2 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

It has to be in London. You can't put vidoes and graphics out with the branding and then not have it there.

PWInsider also reported the Network was live the other day when it clearly wasn't, and then a day later blamed it on "reports". They've been making up a lot of stories recently, so probably ignore them for a while.

They have also issued graphics/videos with the stars and stripes and Indian flags... 

• Paid Members

Impact used to do better numbers than Raw & Smackdown when it was on Challenge, didn;t it? Of course it's the whole free TV vs the ridiculous cost of Sky Sports thing, but I remember them not doing too badly. The shows I went to at the MEN were sold out, but that was years ago and I think the one during the Aces & Eights angle may have been the death knell.

13 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

It has to be in London. You can't put vidoes and graphics out with the branding and then not have it there.

The problem you have there is you are applying simple logic to TNA. They have done a lot of good/decent stuff in their time, but basic logic isn't one of them. 

I tried watching TNA / GFW / whatever it's called for the first time in a long time last night - I think the last time I watched TNA AJ Styles was in it.

Couldn't help thinking the whole show just looked cheap. I gave up just after a Jim Cornette / Bobby Lashley office segment that made no sense (Cornette agreeing to release his biggest star if he met Moose in the ring? What?). Lashley looked massive, but his gang of guys behind him just looked awful. Do any of them wrestle? Or are they just supposed to be his MMA trainers?

I'm guessing there's no drug testing? There's no way EC3 or Braxton Sutter could look that ripped without chemical assistance. The other guys, shipped in from AAA looked like they were straight out of the 1980s. And what's the deal with the 3 minute rounds in the EC3 match, some kind of homage to WoS, but it just didn't work for me at all, especially with the judges scoring at ringside. Does it generally work as a format?

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The shows I went to at the MEN were sold out, but that was years ago

And large portions of the arena were curtained off. They put about 5000 in the MEN when we were going.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Dynamite Duane said:

Watched GFW Amped also, that seems to be several months to a year old (?)

The Amped stuff was taped in October 2015, intended to be the pilot episodes for their own TV show.

But it never officially saw the light of day until Jeff finally got to make GFW the new skin for TNA (which I've always thought was his plan from day 1) when they've shown it as "anthologies" in the old TNA One Night Only ppv slots.

It doesn't fit into the current GFW 'continuity', it's just using archive material to meet contractual obligations on the cheap.

I've been gradually catching up on the past several months of this thread, as I hardly ever dip into the show these days and just follow it through here, and I just wanted to pick up on a discussion a few pages back about the name Johnny Impact.

It's not the greatest name, but in its defence, it allowed me to quickly figure out who it referred to without a visual aid. If I'd read that Johnny Mundo was on the roster now, I'd be at a total loss and wouldn't care. But as soon as I saw "Johnny Impact," I had an inkling. Still didn't much care, but that's beside the point.

On the UK tours I hope they bill him as John Sainsbury.