The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

• Paid Members
The rumour is The Rock is facing Brock Lesnar at next years 'Mania.

Yeah, but the same people spreading those rumours were saying this time last year that Rock vs Brock was going to main event 29.

I think they'll do it at Summerslam.

Trusted bullshitter, Da Meltz, said it's the rumoured main event. I'm fully aware plans get shifted about, though.

Anyway, my point is if the plan is for Brock/Rock (whenever it is) they're not going to turn The Rock heel at 'Mania.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why couldn't they have done that when he was a babyface? Would have been a cool little moment if he'd have came out to it last year when he wrestled Jericho. Its not like Living Colour are going to be asking for Metallica money.

Pee Wee Herman is going to be at WrestleMania as well. Probably going to do a skit with Foley and Gene Okerlund or something. They'll probably have a few surprises pop up throughout the night as well.

• Paid Members
From Punk's Twitter

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk

Time to let the cat out of the bag! @LivingColour will be playing me to and from the ring Sunday at #Wrestlemaina.

#cultofpersonality

That's going to be superb. Going to be a brilliant atmosphere for his match. I reckon the crowd will be totally split between Punk and Taker and it will be quite the electric spectacle.

Fandango just randomly interrupted the press conference, said his name and danced off. The man is brilliant.

He had a new dancer with him as well, looked like Summer Rae from NXT.

Yes it was Summer Rae from NXT

It was a really fun conference!!

HHH and Steph seemed a bit forced for me, but otherwise great stuff.

John Cena is the man - simple, but a real company guy who knows how to conduct himself.

Count me in as big FHAAAAAN of FHAAAAAAAAAAN-DHAAAAAAN-GOOOOO. The man is money

That press conference sounds tremendous!

How can face Cena have more options than heel Cena after being a face for his entire run (barring a brief bit at the start?)

I'm not saying you're wrong, PITCOS, it's just a strange place to be in.

As I said, WWE will do face vs face PPV mains (particularly with Cena) but generally not heel vs heel ones. All the (viable) opponents for heel Cena are pretty much equally viable for face Cena, but the vice versa isn't true at all. Assuming nobody new is being elevated, it's largely irrelevant because Cena's feuded with all the main heels besides Swagger. But if they want to do something with Cesaro, Sandow, Barrett etc, face Cena can feud with them but heel Cena can't. Whereas feuding with Ryback, Sheamus etc is possible whichever side Cena's on.

Archived