The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

Or embrace the ageing process and lack of hair, and go back to Biker Taker. I reckon nowadays he's look a lot like Clay Morrow from Sons of Anarchy, which isn't a bad look:

2012_Clay_promo.jpg

Biker Taker wasn't supernatural, he was a grouchy old badass. Much easier to do nowadays, and his entrance on the bike was class. That'd give Punk a shock.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm probably the only person that thought The American Badass was 'Taker at his coolest. But avengers on Harley Davidsons fucking rule.

Joint coolest with the Ministry 'Taker, but i was a bit of a goth back then so bummed that whole act. I personally think he should have went further with the whole cowboy malarky.

• Paid Members

I loved Biker Taker, especially in the beginning. He became an instant favourite of mine when he debuted that character. It ran it's course and the outfits and theme tunes got weaker to the point where the return to the Deadman gimmick was a welcome change. It's a bit weird to think that it's nine years since that happened. Personally, I think he should have changed his gimmick up again a couple of years ago.

• Paid Members
Vince apparently for some reason absolutely despises BikerTaker, so don't expect to see him back like that any time soon. His current facade is basically a hybrid of the two anyway.

You say hybrid, but really his look is just half-arsed.

• Paid Members
He's sitting in a hat shaking hands with the fans. Something he was totally against for two decades. Why would he start doing that now, after he's shaved his head and started wearing a shite Shredder outfit? He doesn't look like the supernatural character he's protected for most of his career. He usually wears eyeliner, so "looking like a hardcase" isn't what his character is going for. He was supposed to look like a zombie type. A long haired, pale skinned grim reaper. He reminds me of an old blues singer, now.

Should never have cut his hair.

He was doing it at mania 16's fan shin dig and pulling that "deadman" face while sitting around in his biker gear when he was just months away from his huge return.

I loved the taker for mania a few years back when he was walking around looking like a rugged old bastard just sneering at the poor sod who challenged him.

• Paid Members
He's sitting in a hat shaking hands with the fans. Something he was totally against for two decades. Why would he start doing that now, after he's shaved his head and started wearing a shite Shredder outfit? He doesn't look like the supernatural character he's protected for most of his career. He usually wears eyeliner, so "looking like a hardcase" isn't what his character is going for. He was supposed to look like a zombie type. A long haired, pale skinned grim reaper. He reminds me of an old blues singer, now.

Didn't say it his gimmick to look like a hardarse. He just generally does. He's completely got that old hard grizzled bastard Clint Eastwood aura about him for me. Which is what I think he should run with full pelt these days, which it seemed they were doing around WM27. And anyway, it is sort of his gimmick to be a hardarse, it's been made clear Taker is hard as nails for a long time, that's definitely part of his thing. And he's been humanised gradually more and more over the last 4 Manias. I don't like the Shredder outfit either though. I don't give a shit about the hair. If he still donned the cowboy hat and rocked Johnny Cash I'd be happy.

• Moderators
I much prefer Taker as the biker (or the current hard as nails grizzled vet) than the zombie/demon/wizard version.

To be honest, I've just never really liked supernatural gimmicks. They're a bit too much even for me.

Either keep the long hair and go full on with the supernatural gimmick

But surely him going bald looks worse than just shaving it all off. As that looks a bit pathetic seeing a bloke try and hold on to their locks Bill Bailey style. Granted I remember you saying how can he dodge death and be supernatural but cant beat male pattern baldness.

(Yeah finally checked out the attire, the grizzled old cowboy look would suit it a bit better. Can still keep it dark and bleak looking but not overly supernatural/theatrical. Would of Paul Bearers death been a way to distance taker from the old spooky druid and demon stuff?)

Archived