DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm probably going to have to rewatch shitty Prometheus because I don't remember anything about it and I'm worried I'll be lost with Covenant.

I'm warming to watching it though because it looks more like a straightforward horror-thriller than whatever the fuck he was attempting with Prometheus. Plus he regained some good faith with The Martian.

Speaking of theatrical releases being a mess. I recently discovered that The Crow: City of Angels was originally almost three hours long (160 minutes I think) but the studio ordered massive cuts/edits, resulting in a much different movie.

Would love to see the original version (never happening obviously) but I can see why the studio shit the bed.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Which was that, the second one? Never tried any of The Crow sequels, I don't mind the first film and I like the book. Are the sequels much cop? Or not worth bothering with 

The one where Edward Furlong is the Crow, the villains are a Satanic biker gang consisting of Dennis Hopper, Angel from Buffy, Tara Reid, the bad guy from Karate Kid 2, and Tito Ortiz. You decide.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

Forgot just how amazing Rita, Sue and Bob Too is. Piss funny. And the opening song is ace too. The shot of Bob jumping onto the bed at the end is hilarious. The frozen sausage line is still pant pissing as well.

"GO ON! TELL HIM!! UP THE IRA!!!!"

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The one where Edward Furlong is the Crow, the villains are a Satanic biker gang consisting of Dennis Hopper, Angel from Buffy, Tara Reid, the bad guy from Karate Kid 2, and Tito Ortiz. You decide.

I didn't even manage twenty minutes of that, and I'll gladly watch all manner of shite.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Forgot just how amazing Rita, Sue and Bob Too is. Piss funny. And the opening song is ace too. The shot of Bob jumping onto the bed at the end is hilarious. The frozen sausage line is still pant pissing as well.

"GO ON! TELL HIM!! UP THE IRA!!!!"

It's one of those films we have to watch when it's on.  From George Costigans slimy as hell Bob to Sue's amazing Dad, who is not in it enough it's just a classic.

It's great and it feels like a proper British film and not some poor imitation of a Hollywood film that we tend to get a lot of these days. It's completely of its time but keeps its appeal. We might not make action films or major blockbusters as well as other nations but no one does sex comedies like us!

16 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

That's Wicked Prayer, not City of Angels. They're both fucking terrible. 

• Paid Members
On 5/2/2017 at 11:03 PM, Thunderplex said:

It's one of those films we have to watch when it's on.  From George Costigans slimy as hell Bob to Sue's amazing Dad, who is not in it enough it's just a classic.

It's a great film. Kind of teetering on the dodgy subject matter now though. Doubt it would be made now.

Butch was talking about the soundtrack. Michael Kamen did the soundtrack to "Rita and Sue...". He ended up doing the soundtrack to the Bond film "Licence to Kill" and sadly passed away a few years ago now.

• Paid Members

Alien: Covenant features Danny McBride as a cowboy hat wearing pilot called Tennessee and that should tell you everything you need to know about that film.