• Paid Members
On 03/07/2017 at 10:13 PM, garynysmon said:

Yeah, strange they left in the pre-show but cut those out. Must admit, I never fully appreciated how much Don West represented the voice of TNA until now. What were they thinking replacing him with Taz?

Chasing the big name who has any association with WWE. Don became a cracking announcer. He's obviously a great sell man but he also has a wide eyed positivity that transcends most wrestling shows.

• Paid Members

I really liked him as a face manager for Amazing Red. Made Red interesting for me for the first time ever. Not many people can pull off the rare face manager role, but he did it.

Glad I gave Slammiversary a chance, lots to enjoy there. Liked the tag spotfest, the X Division match and JB/Abyss v Josh/Steiner. Just the right amount of pre taped goofiness in that Steiner match, putting the house of horrors even further to shame. Loved the appearances of Shark Boy and James Mitchell. Main event was two guys I struggle to care about at the best of times being somewhat good, the women's title match was unfortunately really goofy feeling in a not so good way, and Richards/Edwards could shoot each other with actual guns and only get a ripple of a pop. But no truly off-putting dreck which is honestly rare for a TNA.. GFW show. Crowd seemed to wake up for the show too which was so crucial. Don't know if I can be arsed with Impact full time or anything but by the looks of this it's a lot more worth checking than I've given it credit for at times. 

Edited by sj5522

9 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Usually 24 hours

Slammiversary is available now.

unable to see if it's the full unedited show though. 

9 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Usually 24 hours

Slammiversary is available now.

unable to see if it's the full unedited show though. 

Thanks mate 

• Paid Members

i watch Impact with no real expectations, i dont really follow the dirt sheets or read reviews anything so i just enjoy it for what it is and i think that's why im getting into it. There's never really any discussion here for it either but seeings that there has been discussion for Slammiversary and that ive listened to a few review shows online it really makes you realise that in Pro Wrestling no two opinions are the same, literally every review has a different opinion on what happened on the show, its all subjective.

• Paid Members

the splash was ridiculous, props to JB for hitting it but that wasn't the smartest finish onto tacks.

What did everyone think of the EC3/Storm finish? was well into that, if it wasn't for EC3 hitting that final finisher i might have bought that there was something wrong. I'm surprised EC3 gets so much stick, he's one of my favorite heels in the game.

“Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida.”

So it's been announced that El Patron has been suspended indefinitely by GFW but they'll continue to show the footage they recorded last week for the future shows. Wouldn't surprise me if he's back for the next set of the tapings and they have him drop the belt. 

They've handled this the best they could really, miles better than the Dixie/Jeff Hardy/Victory Road shambles. 

Jeff Jarrett did a conference call around a hour ago, looks like the Grand title is being binned. Nothing official yet, but more or less admitted Anthem/JJ aren't behind it. 

Bound for Glory will be in November, Hall of Fame the night before. 

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

• Paid Members

Another good decision. The concept is daft and the champion is a first class shitarse. 

They don't need a midcard title at this point. Besides, given the X division "isn't about weight limits", that already is one.

• Paid Members

The Grand Championship is a total joke anyway. The belt itself is falling to pieces, so they might as well just turn it into a Hardcore title and have loads of silly angles and stunts with it on the lower card - will give them something to do.

It's gone from being the Legends title to the Global to the TV to the King Of The Mountain to the Grand. Only time it was remotely worth anything was when Devon was doing the "fighting TV champion" gimmick and getting surprisingly over with it.

Edited by Carbomb