• Paid Members

He pretty much has been in the World Title mix, I think?

He was supposed to challenge Alberto for it last week, and I think he's being presented as a leading challenger in the Gauntlet match.

Anyhow, saw some highlights last week and he was a member of the street thug gang LAX, still wearing his Hitman suit but with an LAX logo on the back. Conceptual nightmare.

Low Ki is a weird one isn't he? He looked every bit as big a star as Joe, AJ, Danielson and Punk about 10-15 years ago. You have to wonder whether it's his attitude that's prevented him from reaching the level of his former peers.

My useless bit of Low Ki trivia: Swamp Monster from The Gentlemen's Club was initially based on Low Ki. When he saw Swampy he told the Club's leader Chuck Taylor it was the stupidest thing he'd ever seen. From that point on whoever put on the costume was told by Chuck to act like Low Ki in the ring.

From a personal standpoint, attending one of Low-Ki's seminars where he made trainees switch the t-shirts inside out of the feds he didn't like, made them do back bumps on wooden floors and attempted to stop the blood flow of any trainees hand who dared offer him a handshake, this was a couple of days after he stiffed the fuck out of James Tighe on a FWA event for apparently botching a spot which wasn't entirely his fault, it's fair to say he's always been a full of himself arrogant prick. As previously noted he could have been every bit the star of a Bryan or a Punk if it wasn't for his petulant attitude.

Edited by Richard

Reading Richard's post, I think I got off pretty lightly when I attended his seminar a few months back. Sure, he bollocked me for getting a drill wrong, but other than that, he surprisingly seemed very pleasant. Must have caught him on a good day or something. 

Although he did rant on a bit about how misused he was in WWE by the end. 

• Paid Members
On 24/08/2017 at 7:37 PM, AVM said:

Low Ki is a weird one isn't he? He looked every bit as big a star as Joe, AJ, Danielson and Punk about 10-15 years ago. You have to wonder whether it's his attitude that's prevented him from reaching the level of his former peers.

It's definitely his attitude. He's a mental case who seems to almost think wrestling is real, thinks he should be the top star everywhere and HATES losing. When he was PWG Champion he refused to lose to Cesaro. In an interview PWG owner Super Dragon said convincing him to do a job was the toughest achievement of his career. They stopped booking him immediately after.