• Paid Members

Wait a minute - didn't they just re-brand to GFW? Are they going back to being Impact/TNA? If so, what a fucking mess.

1 hour ago, Winston said:

Should've been rehired by WWE a long time ago. He's fantastic.

I thought it was something to do with injuries that they won't hire him back?

13 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Wait a minute - didn't they just re-brand to GFW? Are they going back to being Impact/TNA? If so, what a fucking mess.

Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions LLC (who themselves are an arm of Anthem Sports & Entertainment) is the operating company that owns them, but the official trading name is still Impact Wrestling. Jarrett sold/conned them into buying the GFW stuff (namely the few GFW shows that were recorded but never broadcast along with the GFW belts and some trademarks) to Anthem in June and they then incorporated  those into the show

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

So what does that mean in terms of what the fans see? Have they already had a few "Amped" shows and shown the belts on screen? In which case, does that mean they're going to be switching back to "iMPACT" and the old belts?

Sorry for all the questions, but this whole situation has been confusing for a while now, and this new development seems to have confused things further.

Until they have Bound For Glory in a couple of weeks, everything has already been taped. I would imagine that they'll just hit the reset button again at the tapings afterwards and hope that people just go with it. Nothing they do seems to matter, in the US they've been floating around the 300k viewer mark all year, so while they didn't lose any substantial number of viewers when they finally ditched TNA, they're not making any new ones either. They've got a set number of fans that will watch it regardless seemingly out of blind loyalty

I think the Amped shows are done with now, there wasn't many of them to begin with.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Saw Spud had quietly left last night. I'll never forget going to Jokers Wild II in Birmingham and him stealing the show with his antics with Bully Ray and Earl Hebner bodyslamming him. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in person. I'm sure he'll find work no problem. He was utterly brilliant that night.