DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

42 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

There's been plenty of praise for it, so i'm going by that metric. Apart from myself, I don't think anyone has said they actively disliked it. Even if some did, the majority of folk who dig it outweighs those who don't. 

Also, I am cheating a bit by lumping together the reactions to both the book and the film.

drunk candy GIF by Originals

I hated it, if that counts?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I never got into Tintin as a kid, and don't think I read a single comic purely because I thought he looked like a boring gimp. Can anyone beat that for snap judgement ignorance? 

I thought the same thing. It always just looked dull and I couldn't be arsed with it. I wouldn't have even watched the film if I wasn't stuck on a plane but I was glad I did.

• Paid Members

I also always got a sense from Tintin that if your teachers found out you were reading it they'd be chuffed. I should give the film a go. I love Joe Cornish.

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

I bloody love Tintin but as a kid I'd always have picked Asterix first. A bequiffed little prick in a sweater vest and plus-fours knocking about with a sea captain wasn't particularly alluring at the time.

Thankfully my mind was changed years back!

• Paid Members

I read all the Asterix and Tintin books when I was a kid. Tintin were really good adventure and crime stories once you got past the uninspiring look of the hero.

• Paid Members

Always preferred Asterix, even now, but Tintin was always fun. In general, the French have a really good tradition of comics, so will shift this over to the Comics thread.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Nonsense. You're obviously a Leave voting bigot who doesn't care to tell Europeans apart. You disgust me!

BELEEVE IN BRITTON, REMONER