesnar losing the belt properly.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, air_raid said:

Honestly, all the contenders crap makes me pine for the days when they'd just tell you who was getting the title shot. Kurt should have decided who he was giving it to in advance like a proper boss. Anything but putting six lads in contention, especially with none of them being Braun.

Such a terrible trope that is everywhere now. I get it, because a title shot is a reason to care about a match every time, but it's so diluted now. Practically every PPV is followed by a TV show where there's a match or matches setting up the next challenger. That would be much more fun used sparsely to promote people from the pack. As it is, it's the same people time and again.

So incredibly frustrating how much potential there is for awesome shit to be going on and how often some momentum or an interesting scenario suddenly presents itself, but that excitement is killed dead almost instantly.

Agreed with another post that all of a sudden, this Brock doing what he wants, holding the title hostage deal has some legs and could produce some good tv. Did at least, until this show was done with. Imagine if Braun and Brock hadn’t really touched yet, or at the least hadn’t crossed paths during Brocks title reign. If Brauns buzz hadn’t simmered, they hadn’t already had a title match and Braun cashes in forcing Brock to appear and defend, it could have been as hot as Goldberg dethroning Hogan when Braun goes over.

Braun having the MITB contract is the perfect storyline for this Brock angle and to actually do something different with the cash in for once. And fuck me Braun is a monster, who constantly, confidently smashes through everything and everyone and has wanted at Brock for a while. Why on earth would he not be demanding Brock appear and defend his title in this scenario. It’s a massively noticeable, logic flaw and lacking continuity with Brauns character. That could pretty much only be forgiven if they’re having Braun rock up at Brocks ranch and start throwing trees and horses around demanding his title match like I think someone mentioned here, or showing up at UFC and flipping the Octogan over.

Rollins could have been an exciting challenger for SummerSlam too. That crowd would be well into him having a crack at Lesnar. Reckon that would produce a great atmosphere and probably a tremendous match too. Such easy ways to have got there too. Keep the IC title on Seth, continue him being the fighting baby face champion, every show, having an exciting matches each time. The complete opposite of what Lesnars reign has become recognised as. Being the top singles champion on Raw who is there all the time, successfully defending it, have him positioned as such. Just start acting like he’s your main champion and referring to him that way in Brocks absence. Give him PPV main events, then start having Seth taking shots at Brock and claiming himself as the true champion of Raw. They could have done some nice build for this since WrestleMania and have the audience throbbing at the idea of Seth taking the belt off Lesnar. And fuck it, put the belt on Rollins at SummerSlam, next night on Raw, a bitter Reigns turns on him in a callback to The Shield split.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

They did that with Brock's challenger at The Greatest Royal Rumble. People moaned.

Context. People moaned because r0MAn SuCKz0rz!1, because he was coming off a high profile emphatic defeat to Lesnar, because the match was awful, because they they thought the plan was for him to still win the belt and they didn't like it, or any number of reasons why wankers moan because Roman.

Also, good for People. My pining does not depend on People. People will watch an entire 3 hour broadcast every week even though they hate it. People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis, you can't trust People, Jeremy.

• Paid Members

They are so going to have Reigns beat Lesnar only for Strowman to cash in aren't they? The final indignity.

Rollins should be a megastar. He should be after a Universal title shot only for Angle to keep denying him one because Steph and Triple H won't allow it given their history. Build a groundswell behind him. Then he wins the Rumble.

Women only PPV. Sounds horrendous. But fine if you're into it.

• Paid Members

I could do without how self-congratulating they were about the all-women PPV. I know that's exactly their style; wanking themselves dry without a hint of subtlety, but still. It was so nauseating. Plus, they couldn't have announced it at a worse time in terms of how awful their main roster women's divisions currently are. Carmella is having an all-time shit reign, having bad match after bad match against really talented women, killing the aura and momentum of people who could've truly headlined Wrestlemania against Rousey. Charlotte vs. Ronda or Asuka vs. Ronda could've been so huge but now I don't give a shit about either match.

Then on Raw you've got Bayley and Sasha doing whatever the fuck their angle is meant to be. Even if one of them is not turning on the other and this is genuinely the culmination of their story where they find commons ground and succeed together, this awful storyline has done such irredeemable damage to both characters that they're now the epitome of fast-forward, go-away-heat. That's the thing. There's no doubt something special happened in NXT and between Asuka and the Four Horsewomen it felt like there was a genuine, authentic shift in women's pro wrestling. But that feels like a lifetime ago now. Askua is just another woman on the roster, having bad matches with awful finishes, losing constantly to Carmella in ways that doesn't even generate sympathy for her character. And where the fuck has Becky Lynch been for the last year? Yeah, they've started featuring her again these past few weeks, but that's only because there's no-one left to feed to Carmella for reasons I can't understand. It's not heel heat with Carnella at all. It's just garbage.

The only good thing going on with the women is Ronda Rousey and that's almost entirely thanks to Ronda's in-ring performances. The writing of Ronda's character and storylines have been absolutely woeful. If it wasn't for how freakishly good she is it'd be just as bad as everything else.

I mean, honestly. Other than them not being called "Divas,' anymore, I don't really see much difference between the women now and the women of 2010. In exactly the same way they've made me not care about them at all. No amount of buzzwords, or hugging and crying on the stage is going to change that.

At least we've got Mickie James' legs though. And that's the point exactly. 2010 as fuck.

Edited by Supremo