DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

On 02/05/2017 at 9:41 PM, PowerButchi said:

Forgot just how amazing Rita, Sue and Bob Too is. Piss funny. And the opening song is ace too. The shot of Bob jumping onto the bed at the end is hilarious. The frozen sausage line is still pant pissing as well.

"GO ON! TELL HIM!! UP THE IRA!!!!"

We're having a gangbang......

i thought i were great......

i've done some things......

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I love James Franco so much I recently watched romantic "comedy" Why Him? Which was surprisingly held together by big James. He's a beautiful man and makes any piece of shit watchable. 

Definitely go gay for him.

It was perfectly watchable but nearly instantly forgettable. Good cast, average script. Plus

Terrible Kiss cameo

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I went to see Alien: Covenant this evening. Sadly coming out of it, similar to all the Terminator films post T2, it just felt like a hollow cash in on the good will of the first two classics. There are moments that are entertaining, moments that are pretty rotten. Overall it's another bit of a shitter from Ridley.

There is an moment a quarter in where one of the characters goes "It doesn't make any sense" (or something very similar), which was hilarious at the time, because Prometheus didn't try to, and the first 1/4 was all over the shop, it's even more hilarious after the fact because some of the ham-fisted explaining is woeful.

Better than Prometheus, though. Mainly because it's more camp and daft.

Not long got back from Guardians 2. And it's probably my favourite Marvel universe movie.

Just so much fun and a great balance between humour and emotion. The whole cast is just great.

Edit.

Ah bollocks. Forget about the comic movie thread, sorry guys.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Saw Alien:Covenant this afternoon. The last act was fairly decent, but it took a long time to get going and you can see the ending coming an absolute mile away. Nowhere near the first two films but then again nothing properly ever will come close to those. Its hardly you worst thing you'll ever see, but i doubt I would ever watch it again. 6/10 for a decent third act 

• Paid Members

I'm seeing Alien Covenant on Thursday. Should I watch Prometheus before? I really don't fancy it based off the astonishingly bad reviews but will if it matters to Covenant.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DEF said:

I'm seeing Alien Covenant on Thursday. Should I watch Prometheus before? I really don't fancy it based off the astonishingly bad reviews but will if it matters to Covenant.

I'd say it's pretty important to see it first. It will probably put you off seeing Covenant because it's so awful though.

• Paid Members

Rightio lads, looks like I'll just have to get on with it and rent Prometheus. Thanks for the feedback.

Last week I polished off the Criterion blu-ray set of the 1950's Musashi Miyamoto Samurai Trilogy. If you like Samurai films these are must see. As restorations go I've seen more remarkable ones but they are beautifully shot films. If you're not taken by the first film don't let it put you off. The second is where it really kicks into full Samurai gear, where as the first does a good job of an origin story.

I also rewatched Father's Day. Still a remarkable film for it's tiny budget. Totally not for most people. It is a Troma film after all. But it's up there with Lloyd's best with a fraction of even his budgets. Those Astron 6 guys are miracle workers.

EDIT - Turns out Prometheus is only 50p more to buy it on amazon instant. It's gotta be worth £3.99 in HD. 

Edited by DEF