The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

• Paid Members

You know the score, right? This business...

wrestlemania-29.jpg

...in this place...

new-meadowlands-metlife-stadium.jpg

...with this stuff chucked in there...

2dt2a9i.jpg

2hxssqu.jpg

546153_509485475753901_1946564241_n.jpg

...and all this going on:

TWICE IN A LIFETIME WITH GOOD REASON

20120318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_RockCena_HOMEPAGE.jpg

THE LITTLE ONE POURED SOME DUST ONE THE BIG ONE, WHO'S PROPER ANGRY ABOUT IT

20120318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_TakerPunk_HOMEPAGE.jpg

I GAVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS UNTIL MICHAELS SHOWED UP AGAIN

20120402_Light_WM_Pre_TripleHBrock_Shawn_HOMEPAGE.jpg

I WOULDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS IF IT WASN'T FOR DIRTY DUTCH

20120318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_DelRioSwagger_HOMEPAGE.jpg

A PROPER SHOVELLING-MAIN-EVENTERS-ONTO-THE-CARD MATCH BUT WILL PROBABLY STILL BE GREAT

20120318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_6man_UPDATE.jpg

BIG FUCKERS FIGHT, HOPEFULLY INVOLVING A GODZILLA FILM RAMPAGE THROUGH THE MINI NEW YORK

20120318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_RybackHenry_HOMEPAGE.jpg

OH SHIT WE'VE GOT SOME TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS AND THE GUY WITH THE BRIEFCASE, DO SOMETHING WITH THAT

20130318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_HellNoDolphBigE.jpg

HOW WEIRD WILL IT BE SEEING CHRIS JERICHO WRESTLE JOHNNY CURTIS IN AN 80,000 SEATER STADIUM

20130327_Light_WM_Pre_Match_JerichoFandango_HOMEPAGE.jpg

FILLER

20130320_Light_WM_PreMatch_8Man_C-homepage.jpg

ON THE PRE-SHOW WITH GOOD REASON, APPARENTLY "INTERACTIVE" SOMEHOW

20120402_Light_WM_Pre_Match_WadeMiz_CopyLogos_HomepageLite.jpg

JUST ANNOUNCED, PROBABLY ALREADY IN PROGRESS

HiWRRpC.jpg

Discuss! Speculate! Ignore this til it drops off the first page and we end up using the trip planning thread!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help thinking HBK is going to cost HHH the match either deliberately ('soz mate, had to save you from yourself. You can't do it anymore. But, pssssssst, the subtext is that I'm the showstopper and I can't have you stealing my thunder.') or accidentally ('soz mate, I've got a wonky eye.')

Also, Ryback looks like he's having a tricky shit in that picture.

• Paid Members

You might be onto something there. There were rumours going round of wanting to do HBK/HHH at 30, weren't there? Be a bit of a pain in the arse when they need to sell a retirement stipulation in the future, though.

I was looking forward to this a few months back, but the build has been incredibly uninspiring. It will be a tremendous spectacle, no doubt, but the main matches is all I was really interested in, and now my interest,even in those, has plummeted. What will be the showstealer?

I'm going to a mate's house for Wrestlemania as always, but I haven't seen a minute of WWE for months so I've missed the entire build-up. Without trawling through weeks of RAW on youtube, can anyone point me in the direction of any decent highlight packages summarising the build for the main matches?

I can't help thinking HBK is going to cost HHH the match either deliberately ('soz mate, had to save you from yourself. You can't do it anymore. But, pssssssst, the subtext is that I'm the showstopper and I can't have you stealing my thunder.') or accidentally ('soz mate, I've got a wonky eye.')

Hasn't that been the rumor the past 2 years as well tho

Oh Shawns gonna turn on HHH and set up a match, Shawns retired I don't see him coming back and it seems to me he enjoys being retired (based on his facebook and twitter messages) and dosn't seem to miss it and has no real desire to get back in the ring.

You can't just have Shawn screw HHH to set up a match for Wrestlemania 30, thats a year away, no way can they make that build last that long.

If anything Shawn will actually help HHH somehow or at the least keep Heyman from screwing HHH.

• Paid Members

I'd disagree with your assessment of the mixed tag as "Filler". Filler is one thing this card doesn't need.

It's clearly "Get Cena's bit of fluff on the card. If it helps keep Bryan happy too, all the better."

My manager in work hasn't watched wrestling in years, and upon hearing I watched it, has asked various questions over the last few months. I took Monday off so I can watch WrestleMania and he was asking me a bit about it, he was genuinely shocked that the Intercontinental Title isn't being defended on the main show. Shows how far it's fallen.

• Paid Members
BIG FUCKERS FIGHT, HOPEFULLY INVOLVING A GODZILLA FILM RAMPAGE THROUGH THE MINI NEW YORK

Fuck me, that is the best idea for a match I've ever seen. The fact that this isn't really happening has put a proper dampener on WrestleMania for me now.

That idea of Ryback and Henry battling through the mini-city set-up is the best idea ever and clearly has to happen. If we get a Godzilla/King Kong-style mega-metropolis brawl, I will mark into a frenzy.

GET TO WORK, CREATIVE.

I'm going to a mate's house for Wrestlemania as always, but I haven't seen a minute of WWE for months so I've missed the entire build-up. Without trawling through weeks of RAW on youtube, can anyone point me in the direction of any decent highlight packages summarising the build for the main matches?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/29/r...to-wrestlemania

This covers the 4 biggest matches pretty well.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to this one.

Add me to the list of those excited by Mark Henry vs. Ryback. I love both these guys, the build to it has been superb and I can't wait to see them collide.

I'm also ridiculously excited by Jericho vs. Fandango. Fandango has been my favourite thing on wrestling TV for the last month or so (the skit where he made Khali try to say his name had me in tears of laughter).

Both of these just perfectly sum up what I look for in pro wrestling.

I actually am looking forward to this now. Granted I'm not super excited or anything, but I'm expecting big things from the Shield's six man and HHH/Lesnar. Punk/Taker could go either way, and Rock/Cena is bound to at least be fun, and I feel the same about Ryback/Menry.

Only the eight person has me thinking "shit", but overall it's a decent card.

Archived