DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, lanky316 said:

Loose anecdotal evidence but a friend of mines family drove her out to the one in Milton Keynes to see one of the Marvel films and she said she felt more beaten up than the time some of the bullies in her class took advantage of a ruck playing rugby in PE to lay the boot in. There's very little to her so suspect she's feeling more force than most would in those seats but we've not investigated anything else since. 

We saw The Force Awakens in 4DX and I really enjoyed all the gimmicks, but my mrs made similar comments about feeling beaten up afterwards. The chairs do shudder quite a bit. I'd say it's worth doing once for a major action blockbuster like Star Wars, but I wouldn't bother again unless it was a lot cheaper.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Watched The Dream Team (1989) for the first time in ages. Fantastic cast. Michael Keaton is fucking dynamic in this. Young Keaton is fucking tremendous.

Yeah! One of the great underrated 80s comedies, that. The cast is great too. It's been good to see Keaton getting high profile roles again recently as well.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah! One of the great underrated 80s comedies, that. The cast is great too. It's been good to see Keaton getting high profile roles again recently as well.

was Keaton blackballed or something? He disappeared for years. Resurfaced for Herbie and White noise around 2005 ish and then seemed to disappear again until Birdman. Always quite liked him

• Paid Members
On 23/03/2017 at 11:48 AM, Guy Bifkin said:

Hell or High Water is the best film I've seen in a long long time. 

I was just flicking back through this thread and noticed this and thought the same. It really didn't get enough love I don't think. The most I've enjoyed a film released in the past few years anyway.

• Paid Members
On 4/12/2017 at 0:27 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

"The Dream Team". I thought it was very sad too, especially with Christopher Lloyd's family situation. Great little sad comedy there. My dad was mentally ill (RIP) and he had to go on trips like Keaton's mob did and they often turned out that way supposedly.

Keaton turning up in that rubbish Scottish football movie "A Shot at Glory" was a big "what the fuck!?!?" moment for me. When I seen that, I thought "blackballed".

Edited by bAzTNM#1

11 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

I honestly think F&F8 (or the Fate of The Furious as it's known in some parts of the world) may have jumped the shark for the franchise. Has some good bits but overall it outstayed its welcome 

I think I might be taking the boy child to see it at the weekend but I'm still not even sure why they needed to make an eighth, other than it being a guaranteed money earner. Seven seemed like a logical conclusion and didn't seem like it was setting up or even needed a sequel.

• Paid Members

Of course it did. The introduction of Kurt Russell's character plus the fate of Statham's character at the end of the 7th obviously made it open for another film, not including audience intrigue about where the series would go now that Walker has carked it. Plenty of room for an 8th.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I think I might be taking the boy child to see it at the weekend but I'm still not even sure why they needed to make an eighth, other than it being a guaranteed money earner. Seven seemed like a logical conclusion and didn't seem like it was setting up or even needed a sequel.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Of course it did. The introduction of Kurt Russell's character plus the fate of Statham's character at the end of the 7th obviously made it open for another film, not including audience intrigue about where the series would go now that Walker has carked it. Plenty of room for an 8th.

Plus this is the start of a new Trilogy (as 9 and 10 were agreed at the time of 8 being announced)

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, FattHardy said:

I saw the latest episode last night. 

Very good! Rocky is brilliant in it. As too is Statham. 

Don't go in expecting it to be modest and quiet. It's not. But it's a bloody good film.

I'd say anyone thinking this must have been living under a fucking rock. The title of the movie is a slight giveaway too.