I feel like the agents who put together the matches are far less experienced than WWE's, if they even have agents in Impact. It's all so indy style I kinda feel the wrestlers are throwing it together on the fly or just aren't putting any effort in, despite the fact they claim they are.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bram has been released from his contracts

Lets not downplay this. Top work.

Impact really is the shits these days. Reading through a list of people getting released left, right and centre. Why does it even still exist? How can Anthem think there is still money to be had from having it open? It is mindboggling.

• Paid Members

What's the appeal in Impact/TNA these days? They always had two selling points as an alternative to WWE: the first being that the in-ring action was supposedly superior to WWE and the second being that you had decent former WWE and Indy guys that couldn't get a job at Stamford for whatever reason turn up. The in-ring product is now vastly inferior to WWE and nobody of note goes there anymore, instead opting for RoH and/or New Japan.

It's nothing more than a mediocre US Indy show that happens to have a tv deal.

• Paid Members

Well arguably there isn’t any appeal, if they are paying for crowds.

The most they have for me is intrigue. I love popping in here and reading how fucking nuts it all is. I’d pay to watch a well researched/behind the scenes documentary regarding the rise fall of TNA. Granted WCW fell from a mountain and TNA tripped off a curb, but still. It’s fascinating how absolutely fucking insane the whole company has been... and they are still broadcasting.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

They should just sack off a crowd altogether and change the hard cam. Just use stock footage of ‘good crowds’ but from other sporting events to mix it up a bit, like darts... now there’s a crowd. No more embarrassing than it being publically known that you’re paying a shit load of money to a pretend crowd.. and it’s cheaper.

ahh man, they literally can’t give away tickets for free.. fucking hell.

But alas, they’ll still be around in 2025 owned by Gallows and Anderson with partnership interest from Rick Waller.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

It is absolutely astonishing that they stay in business. There was a point in time when I was working hotel shows in Jersey that were drawing a bigger paying audience than TNA house shows in sodding baseball stadiums, yet they're still ostensibly the second biggest promotion in the United States?

I look through their roster now, and it's like looking in a time warp, or like TNA just exist in their own self-contained bubble - you've got the WWE cast-offs and yesterday's men like Alberto Del Rio, Lashley and Johnny Nitro, but then you've got the likes of LAX, Mayweather, Petey Williams, Homicide...they're worse than WWE cast-offs, they're TNA cast-offs, because when Jarrett came back it was like he pressed the reset button and dialled the roster back six years.

Then below that? The rest of the roster seems to be people I've never bloody heard of. I look on their Wikipedia entry and their career history starts with "signed with TNA". Nothing wrong with making your own stars or making something of a relative unknown, but there's a whole world of hot prospects and much-hyped independent talent out there, and either TNA are utterly oblivious to it, or that talent has no interest in signing with the second-biggest promotion in the country, and with TV and PPV coverage. Neither is a ringing endorsement for TNA.

• Paid Members

This week's Wrestling Observer news sheet is reporting that Spud had problems with his work visa due to an error made when Dixie Carter was still the main owner of TNA. Anthem spent the best part of $20,000 in legal fees to get everything sorted so Spud could return to the USA. Two weeks after arriving back into the country, he requested his release. :ninja: