The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

• Paid Members
Damn, that's spectacular. It's all going to look brilliant - apart from those wretched ring-ropes!

Will we getting some daylight? I love those outdoor shows that start off light with the sun setting after an hour or two.

Google says sunset in NY is around 7:30, which'll be about half an hour into the show, so it'll be opening with the sun going down which should look pretty spectacular.

Also, hush your mouth, white ropes are the ropes of the gods.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Predictions

From bottom to top :

PRE-SHOW : MIZ v WADE BARRETT (I TITLE)

Miz will win because they need to get the title off Wade in preparation for a renewed main event push after 'Mania.

MIXED EIGHT PERSON

Don't know, don't really care. Heels. They'll probably put this between the main and either Hunter or Taker, for getting your breath back.

KANE & BRYAN v ZIGGLER & LANGSTON (Tag Title)

If they were wrestling any other tandem I'd say have THN lose and finally split them up, but Ziggler won't win the tag belts here.

CHRIS JERICHO v FANDANGO

The build they've given Dangles is a waste of time and effort if he doesn't win, and Chris is the very definition of expendable.

ORTON/SHEAMUS/SHOW v THE SHIELD

Either Orton turns on Sheamus causing them to lose, or Orton blames Sheamus for the loss and turns on him.

RYBACK v MARK HENRY

This match is only happening so Ryback can pick Mizark up, yes? So he'll win.

ALBERTO DEL RIO v JACK SWAGGER (BIG GOLD BELT)

Del Rio will endure a torrid time in the Patriot Lock but while completely fucked will still find a way to win. ** BONUS PREDICTION ** Ziggler will cash in here and take the belt. That's why he's not winning the tag titles.

TRIPLE H v BROCK LESNAR

It's been built as a revenge match, so I think it would be a bit flat if Hunter didn't actually get his revenge. I just can't imagine him losing a retirement stip match to Lesnar for whatever reason ; I just don't see it being his last match. Moreover rumours persist that WWE are going to try and persuade Shawn into "one last match" against Hunter next year, so I don't imagine they would have Trips lose a retirement stip on the big stage if they would have to plan for him to renege on it within 12 months. Yes, I realize they've had instances of Cena returning 2 weeks after "being fired" in the past, but this is different. This is a serious blood feud match at WrestleMania.

TAKER v CM PUNK

It's 'Mania. Taker.

THE ROCK v JOHN CENA

They've planned it for over a year, Cena looks a chump if he loses again. John Cena is the franchise player, he is going to be WWE Champion again. Endut, Hoch Hech.

And for laughs, what I think they'll sell Mania 30 on :

John Cena VS The Undertaker

The Rock VS Brock Lesnar

CM Punk VS Steve Austin

• Paid Members

I skipped passed the set pics before they loaded. I don't want to be seeing that shit until it's WrestleMania baby. Spoiler tag that shit or i'll be splitting wigs. Because someone's bound to quote it. Seeing the set for the first time as the show opens is all part of the fun for me. I don't care how pathetic this makes me sound (and I might not be being completely serious about tagging) although I would appreciate it. I don't really want to have to avoid this thread now.

I skipped passed the set pics before they loaded. I don't want to be seeing that shit until it's WrestleMania baby. Spoiler tag that shit or i'll be splitting wigs. Because someone's bound to quote it. Seeing the set for the first time as the show opens is all part of the fun for me. I don't care how pathetic this makes me sound (and I might not be being completely serious about tagging) although I would appreciate it. I don't really want to have to avoid this thread now.

Totally agree with this. I wish I hadn't seen them too. Fantastic looking set make no mistake. Just wish I had seen it as they opened the show.

Looks like its that time before the show where I have to switch off the forums and spoiler sites :-)

• Paid Members

Undertaker's got that "just another bloke" vibe about him these days. Seeing him signing autographs looking like Compo off Last of the Summer Wine just doesn't seem like something he should be doing.

BHI8tt-CUAAo0jK.jpg

Speaking of which, Hogan and Bischoff look to be delving into the Skinner and Baddiel market with their latest venture.

re6a2y7a.jpg

• Paid Members

I like seeing photos of the WrestleMania sets being constructed, it really helps to get me excited about it, seeing it all coming together. It's cool to see it in an empty arena in the broad light of day like that, because you know that when the night comes and the stadium's packed and they're going all out with the lights and pyro that it will look completely different and absolutely spectacular. Really impressed with the set this year.

• Paid Members

He's sitting in a hat shaking hands with the fans. Something he was totally against for two decades. Why would he start doing that now, after he's shaved his head and started wearing a shite Shredder outfit? He doesn't look like the supernatural character he's protected for most of his career. He usually wears eyeliner, so "looking like a hardcase" isn't what his character is going for. He was supposed to look like a zombie type. A long haired, pale skinned grim reaper. He reminds me of an old blues singer, now.

Should never have cut his hair.

Archived