The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I saw Lawler was trending on Twitter. I thought he was either dead or arrested. I didn't think for one second he'd be back on commentary.

With the returns of him, Heyman booking and Bichoff back, Vince must be gutted Ross signed with AEW to stop the full Attitude Era reunion.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Guess the Renee Young experiment is done too? 

"Special contributor" is basically backstage announcer right? 

She’s hosting a show on Fox Sports which is a better role for her. 

Edited by TheBurningRed
Read the wrong report

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Tom Phillips is probably the best commentator they've got right? 

He's my favourite, FWIW. Vic a close second.

Lawler was atrocious when he had that brief cameo a few weeks ago (the night he got the Fiend treatment, IIRC). Somewhere between astounded & devastated he's back.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

No Booker T  :(  Get him on Smackdown, he and Graves have brilliant chemistry.

Booker T will be presenting WWE Backstage alongside Renee Young on Fox Sports 1 starting in November.

https://www.wwe.com/article/fox-sports-announces-wwe-backstage-on-fs1

SmackDown moves from Tuesdays to Fridays beginning Friday, Oct. 4, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on FOX, but WWE fans can still get their Tuesday night fix with FS1’s WWE Backstage, television’s only studio show devoted to all things WWE.

The hour-long weekly show offers viewers the latest WWE news every Tuesday at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT, beginning Nov. 5 on FS1.

Longtime WWE broadcaster Renee Young and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T weigh in on the biggest stories in WWE, and are joined by a rotating cast of guests and personalities, including current and former WWE Superstars.

Ahead of WWE Backstage’s Nov. 5 debut, FOX Sports offers a special preview of the show on Tuesday, Oct. 15, following the conclusion of the ALCS Game 3 on FS1. Young and Booker T are joined by special guests to reveal the WWE Backstage set at the FOX Studios Lot in Los Angeles, and to break in their brand-new ring.

“WWE Backstage is a wrestling show for wrestling fans. From hardcore fans to people new to wrestling, we’ll give them a little bit of everything,” Young said. “It’s going to be fun, it’s going to be loud, we’re going to give them a ton of opinions and I can’t wait to help spread the word about SmackDown coming to FOX.”  

Young will be joined by the two-time WWE Hall of Famer, Booker T, for analysis.

“It’s awesome being part of the FOX family and part of this movement of Friday Night SmackDown to FOX,” Booker T said. “FOX Sports has always been the one-stop shop for sports and now it’s going to be the one-stop shop for sports and entertainment. I think this is going to be a tag team that’s going to last for a long time, and one that cannot lose. As I always say, now can you dig it, sucka?”

More information on WWE Backstage, including additional on-air personalities and special guests, will be announced at a later date.

https://www.wwe.com/article/fox-sports-announces-wwe-backstage-on-fs1

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

On the surface, I feel like moving Cole away from Raw will be super refreshing but I suspect someone will just take his place as senior shouter-of-catchphrases. It’s a fucking killer the way the announcers have to repeat the same lifeless, inauthentic lines throughout the show. It couldn’t feel more fake.

*Viking Raiders music hits*

”ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE RAID?!”

etc.  

I know everyone slags off Mauro Ranallo for the shit pop culture references he crowbars into his commentary, but at least he sounds happy to say them and you can tell he’s come up with them himself. On Raw, it sounds like Cole’s got a gun to his head.

“Shout it’s Boss time! Shout it now!”

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

The last few times Lawler has had a go on the desk he’s had far more life in him than most, despite his age. I get the impression he just doesn’t give a fuck, so the position and all it entails doesn’t chip away at his soul the way it does everyone else. He seems to either ignore direction or they just don’t bother giving him some as well, since he actually sounds like a person commenting on the show and saying stuff that comes to mind, rather than being fed lines to repeat.