The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

• Paid Members

The Dudley Boyz had their own song played at WrestleMania X8. He was the WWE champion last year. It wasn't like he was Mike Sanders. And its only Living Colour. It would have been similar the time Coronation Street brought in Status Quo to do a storyline with Les.

Actually now thinking of it, didn't Ice T lead D'Lo and Godfather to the ring?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why couldn't they have done that when he was a babyface? Would have been a cool little moment if he'd have came out to it last year when he wrestled Jericho. Its not like Living Colour are going to be asking for Metallica money.

I'd say because he was a level below last year. The guys that get that sort of treatment are the very top guys. Punk wasn't nearly that last year. This WrestleMania marks the first 'Mania of him truly arriving and moving up a notch over the last 12 months and coming off the biggest series of matches in his career, and now having one equally as big against Undertaker at the big dance. It's symbolic really, as is getting to work Undertaker at WrestleMania itself.

Not sure about that, I'm sure I read they spent a fortune on the fireworks display during Punk's entrance, which really made him seem like one of the big stars.

I agree they should have got Living Colour, last year, though.

• Moderators
It would have been similar the time Coronation Street brought in Status Quo to do a storyline with Les.

Quo are still a big draw somehow though, weirdly. Can't put my fucking finger on it. Positioned themselves as some kind of British gods of rock if you're a dead sad 55 year old. My mum loves them, for instance.

Good lord... When are WWE going to realise a stacked card doesn't make a GOOD card. Take half that shit out, don't have bands taking up ten minutes and I'd probably watch it.

nine matches over four hours is hardly stacked, is it?

Indeed it is nothing compared to early Wrestlemania's which were almost always padded out with filler matches.

• Paid Members

A British Wrestling federation should do something like this. Book a act that hasn't been relevant in years and make a big deal out of it by booking them to play someone to the ring. ICW would be a good one to do it.

"Time to let the cat out of the bag. The remaining live members of the band Black Lace will be playing Grado to the ring on Sunday".

• Paid Members
"Time to let the cat out of the bag. The remaining live members of the band Black Lace will be playing Grado to the ring on Sunday".

This is my favourite thing I've ever read.

Slightly off topic but iv just ordered WrestleMania over the phone but I was wondering do I need to have my telephone line connected to my sky box to be able to watch or can I leave it in the Internet box thing, sorry I'm really not good at stuff like this lol.

I have never had my Sky box hooked up to my phone line, it doesn't make a difference. You don't need to do anything.

The only problem you will have is you will not be able to record it to your Sky+. Pressing the record button on your Sky remote will attempt to order the event again, which as you know, you can't do through your box as it isn't hooked up to the phone. Luckily the show is repeated constantly for two weeks or something, so you can always catch it again, but it's really annoying not being able to record to watch at your own pace.

I ordered the Royal Rumble and wasn't sure about this as I had connected the Sky box to the phone line to order then just took it out (can't kept it connected due to the positions of the Sky Box to the phone line) but it was fine. If the above is true, when ordering try pressing the Record instead of select and this will allow you to record the live event as well.

Also I have to do a manual callback with the phone line connected for the charge to be billed to the account.

• Paid Members
Cena actually did turn heel at the press conference. How strange is that? I'd have thought they would have waited until WrestleMania. Giving away a big moment like that is throwing away money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=hvx0OFtkU5s

Hey Duke, get that quote out of your sig. I told you it was coming.

:laugh: Now it's there to be recorded for posterity.

I loved that. It's different to the ryder stuff (which I enjoyed at the time) because he's doing it to dismiss the nonsense and get back to whats actualyl happening. Top man

I really hope that Fandango vs Jericho is good because I'm really starting to like Fandango. It's a proper gimmick, an actual concept and he's playing it well. Each beat down he's given Jericho has been better than the last, more and more vicious and I love the "say my name" thing he's doing.

I'm not as excited for Wrestlemania 29 as I was for 28 but I still think it'll be a fun show.

Ice T sang Godfather and D'Lo out yeah, I still remember the Godfather rocking a lovely bob hair cut.

ShortOrder's right, I think.

Certainly in the eyes of the company. The graphic before the Raw featured HBK/HHH/Rock/Lesnar/Cena/Undertaker/Punk with the voiceover saying 'SEVEN OF THE BIGGEST SUPERSTARS OF ALLLLLL TIME, LIVE ON RAW TONIGHT' and it just made me think, however disingenuous of them, that they really do go out of their way to make him look like a megastar these days. He even closed the go-home show.

Though, knowing Punk, he's probably bitching to Colt Cabana about not being further up the card.

• Paid Members
A British Wrestling federation should do something like this. Book a act that hasn't been relevant in years and make a big deal out of it by booking them to play someone to the ring. ICW would be a good one to do it.

Yeah, like Brian Dixon hasn't been calling Ant & Dec's agent every day for the past fortnight.

• Paid Members

I was in Forbidden Planet earlier and the staff were talking about how John Cena was definitely going heel at 'Mania and how much better he was going to be and he could stop doing that "PG shit and go back to the Attitude era". My blood started to boil and then one of them uttered "Henry vs Ryback is gonna be crap. Henry is so rubbish". I immediately left the shop and vow never to return.

Archived