DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Finally watched Good Time last night, and while I think the film has it's problems Robert Pattinson is sensational, just effortless in being this absolute scumbag (Or does he just really love his brother?). Weirdly, once he died his hair I started to get a slight CM Punk vibe off him, just in his mannerisms, which I'm sure is a strange coincidence. Another cracking recommendation from this thread. 

• Paid Members

You obviously didn't get the recommendation from me, I hated it!

Just saw Game Night and it was really good. A couple of obvious twists but really funny and worth seeing. Rachel McAdams is fantastic.

• Paid Members

I saw Game Night last night and prepared myself for it being a typical over the top modern American Comedy with too much action and peril. With that in mind I really enjoyed it, they stuffed in loads of jokes and even the smallest characters had funny hooks about them. The cop neighbour was brilliant and the stupid blond guy from the group was a stand out for me too. Rachel McAdams was great, I've always liked her and she was a fun lively character in her own right, not just an underwritten nag disapproving of her boyfriend's wacky adventure which was nice.

I'm a bit over Jason Bateman though, I know the lead in comedies is normally the straight guy with funny mates but he's a bit too boring and he's always identical, I wouldn't want to hang out with any of his characters in real life

I watched Veronica on Netflix over the weekend after hearing all of the “scariest movie ever” bollocks. It really isn’t all that scary and so outdated it wouldn’t be out of place being released back in the early 2000s

I watched Wild At Heart again last night and I still don't care for it all that much, I love Lynch and the dreamlike feeling a lot of his work has but this is just an excuse to see Laura Dern shagging a whole bunch. His weakest film but it's fun watching Twin Peaks actors cast in odd little parts and less said about Nic Cage the better.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I thought Coco was the better film and it repeatedly kicked me in the feels but nothing will ever top Bing Bong.

Oh, good god, no. Inside Out, and especially Bing Bong, wrecked me. Beautiful film. Haven't seen Coco yet, but looking forward to when I do. Disney's never really done much for me overall, but Pixar's pretty much hooked me every time.

Ingrid Goes West

Love me a bit of Aubrey Plaza, so I've been waiting to watch this for a while. 

It went a bit flat in parts, but overall,  really enjoyable. I felt very sorry for her in the end, and I genuinely hated every other character apart from Dan. 

I get the feeling Aubrey Plaza toned it down a bit for this. Probably a good call. She was just the right amount of crazy.