DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Yeah, in a phrase, "overwhelmingly black".

It's the same bollocks being spouted by alt-righters over the Black Lightning series, which isn't brilliant, but I watch out of sheer bloody-mindedness.

EDIT: I want to make it clear I was making the "Racist" comment in jest at Branquety-branque, and am not saying he's one of those alt-righters.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Ah lads, I'm a man who has a poster of Dolemite on his door, Graham Central Station on my gym wall and a Keenan Ivory Wayans postcard in his wardrobe, and also, Grace Jones was my first crush to the point where I cut a hole in the pelvic region of my teddy bear and just had a crack on it before I even knew what was what about things of that nature.

I just didn't like Black Panther. I don't like the character for some reason. 

But I'm excited for Spawn.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Ah lads, I'm a man who has a poster of Dolemite on his door, Graham Central Station on my gym wall and a Keenan Ivory Wayans postcard in his wardrobe, and also, Grace Jones was my first crush to the point where I cut a hole in the pelvic region of my teddy bear and just had a crack on it before I even knew what was what about things of that nature.

Oh I know - was just going for a stupid gag. 

Was discussing Dolemite with our @Sergio Mendacious the other day. Loved the whole speeding up of fight scenes to try and make them look like dynamic martial arts scenes.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Reveal hidden contents

The mid-credit scene at the UN.

What bits?

parts of the car chase and the fight with Creed in the mine stood out

I just didn't like it. Like Goodfellas and The Fellowship of the Ring before It, I'm just that one awkward, negative cunt.

43 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Was that the teddy bears new name after you defiled it?

I watched Coco the other day. I really enjoyed it but then some bastard opened a window and the wind caught my eyes and made them stream right at the end and I could barely see what was happening.

Black Panther- Is almost the perfect film to keep most groups happy, Black characters are strong and dominant and so are Woman bring equal with little signs of white folk getting in the way or overshadowing, but I enjoyed it, doesn't add anything to infinity wars but still a solid addition to mcu.

Kilmonger was a great character but he had enough reasons for going after the throne/panther without adding the raciest 'my people are held back' kinda stuff which I don't think was the right message to send in what should be a superhero film.

All the tech they had was amazing and now wakanda is exposed I wonder if the power and tech they have is one reason Thanos finally comes to earth, either way it creates a lot of intrique for mcu post Infinity Wars 1&2 when Panther 2 etc comes out and move on without some of the main characters.

28 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Watched Darkest Hour last night. Fantastic film. Gary Oldman's performance is terrific. I seemed to switch between two states watching him- either being so drawn in I forgot it was Gary Oldman I was watching or thinking "Is that wobbly chin real or stuck on".

I think I'm the only person who didn't enjoy that film. I thought it was hammy and dull personally.