Absolutely stupid of TNA to get involved, they deserve everything they get in this situation. Who the fuck touches someone like Del Rio in his current mind set and mental state. To me it's utterly ridiculous that someone of power could look at that and go "yep, positives outweigh the negatives, let's take the risk". Every week for about 2 years he is seemingly on Periscope or Twitter or Snapchat or whatever bollocks calling Triple H big nose, offering Xavier Woods a fight or saying everyone in WWE is a pussy. He is a ticking time bomb and TNA now have yet more stink on them with the whole thing, after the Broken gimmick stuff in which fans are against them (even though legally they are in the right). They just lurch from one PR nightmare to the next, the upside to Del Rio is so miniscule compared to the potential problems he brings that again, it's mind boggling.

18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is there even an upside to Del Rio? I always wondered how much he brought in in terms of viewers etc. Even when he was with WWE I never really understood the continued push.

More to do with the desire to have a Mexican near the top f the company, to help brand awareness / positioning in that market, I would imagine.  Similar to Khali was used for historically, and Jinder at present.

Did anyone watch Amped ? Its on demand via Spike. I thought it was good, Kushida is a great wrestler never seen him before I watched his match on Amped. And Bobby Roode was on. It was clear as far as wrestling ability goes Roode was miles ahead of the rest of them

• Paid Members

I have to confess I've not kept up with US wrestling properly for some time, so I have to admit to being a bit confused: I thought Roode was in WWE/NXT?

• Paid Members

He is.

However TNA/GFW are currently airing the tapings the 'original' GFW did in Vegas back in 2015 as a 4-part "anthology" in the "old" TNA One Night Only ppv slots.

As well as Roode, Eric Young & The Singh Brothers (as the Bollywood Boyz) are others who are currently in WWE who will be featured.

• Paid Members

That belt will only work if the other one's centre plate is a mirror image of it. It's not bad, but a bit plain, and would need something else to complement it.

• Paid Members

So the tag belts are mirror imaged. Good stuff. It got me thinking yesterday: all those British wrestling companies with "British tag team championship" belts, and not one of them ever had a pair with a lion facing one way and a unicorn facing the other? That would've been swish.

I'm hoping that World title is huge, because that design isn't particularly interesting, and a regular-sized belt would look boring with it. Here's hoping that Jarrett was feeling a bit nostalgic for his wCw days and thought "wouldn't it be nice to have our own Big Gold?" Not optimistic, though - the "Top Rope Belts" back drop seems closer than it is in the other pics, which would suggest it's probably even smaller than the others.

I like that Women's belt, quite a cool design. The X-Division belt looks a bit Fisher Price. I guess ultimately it all depends on how it looks on screen from all angles, with the lights shining off it.

• Paid Members

What names are they going with, specifically for the top title? Hoping they've reverted to "Global Heavyweight Champion" but seeing different things being used in different places.

Speaking of names - Johnny Impact. Ugh.