• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

In todays news, they've announced (Rather than Satin saing they were in talks yesterday) iMPACT is heading back on TV in Germany.

Account details are setup using "GFW" and not iMPACT.

Personally I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz. Even with limited access to English language programs I'm not running for that. 

18 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They also seem shocked that Jeff is trying to prevent them from getting involved with the wrestling side of things... After Dixie I wouldn't expect anything else. Like most businesses, the money people just need to find someone who knows what they are doing and stay out of it. I wouldn't open a restaurant and tell the head chef what to do, because I do stuff like putting last nights pizza in the toaster to heat it back up. 

With the information available at the moment I'm totally behind Jeff on this one 

The trouble is that with wrestling, there isn't really anyone who has a track record of knowing what they're doing, other than Vince McMahon. Everyone else that has run a wrestling company in the post-territory days has driven the company into the ground after about a decade, maybe sooner. The only reason Dixie was ever running a wrestling company in the first place was because Jeff and his dad didn't have a clue and were going out of business about two months after starting TNA.

At this point are there many people other than Jeff and Eric Bischoff who have the experience? And either of them, any company would be right to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

The trouble is that with wrestling, there isn't really anyone who has a track record of knowing what they're doing, other than Vince McMahon. Everyone else that has run a wrestling company in the post-territory days has driven the company into the ground after about a decade, maybe sooner. The only reason Dixie was ever running a wrestling company in the first place was because Jeff and his dad didn't have a clue and were going out of business about two months after starting TNA.

At this point are there many people other than Jeff and Eric Bischoff who have the experience? And either of them, any company would be right to keep an eye on.

I agree with you on that, which kind of makes Anthem look like idiots for buying a wrestling company with no legit prospects who could turn the ship around. With WWE snapping up every decent independent wrestler, they need a creative genius at the wheel 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I would argue it's more that there are people with a track record of knowing what they're doing, but that they only know the narrow scope of what they're doing, which isn't enough to run a whole promotion by themselves in this day and age. One of Vince's biggest strengths, I think, was the insight and vision to recognise there had to be delegated responsibilities, and to pick the right people for those jobs, hence why he chose JR for Talent Relations and so on. All those companies you refer to that ran themselves into the ground seemingly did so either because, as you say, there were those who didn't know what they were doing, or, in ECW's or SMW's cases, they were being run by people who were good at booking and promoting, but not much else, and they were trying to do all of it by themselves.

Jarrett's not bad at it, but he seems to have a habit of bringing in people that cause problems, such as Bob Ryder, the Harris twins, Russo, etc. I honestly thought it was one of the stupidest moves in the history of TNA that, when JR was available, they didn't want to give him the Talent Relations job he asked for in addition to commentary. Sure, he may not be a "state of the art" Talent Relations Executive in the modern industry, but he's got bagloads of experience, and he was good at it. I bet a pound to a penny if they'd had him in charge of TR that they wouldn't have had as many ridiculous "out of contract" situations as they've had so far.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Any company who were after a shot needed to strike in the 04-08 period when Wwe were stuck in a rut and not expanding beyond its shortest reach. 

Now Wwe are eating up the good talent and the indy darlings. You need something special to book what's left and get by. 

Way back when you could have really made a name with who Wwe wouldn't touch if you played it right. TNA had so much handed too them and they fucked it. 

It's too late now, just die or accept your place as a nothing indy. Given time WWE will miss something and that will be the roots of growth. 

Right now WWE are missing plenty of things, it's just outside thee ring. Character development, storylines, comedy and fresh exciting content. The best thing TNA have made in years was the Broken Hardy stuff, nobody gave a fuck about wrestling quality but marked out for delapidated boats and drones.

Build a company full of characters who are entertaining and engaging and people will tune in every week.  

• Paid Members

They should do shoot interviews and documentary type things like Highspots do. WWE Network has shown that old wrestling shows was way less appeal than we all thought they do. People want new shit in this day and age. Those who really want to SummerSlam 89 have already owned that on VHS or DVD for about 2 decades.

12 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They should do shoot interviews and documentary type things like Highspots do. WWE Network has shown that old wrestling shows was way less appeal than we all thought they do. People want new shit in this day and age. Those who really want to SummerSlam 89 have already owned that on VHS or DVD for about 2 decades.

They have the perfect guy to do that too. 

Perhaps could be something Fight can do, (they've been doing interviews with talent recently) 

If anyone wants to listen to Eds interview, it's been added on YouTube. https://youtu.be/W2UH0ryTX7w

• Paid Members

Could just be a face saving exercise,  but Karen Jarrett said:

"So many continue to reach put (sic) to Jeff and myself. Thank You for all the love! Thank You to Ed Nordholm and Anthem for giving Jeff the time he needs! And to all the fans this is 110% a positive for Jeff and GFW IMPACT."