The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

Yeah I used the word "transitional". It just isn't a big deal this year and is just building towards Mania 30. Apart from 2 matches (Rock/Cena and Taker/HHH) the rest of the card has been thrown together at the last minute. Whereas many matches may be good in match quality on the night there is very little to be arsed about. Back to the transition, it's something for them all to do before they can have the bigger matches for next years Mania. Even numerous members on here have mentioned how they're more looking forward to Jericho/Curtis and Henry/Ryback more than anything else which is a poor state of affairs. The location and promotion doesn't add much elements to the show they are putting on, it is what they've planned and built up which will make it a good Mania. Think back to WM 27 which was in a great location, massive crowd, incredible set (tron), The Rock was back and still it was an absolute shite Mania.

Edit: Fuck yes, McMahon doesn't look like he's just recovered from a terminal illness. Great to see him rocking the old hair style.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I used the word "transitional". It just isn't a big deal this year and is just building towards Mania 30. Apart from 2 matches (Rock/Cena and Taker/HHH) the rest of the card has been thrown together at the last minute. Whereas many matches may be good in match quality on the night there is very little to be arsed about. Back to the transition, it's something for them all to do before they can have the bigger matches for next years Mania. Even numerous members on here have mentioned how they're more looking forward to Jericho/Curtis and Henry/Ryback more than anything else which is a poor state of affairs. The location and promotion doesn't add much elements to the show they are putting on, it is what they've planned and built up which will make it a good Mania. Think back to WM 27 which was in a great location, massive crowd, incredible set (tron), The Rock was back and still it was an absolute shite Mania.

Edit: Fuck yes, McMahon doesn't look like he's just recovered from a terminal illness. Great to see him rocking the old hair style.

Taker/HHH?

Even numerous members on here have mentioned how they're more looking forward to Jericho/Curtis and Henry/Ryback more than anything else which is a poor state of affairs.

His name is Faaaaaan...daaaaaan...goooooo. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

No that's not it, it's Faaaaaan... DAAAAAAAAaan... Gooo.

Watching his wee entrance at the press conference and his O&A appearance made me realize how much the bloke oozes charisma. Proper takes over a room, when he enters. He's surely due a run with Cena sometime this year (if Cena isn't twisting his heels).

Punk's fucking desperate to be a clever dick by wearing Cabana or Cesaro t-shirts, so I'm glad Cena called him out on it. Everyone else had dressed well except for him.

Dont be a tool, thats part of CM Punk's gimmick. I only skimmed through but it seemed like everyone else stuck to their gimmick during the press conference. Punk never wears suits and makes insider references, its part of the reason he has his loyal fan base. Its not for everyone but its doing little things like that which make him popular

• Paid Members
No that's not it, it's Faaaaaan... DAAAAAAAAaan... Gooo.

Watching his wee entrance at the press conference and his O&A appearance made me realize how much the bloke oozes charisma. Proper takes over a room, when he enters. He's surely due a run with Cena sometime this year (if Cena isn't twisting his heels).

Agreed, just a shame about the crowd chants. Jericho should have returned doing this instead of the bizarre silent gimmick.

Dont be a tool, thats part of CM Punk's gimmick. I only skimmed through but it seemed like everyone else stuck to their gimmick during the press conference. Punk never wears suits and makes insider references, its part of the reason he has his loyal fan base. Its not for everyone but its doing little things like that which make him popular

I enjoy CM Punk as much as the next person but sometimes he does just come across as being a clever little twat. Alright, so it could be argued that he shouldn't have worn proper smart clothing as it doesn't fit with him, but he's always doing smartarse stuff like wearing a Cesaro T-Shirt. Besides, I'm not having a go as such. I'm just saying it's funny that Cena wound him up about his clothing.

At any rate, you should've watched it properly because Triple H was introduced as "Paul Levesque", so not everyone was 'in gimmick', even if he did do a short promo bit.

Agreed, just a shame about the crowd chants. Jericho should have returned doing this instead of the bizarre silent gimmick.

Do you mean he should've become Fandango? How would that have worked?

• Paid Members

I enjoy CM Punk as much as the next person but sometimes he does just come across as being a clever little twat. Alright, so it could be argued that he shouldn't have worn proper smart clothing as it doesn't fit with him, but he's always doing smartarse stuff like wearing a Cesaro T-Shirt. Besides, I'm not having a go as such. I'm just saying it's funny that Cena wound him up about his clothing.

At any rate, you should've watched it properly because Triple H was introduced as "Paul Levesque", so not everyone was 'in gimmick', even if he did do a short promo bit.

Do you mean he should've become Fandango? How would that have worked?

Not literally, you're all so pedantic here. He could've had a dancer with him and pulled some moves.

That idea of Ryback and Henry battling through the mini-city set-up is the best idea ever and clearly has to happen. If we get a Godzilla/King Kong-style mega-metropolis brawl, I will mark into a frenzy.

GET TO WORK, CREATIVE.

If this isnt done and Intergalatic isnt played at the same time then WM will officially suck

• Paid Members
Why couldn't they have done that when he was a babyface? Would have been a cool little moment if he'd have came out to it last year when he wrestled Jericho. Its not like Living Colour are going to be asking for Metallica money.

I'd say because he was a level below last year. The guys that get that sort of treatment are the very top guys. Punk wasn't nearly that last year. This WrestleMania marks the first 'Mania of him truly arriving and moving up a notch over the last 12 months and coming off the biggest series of matches in his career, and now having one equally as big against Undertaker at the big dance. It's symbolic really, as is getting to work Undertaker at WrestleMania itself.

Archived