DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

• Moderators

My daughter's not even allowed to watch tv. I inflicted that garbage only on myself (I don't count my wife as she paid zero attention once we realised it was shit and then eventually left the room) and have only myself to blame.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I walked into the sitting room after reading my daughter Oi! Frog, Oi! Cat, Oi! Dog and Oi! Duck Billed Playpus for bedtime and the missus was engrossed in Terminator 2, which I wasn’t expecting, beca

My poor missus had to put up with me kicking off over the whole debacle when I walked in the door last night after it. The poor woman. She was only about to get into bed and had to deal with a 39 year

Speaking of Jack Lemmon, my brother once worked at the Box Office in The Strand theatre.  Jack Lemmon was performing in a play there, he seemed down to earth but kept himself to himself.  Out of respe

Posted Images

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'd watched Dirty Harry by the time I was 6. Fucking millennials.

I was born between 81 and 96 and I wouldn’t inflict this shit on my brood

I tried with the first one and she sat through Paper Moon and Breakfast at Tiffany's to be fair but you can't force the little fucks to like the stuff you do. It's a miracle if any of the others sit through anything longer than your standard Youtube vlog. I tried them on Christmas Vacation but it went straight over their heads and they probably just wondered why their dad thought everything the sleazy dad who acts like Will Ferrell did was hilarious.

6 Underground was classic Bay. Some bits 4 star, some bits 3 star and a lot of bits 2 star. My favourite bit was when one of the poor blokes fleeing a chemical attack in his fictional country was wearing a Sprite t-shirt. Too long also.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I tried with the first one and she sat through Paper Moon and Breakfast at Tiffany's to be fair but you can't force the little fucks to like the stuff you do. It's a miracle if any of the others sit through anything longer than your standard Youtube vlog. I tried them on Christmas Vacation but it went straight over their heads and they probably just wondered why their dad thought everything the sleazy dad who acts like Will Ferrell did was hilarious.

6 Underground was classic Bay. Some bits 4 star, some bits 3 star and a lot of bits 2 star. My favourite bit was when one of the poor blokes fleeing a chemical attack in his fictional country was wearing a Sprite t-shirt. Too long also.

The film or the T-Shirt?

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I was born between 81 and 96 and I wouldn’t inflict this shit on my brood

I mean, it's only one of the greatest films of the 1970s but you do YOU.

Now I'm feeling the urge to dig out the Dirty Harry DVD set.

Back on what we watched as kids.

I have "fond" memories of the likes of Evil Dead and Superstitions traumatising me. Evil Dead 2 is still the best Evil Dead.

Wasn't Superstitions released multiple times under different names? Sure there was multiple versions cut to varying degrees.

Haven't seen that one in decades though and I'm betting it's actually pretty shit in reality.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Now I'm feeling the urge to dig out the Dirty Harry DVD set.

Don't bother with The Enforcer or Sudden Impact and save youself some time.

• Moderators

Get Santa

Well, that was a lot fucking better, wasn't it? Last day of work for the year, kicked off the festive season with an actually good Christmas film that I've never seen before! Recommended. Jim Broadbent was great.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Paid Members

JoJo Rabbit

This was eagerly anticipated by myself, and I loved it. Quirkiness wasn't overpowering.  Funny, tender, and emotional in many spots.  More Wilderpeople than Ragnarok.

• Paid Members

Hustlers

A bit disappointing, really. Would probably have worked better as a comedy but Jennifer Lopez really is a great actress who has always deserved roles as good as this.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I mean, it's only one of the greatest films of the 1970s but you do YOU.

Oh god no. I meant in reference to Nativity. I have no issues with the Dirty Harry series

12 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Get Santa

Well, that was a lot fucking better, wasn't it? Last day of work for the year, kicked off the festive season with an actually good Christmas film that I've never seen before! Recommended. Jim Broadbent was great.

This is a staple in our house but seems to be under the radar for a lot of folk but it's great fun. Broadbent is on top form and some good appearances by Stephen Graham and Warwick Davis. Even Raph Spall isn't hateable in it.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Hustlers

A bit disappointing, really. Would probably have worked better as a comedy but Jennifer Lopez really is a great actress who has always deserved roles as good as this.

Have to admit it took me a while to come round to this view, but then I saw Out Of Sight. 

• neil locked this topic