The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I really enjoyed Raw this week. Thought it was spaced out quite well for a 3 hour show. 

Enjoyed the KOTR final, the whole Bray stuff throughout the show, the main event wasn't too shabby either with Seth vs Roode, the Kane/Truth had its good moments and as already mentioned even the trashy Maria storyline was better than them having another match. Maybe it was for nostalgic reasons but I enjoyed Kane coming out at the end and was good to see Bray take him out too. Raw felt like it had a bit more purpose to it, whether thats the Heyman effect without Vince or them turning it up a little bit ahead of the roster split who knows.

Lastly, I do wonder where they are going with this Maria baby thing, it feels very attitude era in that its a trash storyline but has had its funny moments, would love to know how this one ends? Part of me would love for Baron Corbin to be the daddy just for the cheap heat and Corbin/Maria just being this horrible couple on TV, him to beat Mike Kanellis to show him what a real man Corbin is. 

1 minute ago, Briefcase said:

I really enjoyed Raw this week. Thought it was spaced out quite well for a 3 hour show. 

Enjoyed the KOTR final, the whole Bray stuff throughout the show, the main event wasn't too shabby either with Seth vs Roode, the Kane/Truth had its good moments and as already mentioned even the trashy Maria storyline was better than them having another match. Maybe it was for nostalgic reasons but I enjoyed Kane coming out at the end and was good to see Bray take him out too. Raw felt like it had a bit more purpose to it, whether thats the Heyman effect without Vince or them turning it up a little bit ahead of the roster split who knows.

Lastly, I do wonder where they are going with this Maria baby thing, it feels very attitude era in that its a trash storyline but has had its funny moments, would love to know how this one ends? Part of me would love for Baron Corbin to be the daddy just for the cheap heat and Corbin/Maria just being this horrible couple on TV, him to beat Mike Kanellis to show him what a real man Corbin is. 

I would be very surprised if the Maria reveal doesn’t go like this...

Maria - “Ladies and gentlemen, the father of my child...” *points to the titantron*

....NO CHANCE

• Paid Members

The Fiend is surely winning. Seth is doing what Seth always does in the top spot, which is sucking the life out of the title. Impressive that they've had him go over Lesnar twice clean and he's somehow worst off than the first win. Truth is Seth needed to improve massively after his first title run, but he's still the same wrestler that lacks the charisma and nuances to be a good top guy.

WWE is absolutely knackered if they see a reason to not go all the way with The Fiend. I don't mind them semi rushing it too because we've seen they have a hard time maintaining momentum of a push.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Supremo said:

LOL at Seth. The chump run continues. Complete Billy No Mates. He got battered five-on-one for aaaaages and the only guy willing to save him was Mayor Kane. And then when Bray turned up he was scripted to just lie and look scared as they went off the air. I love the Fiend as much as anyone, but fucking hell that's not how the top babyface should be reacting to him.

The next logical booking step for both characters seems to be to have Seth actually shit himself in terror when Bray comes out at HiaC.

30 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

The Fiend is surely winning. Seth is doing what Seth always does in the top spot, which is sucking the life out of the title. Impressive that they've had him go over Lesnar twice clean and he's somehow worst off than the first win. Truth is Seth needed to improve massively after his first title run, but he's still the same wrestler that lacks the charisma and nuances to be a good top guy

Who would you have had in his place this year then? 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, 300 said:

Who would you have had in his place this year then? 

image.png.2095fb6683a71172cea817107ccaaa3c.png

Roman Reigns, Cancer Survivor.

The moment they knew he was in remission they should've called the audible and fucked Seth off. Have Brock go apeshit and kill Seth in mid-February, injuring him to the point where he can't get the Title shot he earned at Wrestlemania. Then, bring in Roman to take his place and get revenge. The man beat cancer, for fuck's sake. The babyface of all bayfaces. This was his moment. After years of them trying to make him the hero and after years of making people want to see Roman vs. Brock, life handed them the ultimate opportunity. It couldn't have been more perfect. And then he just existed in limbo for what felt like forever until all momentum and potential upsides had worn off and - unbelievably - he was just another guy. Seriously, can anyone even remember what Roman did between coming back in one of the greatest segments of all time and then having some stuff sort of fall on him in the Summer? Fucked if I can.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

In the end it doesn't matter, they went with Rollins, gave him two clean wins over Lesnar in a few months and it has went nowhere. I mean, imagine if they bothered their arse giving Reigns two clean wins over Lesnar in the space of 6 months, instead of having him look like a blowhard.

It's not like there aren't a number of wrestlers on the roster they could have picked and been any worse off for it. Rollins was rubbish as a world champion heel and, sadly, he's just as bad as a world champion babyface.

All The Sheild members single runs have been underwhelming, in truth, but definitely the story should have been Reigns returning from cancer and winning the title from Lesnar.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

If WWE had booked Roman to come back and take the WrestleMania title shot from Rollins, dey’d have had a shitfit. And Seth wouldn’t have lost all his internet points.

Yeah, this for me too. Nothing wrong with Supremo's post, that should have been the case. But should is the operative word. I've no faith in their ability to book it or those fans not reacting terribly to it.

The answer is Brock Lesnar. They already missed the boat on Rollins. It takes so fucking long to get from Rumble to Mania these days, about 470 million hours of TV, that it kills everyone. They were telling the story better with Kofi on the other side and had no heels lined up for Rollins. Just stick with Brock.