• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Borash announced during todays conference call (which by all accounts was bizarre) that Drago, Taya and John Hennigan (John Morrison) will be working the August live events, Hennigan coming to TV soon? 

Apparently Dave & Jake Crist too 

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/862911-former-wwe-intercontinental-champion-gfw

• Paid Members

I always feel sad seeing some of these X-Division guys working their arses off and pulling off some fantastic moves, just for the dead Impact Zone crowd just to sit there with their arms folded. I think its even more pronounced after the hot crowds in India.

They have to get out of there, they even sat there like gormless bastards when Scott Steiner walked out.

They have those in the vault just sitting there, I think Gallows & Anderson are on those shows too or were going to be, they are contracted to put out 12 big shows so may as well just use them as the "one night only" shows didn't have current feuds just random matches at least these will look good in Vegas.

Just watching a few Impacts from the past couple of weeks and one thing that really stuck out is how the crowd was at times.
Now admittedly, it could be argued, 'they are not watching a hot product' etc but perception is reality.

Bischoff moved WCW tapings to Disney when he took over running the company and acknowledged that the crowd responses were manufactured and the crowd was told to boo and cheer at certain times etc but it made the shows on TV at least look like 'hot' shows'

Heyman did something similar when he took over the reigns of OVW for a spell - he had OVW trainees sit opposite the hard camera and their job was too make as much noise as possible throughout the entire evening.

Might be something for GFW to consider. 

18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Might be something for GFW to consider. 

I'm sure a novice like JJ will welcome your suggestion.

Whilst a crowd who are up for it are always better, we live in an age where neck beards would point out people in the crowd who were plants and use that to show their superior knowledge and mock the company for being low rent etc.

Tuned out of that after about 20 seconds with the line of:

"This isn't scripted! Nobody is telling us what to say!"

That's an instant turn off for me. Whenever you hear that line, or anything similar, you know it's going to be bollocks.

• Paid Members

I'm interested in seeing how the second set of Amped tapings will look on TV as I understand the first set was well attended. But I was in Las Vegas for the second set (August 2015), and I'd be surprised if there was more than 300 people in the entire arena with empty seats everywhere. Was a bit embarassing tbh. 

48 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Tuned out of that after about 20 seconds with the line of:

"This isn't scripted! Nobody is telling us what to say!"

That's an instant turn off for me. Whenever you hear that line, or anything similar, you know it's going to be bollocks.

Wasn't/not a fan of it myself. 

• Paid Members

This is probably not going to be a popular opinion, but I'm not a fan at all of the six-sider for regular wrestling. I really wish they'd only use it for special events.