Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Cats really was something else and deserves the reputation it already has as a remarkable abomination. I watched it instead of Star Wars because I kept hearing it was "disturbingly sexual".

I spent at least the first 20 minutes just in awe at how wild it was, certainly a 10/10 for being unique and the only thing I actually hated was every second James Corden was in it.

Until you've seen "naked" cat Idris Elba you wouldn't understand man.

8 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Cats really was something else and deserves the reputation it already has as a remarkable abomination. I watched it instead of Star Wars because I kept hearing it was "disturbingly sexual".

I spent at least the first 20 minutes just in awe at how wild it was, certainly a 10/10 for being unique and the only thing I actually hated was every second James Corden was in it.

Until you've seen "naked" cat Idris Elba you wouldn't understand man.

I wonder which version you saw. Apparently Universal has taken a leave out of Take 2's book and released a patch for the film which has improved some of the visual effects and have asked Cinemas to show this newer version instead. I have never heard of a film being patched whilst still being at the cinema, especially during it's first few days of release. Madness

Starter For Ten (2006)

I've seen this numerous times but it was on BBC2 last night and I always try to watch it if I know it's on.  Basic premise is of first year Bristol University student Brian Jackson (played by James McAvoy) joining the University Challenge team and his eventual appearance on the show.  Of course that's not it, there's love interests, turmoil with his original friends from home who he's leaving behind, family problems and issues on his Uni course.  McAvoy and Benedict Cumberbatch (who plays the captain of the Bristol UC team) are both tremendous, while Rebecca Epstein (played by Rebecca Hall), the punky, political female activist, might be my all-time favourite film crush.  There's a nice cameo from John Henshall in it too.  Real feel good film as far as I'm concerned and always makes me nostalgic for my University days. 

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I wonder which version you saw.

I'm going tomorrow and I better get the shit version.  Apparently if you can see Judy Dench's human hand in parts it's the pony version.

Are people just hate watching this or does anyone actually expect it to be good?

51 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are people just hate watching this or does anyone actually expect it to be good?

My daughter and wife genuinely wanted to see it, but I am only going to watch the car crash unfold.

Pride

Solidarity forever! An absolutely wonderful film that I really needed to see after recent events. Paddy Considine is a national treasure.

Private School

An 80s sex comedy that even I couldn't stomach. Lots of tits and Ray Walston looking like he wants to die.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I’m not sure what it is but I think there might be one reason why I want to see it. 

3 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

Starter For Ten

Ha, I happened to catch this last night too. Exactly the right length it needs to be, and warm and cosy to boot. Plus lots of Southend #EssexRepresent

Echo the love shown for Marriage Story.

Adam Driver is actual magic.

Where he's reading the list with his son tore me up.

Won't be watching Cats at the cinema.  The thought of watching a 20 foot high Dame Judy Dench curled up, licking her own arsehole does not work for me.