DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

"I did not hit her, its not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit her, I did noooot...", 32 takes, and that was the best one
Is it the Citizen Kane of bad movies? Was the one cinema that showed it right to offer no refunds and claim "seeing this film is like getting stabbed in the head"? Let's find out

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

"I did not hit her, its not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit her, I did noooot...", 32 takes, and that was the best one
Is it the Citizen Kane of bad movies? Was the one cinema that showed it right to offer no refunds and claim "seeing this film is like getting stabbed in the head"? Let's find out

It's so bad. Don't want to commit a forum no no and cross into on topic but OSW review of The Room is genuinely one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Theres a documentary and a book as well that's worth checking out as well I think.

Oh and peer pressure has meant The Burbs has gone on...forgot how good it is...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Just had a look. December. Great news, I fancy the absolute pants off Franco, the sexy fucker

Rave reviews from a screening at SXSW and a release pushed back to Oscar Season sounds promising 

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the new The Mummy, the film was fun but the mummy herself was brilliant, I enjoyed every moment she was on screen and she's definitely toppled  Wonder Woman as my middle eastern, blockbuster movie title character crush of the summer. Russel Crowe was terrible in it, I couldn't believe how fat he was and he was easily the worst thing in the film.

3 hours ago, Call me Bellend said:

I really enjoyed the new The Mummy, the film was fun but the mummy herself was brilliant, I enjoyed every moment she was on screen and she's definitely toppled  Wonder Woman as my middle eastern, blockbuster movie title character crush of the summer. Russel Crowe was terrible in it, I couldn't believe how fat he was and he was easily the worst thing in the film.

I went to see The Mummy yesterday and while it is nowhere near as bad as I have seen some saying it is, it is not all that good either really. The main cast are fine (even if Boutella and Crowe are not given too much to work with), but Cruise does feel miscast and Cruise and Wallis have little-to-no chemistry together on screen. The action scenes are pretty good but nothing too impressive, and it all just feels like a missed opportunity to make a memorable or even worthwhile film to start the Universal Dark Universe. It's a perfectly watchable 90-minutes, and there have been much worse films in the same genre like Dracula Untold and I, Frankenstein, but you feel the film could and should have been better, and needed to be much more entertaining than it ended up being.

• Paid Members

Dracula Untold was supposed to be the relaunch of the Universal monsters films. They're now ignoring that, due to its poor reception, and using this to launch a totally unneeded shared universe for the characters.