DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I seem to remember someone round here saying they were a massive fan of Zero Effect (was it you, @Loki?) and after a rewatch last night, I quite agree. I enjoyed this back when I first saw it but I loved it second time round. Probably Bill Pullman's best ever performance and perhaps the best written role he's ever had. An absolute gem.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Gen up question, why is every Netflix film I've ever seen been shit?

Don't know if you'd trust my taste to try any of these but I reckon you'll find a couple of things you like here.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Don't know if you'd trust my taste to try any of these but I reckon you'll find a couple of things you like here.

Cheers mush, yeah I trust your taste on films. Wrestling on the other hand, well, me disliking AEW has kinda turned me heel, I'm on your side now. Say I'm Tatanka 1994, you're Volkoff or Bundy or something.

Think Netflix does the quirky/indie style comedy quite well. Happy Anniversary, Incredible Jessica James, Little Boxes, Tramps, The Fundamentals Of Caring, Okja, 6 Balloons, Private Life to name a few.

Watched The House With A Clock In It’s Walls with the 6 year old earlier. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And Cate Blanchett as well. 

• Paid Members

There's a thriller called the Intruder coming out tomorrow, Dennis Quaid is the "horror" in it so I'm sure it's worth a watch. I wouldn't normally mention a film I haven't seen yet but I've had a nightmare catching these small release films recently even though I have a limitless card, go to the cinema a few times a week and my local is an 8 screen Odeon that shows everything.

• Paid Members

I watched it via 'alternate' means a couple of weeks ago because the missus loves an oul' story like that, but it's fucking awful, Bellers. Really is. It's fucking atrocious and Quaids' shit eating grin - which can be wonderful - is played to almost parody here.

Worth going the Odeon for Nachos and Cheese though. I would - and have - sat through some amount of gik - including, but not limited to, The Greatest Showman - once I had those in front of me.

She liked it though.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Gerard Butler is such a dry bastard, I wouldn't miss him at all if I never saw him in anything ever again.

He’s been stealing a living for years and outside of him shouting with drawn on abs in 300 you’d be hard pressed to find a memorable role from him.