The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

I wonder, just wonder if they might team The Shield up with Cena if they were to turn him heel. That would be decent. Also I agree there is far more options with Heel Cena and it would be something I'd like to see.

I've tuned out of the WWE at the moment and really not arsed about Mania. I will probably catch bits online on Monday and buy the blu-ray in July.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
A would be EXTREMELY surprised if anybody turned heel at WrestleMania. They tend to leave that kind of storyline-changing stuff for the following TV nowadays.

Nah.. the format is turn on the PPV with no verbal explanation and then hype a promo to finish RAW where they reveal the motivation for their actions. (Everyone who bought the PPV tunes in for the explanation, and people who find out about it by watching RAW have to go buy the re-run to see how it played out.)

I can see where he's coming from. Cena's perfectly able to work against faces, he can be the heel figure in big matches simply by hamming up the SuperCena act and riling up the knobheads, as well as putting over the other face in the build-up (See: Ryback before HIAC). That is much harder to do if he's heel because, as previously mentioned, WWE rarely do Heel vs. Heel matches. At the moment, he can work with both faces and heels, which would be harder if he turned, so why bother?

• Paid Members

I don't think a Cena turn is going to happen, but it's interesting that they have hinted at it. Could it all be a decoy for The Rock being the one to resort to dastardly tactics? I don't know. I don't think the build has been too hot, but there have been a few key promos and some cracking video packages that really did the job of selling me on the match. I'm not sure what more they could have done, this week's promos from both Rock and Cena just felt like they were filling time.

I'm equally excited about Triple H vs Lesnar, which should be a cracking balls-to-the-wall, bloody brawl. As the only no-DQ bout on the card, they won't need to hold back on anything here. Hoping for loads of interference and opportunities for all the characters involved in the story to get on screen.

Despite not being sold by the build up, Punk vs Undertaker ought to deliver on the night. These two have been involved in most of the best matches of the past five years, both know how to put together a compelling, show-stealing match. Atmosphere should be incredible too, with Punk sure to have a lot of the crowd behind him, despite his actions.

Of course, the one I'm really excited about is the battle of the behemoths. I'm not sure just how good it will be, but I'm just delighted to see Henry in a featured singles match at WrestleMania, he deserves it. I've little doubt he's jobbing to a Shellshock, but it should make for a great moment and God knows Ryback is overdue a big win. My biggest fear is the crowd shitting on this match though. I hope they don't but there is potential for it to be ruined by the dickheads.

Jericho and Fandango should be fun. Not expecting too much from it, but with it being the official in-ring debut of Fandango, there's obviously some novelty value there. I hope he has a good outing. To be fair, he's out there with the very best man in the world for the job, so he should be fine.

The Shield are a lot less interesting than they were a few months ago. WWE dropped the ball with them. The 6-man should be good, but I'm not particularly invested in it.

• Paid Members
Something like a Cena heel turn is serious shit and I doubt they'd do it on Raw. It'd would be one of those OMG WrestleMania moments which Mania lacks lately. Also I feel this Mania is a transition Mania like Wm 27 was to build up feuds for the following Mania so I don't feel Mania is that important this year.

They spent more money promoting this WrestleMania than any other ever, it'll probably smash the previous record in terms of live gate, merchandise and PPV buys and its in the New York market. Its totally not a transitional WrestleMania. What feuds are building to for next year? Rock and Cena, Triple H and Lesnar and Punk and Undertaker are all culminations to feuds from 2012 or one-offs.

• Paid Members

This also feels like the biggest 'Mania in ages, due to the location, the fact business is going really well and the amount of press the show is getting. The Rock has been all over the place, handing out belts and talking Wrestlemania. It's three years worth of work, this show.

• Paid Members

You're surely not serious? The Rock is too beloved and too over to be arseing about with heel turns. Even if they did, I doubt folk would boo him anyway, making it completely pointless. If he did turn heel, who does he feud with? They're cheering him over John "PG SUX" Cena everyday in every city. The only person the crowd would maybe boo him against is 'Taker, it's hardly worth the effort.

The rumour is The Rock is facing Brock Lesnar at next years 'Mania.

Archived