DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I really wish Peter Jackson would pull his finger out on making the sequel

Joe Cornish has mentioned on recent Adam Buxton podcasts that he's been working on it. 

I still haven't seen the first Tintin. Is it worth bothering with in 2D? 

Edited by Onyx2

25 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Joe Cornish has mentioned on recent Adam Buxton podcasts that he's been working on it. 

Definitely. I’m a huge fan and I absolutely loved it. In 2D of course. As I’m not a weirdo. 

24 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I'd imagine it's great.  I say it's the best 3d film only because Spielberg makes best use of the gimmick, but it's a wonderful entertaining movie in its own right.  As Gladstone says, 3d is worthless.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I didn't see it in 3D and I loved it. In fact I watched it on a crappy little aeroplane screen and it was still great.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Two things in this thread constantly irritate me; Hannibal's boner for 3D movies/Avatar and this forum's love for Ready Player One.

I can’t help I love my films like I like my everyday life. 3 Dimensional. But don’t get it twisted. I think Avatar as a film is garbage, however it is visually impressive. Just like the remake of The Lion King

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't think anyone has said they love Ready Player One.

There's been plenty of praise for it, so i'm going by that metric. Apart from myself, I don't think anyone has said they actively disliked it. Even if some did, the majority of folk who dig it outweighs those who don't. 

Also, I am cheating a bit by lumping together the reactions to both the book and the film.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I can’t help I love my films like I like my everyday life. 3 Dimensional. But don’t get it twisted. I think Avatar as a film is garbage, however it is visually impressive. Just like the remake of The Lion King

drunk candy GIF by Originals

When I saw Tintin it was a proper event - packed cinema, people wearing Tintin t-shirts, posters everywhere and toy promos in the lobby. It was one of the few times I've felt that sort of Christmassy sort of excitement when going to see a film with the ham and eggers and I kind of wish I'd sported a quiff. I'd read the books as a child, but wasn't particularly enthused about a film version but it turned out to be funny, sweet and great. In 2D. Who wants shapes coming towards them?

• Paid Members

Watched a really odd film called The Wrong Box last night. A black comedy with a brilliant old British cast, and Peter Sellers absolutely killing it again:-