DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Midsommar

Yesterday has Tamwar and you'd swear Big Mo was in this.

Ari Aster spoiler...

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, there's random cock.

Wicker Man vibes with a bubbling uneasy dread rather than relying on jump scares.  I'll never be able to look at IKEA or a Volvo in the same light.

How about 

swedish chef cooking GIF

• Paid Members

Midsommar was the usual 2010s horror film. Slow moving, almost nothing happens, thinks it has depth but has fuck all, SHOCK ENDING. Nah mate.

• Paid Members

We chose Toy Story 4 for my son’s first trip to the cinema. I wasn’t that excited myself since it felt completely unnecessary to make another one, but I absolutely loved it. Watching it with my son gasping at all the dramatic bits and whispering a million questions was incredible and I was a teary wreck by the end. As good, if not better than 3. I’d rank them 1432. I immediately went and bought my son a Forky action figure. Brilliant character.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

We chose Toy Story 4 for my son’s first trip to the cinema. I wasn’t that excited myself since it felt completely unnecessary to make another one, but I absolutely loved it. Watching it with my son gasping at all the dramatic bits and whispering a million questions was incredible and I was a teary wreck by the end. As good, if not better than 3. I’d rank them 1432. I immediately went and bought my son a Forky action figure. Brilliant character.

Similar experience with my daughter. Whilst she’s been a fair few times to the cinema by now, this was the movie at the cinema she most reacted to, and had her first cry (with her old man). Forky was my favourite but she preferred Ducky and Bunny. Off to see it again on Sunday, taking my son this time to an Autism screening, and while I didn’t live it as much as you, I’m really looking forward to seeing it again.

Toy Story 4 was good, but nowhere near as good as 3. It wasn’t as funny as it thought it was either. Kids loved it though and have it as the best one so what do I know?

It goes 3142 for me. Next one is 100% going to be named Toy 5tory isn’t it, which is very shit.

7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The little voice in my head that makes me watch terrible films on Netflix made me watch The Dark Tower tonight. Tower of shite, more like. Awful. I’m going to bed before I accidentally-not-accidentally put The Happytime Murders on. 

Whatever you do resist the urge to put that pile of shit on, I did it last week and it's an hour and a half I'll never get back