DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Hobbs and Shaw. Been looking forward to it for months. When it’s good, it’s really good. But it’s over long,

The cameos more then out stay their welcome

worth a watch but can’t help but feel the trailers were better then the end product 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Yeah, by about an hour.  Laughably OTT action, which I was expecting, but what I thought was approaching the end felt fresh.  Then I looked at my watch and realised that there was another hour+ to go.

The F&F tie in felt entirely superfluous.  People would still flock to a Rock and Stath film even without the promise of doughnuts in a supermarket car park.

I think I that was the time I thought it was the go home as well and realised where we were in the world. David Leitch is a fucking shit director. No wonder he wasn’t credited on John Wick, because he probably didn’t direct any of it. Atomic Blonde was good but flawed, Deadpool 2 was fucking awful, and this was better but  he should go back to stunt work at this point

MV5BYjVmY2FkMjUtMWZkNS00OGMzLWE4MGYtOWRh

R.I.P Rutger.

Will be forever be a classic and he just owns the role of John Ryder. Thomas Howell also deserves credit too as the poor victim Ryder toys with throughout and you really feel for him and you want him to survive. But at the same time, the chase is just so compelling and tense to watch. "Welcome to Shitsville".

Legend.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Deadpool 2 was fucking awful

I really liked it. Was a nice break from the standard MCU Joss Whedon-style humour, while still retaining good action, and Zazie Beetz.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I really liked it. Was a nice break from the standard MCU Joss Whedon-style humour, while still retaining good action, and Zazie Beetz.

She was by far the best thing in it. But awful CGI, Eddie Marsden and a shit script which made the whole plot of the film completely redundant by the last scene meant it was a waste. Not a patch on the first by a long stretch.

Hobbs and Shaw Spoiler

But if you loved Ryan Reynolds’ humour in DP2, you’ll enjoy him in this

Hobbs & Shaw

Very long and some awful forced dialogue with the back and forth insults between Hobbs and Shaw. Cut half an hour from this and this a decent/enjoyable action flick.

@Devon Malcolm What do you make of the Light Cinema in Stockport?

I think It's a nice place ruined by some dirty shitarses. It isn't hard to clean up after yourself afterwards or at least wipe your shoes off properly before entering.

Edited by Rule One
Spoiler tags didn't work! WTF?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Rule One said:

@Devon Malcolm What do you make of the Light Cinema in Stockport?

I think It's a nice place ruined by some dirty shitarses. It isn't hard to clean up after yourself afterwards or at least wipe your shoes off properly before entering.

I'm a fan, I have to say. I don't go that often because it's double what I can pay at the Odeon and Vue in Manchester, but I go maybe once a month and I think the screens are really nicely done and the seats are great. Big fan of them stocking Lord of the Pies as well.

But yeah, it is slightly spoiled by the knobhead quota that uses it, especially at weekends.