DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well, The Mummy was shit, further confirming that Steve Bellend's taste cannot be trusted on any level.

Were you at least happy with how fat and terrible Russel Crowe was?

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

I saw Baby Driver on Monday night and it really blew me away. Easily the best film i've seen this year (although Wonder Woman and The Mummy are at 2 and 3 so don't take my word for it!). Anyway the highlight for me was the soundtrack, which I have had on repeat ever since I got back from the cinema. I've never really taken much notice of soundtracks before, what other films have an ace soundtrack that I should track down?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, waters44 said:

I saw Baby Driver on Monday night and it really blew me away. Easily the best film i've seen this year (although Wonder Woman and The Mummy are at 2 and 3 so don't take my word for it!). Anyway the highlight for me was the soundtrack, which I have had on repeat ever since I got back from the cinema. I've never really taken much notice of soundtracks before, what other films have an ace soundtrack that I should track down?

Agree with you (but not your top 3). Baby Driver was a delight and I hope it does really well for Edgar after Scott Pilgrim and the Ant Man debacle. I dont know what my top 3 of the year would be. I really liked Kong, Ghost in the Shell and GOTG2. WW, F&F 8 were disapointments and not seen The Mummy yet but will catch it at some point

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Nice, thanks

14 minutes ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Agree with you (but not your top 3). Baby Driver was a delight and I hope it does really well for Edgar after Scott Pilgrim and the Ant Man debacle. I dont know what my top 3 of the year would be. I really liked Kong, Ghost in the Shell and GOTG2. WW, F&F 8 were disapointments and not seen The Mummy yet but will catch it at some point

I think I'm the only person on the planet who loved The Mummy! What was the Ant Man debacle you mention?

3 hours ago, waters44 said:

The answer is Edgar Wright's other films.

Scott Pilgrim is the top of my list music-wise (haven't seen/heard Baby Driver yet) followed by The World's End. Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz soundtracks aren't bad either.

• Paid Members

Has nobody on here seen Get Out or The Lego Batman Movie ffs?

I have to say I'm not looking forward to Baby Driver at all. Something about the way it looks on the trailer really grates on me, and I'm not a hater of Edgar Wright at all. Hope I'm wrong.

• Paid Members

I watched After the Storm, on Sunday. I intentionally went in not knowing too much about it, but, annoyingly, the person selling the tickets wanted a conversation and decided to give me a passionate outline of the film.

Anyway, it's a really well done film. It's illusion of simplicity is what makes it so good, and why it works so well, with regards to the message and story it looks to tell about old life.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Has nobody on here seen Get Out or The Lego Batman Movie ffs?

I have to say I'm not looking forward to Baby Driver at all. Something about the way it looks on the trailer really grates on me, and I'm not a hater of Edgar Wright at all. Hope I'm wrong.

I was a little disappointed with Lego. I think my expectation after the first one and the trailers were so high I was underwhelmed. The kids didn't care much for it but watching it again I realised it's very good. 

Get out was excellent and you are right that that would make my top 3. 

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, waters44 said:

Nice, thanks

I think I'm the only person on the planet who loved The Mummy! What was the Ant Man debacle you mention?

Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish were working on Ant-Man for years, even pre Iron Man. I think his take was too Edgar Wright, and fearing Guardians was going to flop, asked him to step aside, 6 weeks before shooting (he shot a SDCC teaser trailer a year or so before). They had to draft in a new director but believe some of his script was still used. Either way, Ant-Man feels rough to me