DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I walked into the sitting room after reading my daughter Oi! Frog, Oi! Cat, Oi! Dog and Oi! Duck Billed Playpus for bedtime and the missus was engrossed in Terminator 2, which I wasn’t expecting, beca

My poor missus had to put up with me kicking off over the whole debacle when I walked in the door last night after it. The poor woman. She was only about to get into bed and had to deal with a 39 year

Speaking of Jack Lemmon, my brother once worked at the Box Office in The Strand theatre.  Jack Lemmon was performing in a play there, he seemed down to earth but kept himself to himself.  Out of respe

Posted Images

• Paid Members

As usual, I'm not going to put anywhere near the same effort in as Genny, so here's my top 50 for the year:-

https://letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/top-50-2019/

And my Oscars:-

https://letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/steve-gs-oscars-2019/

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

As usual, I'm not going to put anywhere near the same effort in as Genny, so here's my top 50 for the year:-

https://letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/top-50-2019/

I have got to get set up on letterboxd, if for no other reason than to stop my wife making us watch 15 minutes of a film only to decide that I was right and that we had seen it.  Also, it looks a bit sexier than my cinema spreadsheet as I've only been tracking unique cinema viewings this year (although I did count Endgame and Endgame with PS1 Hulk render "bonus" footage as two unique viewings) but nothing on streaming.

As I'm unlikely to see Little Women before 2020 as I'm legit ill (had tickets for tonight :( ) my unique cinema viewings are probably going to cap at 103 for the year.  My film of the year that no one saw was "Luce" which even I only saw as an Unlimited preview because my most convenient local cinema didn't even carry it on release.

• Paid Members

Ghostbusters

Okay, not exactly breaking ground with new films and that, but this one was special. Watched it with a live orchestra and honestly, I’ve never experienced anything like it.

C17D7D53-AA63-4584-9486-DFF7044A151A.thumb.jpeg.189c1dd85294f7eba759ddbc8aa3eb81.jpeg

When we got the tickets we thought it’d be a bit gimmicky but it’s Christmas and we can have a pint and blah blah blah.

But no. This was incredible. I’ve always been a film score nerd (mainly through Hitchcock) but having not seen Ghostbusters for decades I hadn’t realised how good its was. But bloody hell!

The film itself is was just as much fun. Bill Murray being Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd being a daft tit and Slimer being fit as fuck. Sorry, I meant Weaver.

That score, though.

Edited by Frankie Crisp
  • Paid Members
38 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

As I'm unlikely to see Little Women before 2020 as I'm legit ill (had tickets for tonight :( ) my unique cinema viewings are probably going to cap at 103 for the year.  My film of the year that no one saw was "Luce" which even I only saw as an Unlimited preview because my most convenient local cinema didn't even carry it on release.

I did 144 for the year but there's a few limited series and stand up shows in that too. There are a few that are listed as 2018 releases that didn't come out over here until this year (like Under the Silver Lake) that would re-bump the number though.

• Paid Members

Spies in Disguise

The trailer understandably goes all in on the 'Will Smith is a pigeon lol' thing but this is actually far smarter and deeper than I was expecting. And really funny. A great surprise.

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread but here goes.

I've just brought a blu ray player that has internet via a LAN cable only (no WiFi ). Our sky router box is quite a distance from the room where the blu ray player is, so i can't run a cable straight to it. Is there any device that could help with this? 

I've been looking at signal boosters would that help at all

9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Overnight

Not even Jason Schwartzmans fake massive cock could save this load of utter shit. Determined to not let it be the last film I watch this decade. 

Saved the decade by rewatching Raiders Of The Lost Ark with the kids and superbly, the 6 year old had to sleep in my bed due to the face melting. 11/10 as always 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, children of bodom said:

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread but here goes.

I've just brought a blu ray player that has internet via a LAN cable only (no WiFi ). Our sky router box is quite a distance from the room where the blu ray player is, so i can't run a cable straight to it. Is there any device that could help with this? 

I've been looking at signal boosters would that help at all

A signal booster for the wifi? It may be possible that the signal booster may have a LAN connection. Unlikely to be reliable though. Home plugs may be a better option. They would send the signal down your home electrical circuit. As long as the sockets in this room are on the same circuit. It should work.

• neil locked this topic