I had watched TNA back from when it was on a big delay on TWC, through all the thick and thin, and gave up on it recently with the last "reboot".

I try and keep up with the spoilers, just to see what a mess they're making of things, and sure enough BFG sounds like typical TNA.  I really don't know how / why it keeps going as it jut seems to lurch from one disaster to another, and the TV offering suffers from the way they record so much ahead of time, and yet still feels like an incoherent mess half the time.

The biggest problem was that when they were getting it right much of the time, no-one was tuning in to see it.  There was a year or two of good TV, well developed storylines and characters, and sensible booking - and yet as they'd destroyed so much goodwill beforehand, no-one gave a toss.

Sell the Broken Universe and video library to Vince (if he's still interested in either), and just be done with it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FourtyTwo said:

The biggest problem was that when they were getting it right much of the time, no-one was tuning in to see it.  There was a year or two of good TV, well developed storylines and characters, and sensible booking - and yet as they'd destroyed so much goodwill beforehand, no-one gave a toss.

Sell the Broken Universe and video library to Vince (if he's still interested in either), and just be done with it.

What I've really noticed over recent months is that mud really sticks doesn't it? 

In any argument/debate online, someone will bring up late pay, even though I don't think its been an issue at all since Anthem took over.

Sadly for TNA, and rightly or wrongly (as in life) anything negative they do is blown up whereas anything positive is largely hidden among their small fanbase. This is just the latest example. 

This weekend, for the first time, I'm starting to think it may be time to give it all up.

I get no pleasure in saying that, seeing as Impact is the only show I watch on an even remotely regular basis. But there are too many people out there now who will never give it another chance, that's the bottom line. You can't run a company if the potential audience doesn't want to know.

I could see Scott D'amore etc be more willing to sell to New Japan than Vince though. Fuck em.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

What I've really noticed over recent months is that mud really sticks doesn't it? 

In any argument/debate online, someone will bring up late pay, even though I don't think its been an issue at all since Anthem took over.

Sadly for TNA, and rightly or wrongly (as in life) anything negative they do is blown up whereas anything positive is largely hidden among their small fanbase. This is just the latest example. 

This weekend, for the first time, I'm starting to think it may be time to give it all up.

I get no pleasure in saying that, seeing as Impact is the only show I watch on an even remotely regular basis. But there are too many people out there now who will never give it another chance, that's the bottom line. You can't run a company if the potential audience doesn't want to know.

I could see Scott D'amore etc be more willing to sell to New Japan than Vince though. Fuck em.

It's not just what they've been doing, though - it's how frequently and inevitably they've done it. They've been given so many chances, there are only so many you get before people fuck you off, especially when your highs, while good, haven't ever made up for your lows.

New Japan buying them wouldn't be bad, with their own franchise - "New America Pro Wrestling" has a ring to it, I guess. Replace the lion with an eagle; it's not too far a jump from Anthem's owl.

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

That's exactly where I got to a few months back - it was the only thing I was watching regularly, but they just reverted to typical TNA style and started messing things up all over the place.

Do I miss not watching wrestling?  Yes.  Do I miss not watching TNA?  Not at all, going on how it was last time I watched, and BFG sounds like more of the same!

15 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Hmmm. Watching Bound for Glory on 5Spike  and thus far it seems, well, clumsy at best.

Like most action on Impact then. I can't watch this shit anymore.

Gash PPV.

Edited by Philjax
Gash.