• Paid Members

You know, the Voices of Wrestling podcast did a tally of Impact's ratings history and the worst period in the companies history (on TV, not weekly PPVs) for eye balls was the first quarter of 2017 pre-Anthem take over. Its funny that even though the Hardy gimmick was the most hype they've had in years, it was on its arse at the end of the run. Viewership is back up now, but it's interesting that for all the praise it probably ended at the right time.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

49 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

You know, the Voices of Wrestling podcast did a tally of Impact's ratings history and the worst period in the companies history (on TV, not weekly PPVs) for eye balls was the first quarter of 2017 pre-Anthem take over. Its funny that even though the Hardy gimmick was the most hype they've had in years, it was on its arse at the end of the run. Viewership is back up now, but it's interesting that for all the praise it probably ended at the right time.

Yeah I mentioned that elsewhere. The Hardys stuff was cool but did nothing for the company long term. Also backs up why Anthem were right to not re-sign the talent that left, many of who had very good contracts. 

Sadly not what people want to hear but it's the truth. Although the UK ratings aren't great (but they've had problems, and the shows are available on demand), and this weeks Pop rating was a stinker. 

Exactly. That's what it was. It was initially horrendous, but then The Final Deletion came along which was something else and proved it could be exactly that. Eventually, it just grew on everybody and they were the reason to watch. The subsequent Delete Or Decay, The Great War & Total Nonstop Deletion were also fun and proved the point that's probably what they were aiming for in the first place.

• Paid Members

Whatever you do, dont go on the TVGuide website looking for the describtion for this PPV. For some reason, they've been given a soap opera like summery giving away some of the results. Like ITV do for Emmerdale:

"There's a surprise instore for Zak when Marlon gives him food poisoning. And Pearl is shocked to find Paddy in bed with Carly."

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

20 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Whatever you do, dont go on the TVGuide website looking for the describtion for this PPV. For some reason, they've been given a soap opera like summery giving away some of the results. Like ITV do for Emmerdale:

"There's a surprise instore for Zak when Marlon gives him food poisoning. And Pearl is shocked to find Paddy in bed with Carly."

I've seen it 🙈

It appears to be for the post-Slammiversary Impact, but it seems it's been accidentally transposed to the description of Slammiversary.

That or the TVGuide has simply published what the company has given them by way of preview for this coming week. Whatever the name of the company, they can't catch a break, whether it's their own doing or not.

Edited by uklaw

2 hours ago, uklaw said:

I've seen it 🙈

It appears to be for the post-Slammiversary Impact, but it seems it's been accidentally transposed to the description of Slammiversary.

That or the TVGuide has simply published what the company has given them by way of preview for this coming week. Whatever the name of the company, they can't catch a break, whether it's their own doing or not.

DONT look at the week after. 

Also backstage note:

New titles have been ordered. Hope we don't lose the green

I loved the Parks/JB vs Steiner/Matthews match.

It was a lot of fun, in comparison to the dull wolves match which I found was a bit like watching a really boring war. There's something about Richards and Edwards that constantly fails to excite me. It was a decent PPV, haven't watched Impact in a long time and I'm not sure if this PPV is a huge incentive to dip back in but I'd say watch anyway.

Oh the main event left me feeling deflated.

9 minutes ago, FireBrand said:

I loved the Parks/JB vs Steiner/Matthews match.

It was a lot of fun, in comparison to the dull wolves match which I found was a bit like watching a really boring war. There's something about Richards and Edwards that constantly fails to excite me. It was a decent PPV, haven't watched Impact in a long time and I'm not sure if this PPV is a huge incentive to dip back in but I'd say watch anyway.

Oh the main event left me feeling deflated.

How was the commentary? 

It was pretty good, it felt like Don West toned things down a little. Which is a pity because I was looking forward to him claiming wrestlers must have been killed via x movie and y move. What I liked about Don was that he made it feel TNA/Impact and not a lighter shade of Smackdown.

Hopefully the green will replace the blue in Impact and the whole company can get away from the Thunder/Smackdown feel.

13 minutes ago, FireBrand said:

It was pretty good, it felt like Don West toned things down a little. Which is a pity because I was looking forward to him claiming wrestlers must have been killed via x movie and y move. What I liked about Don was that he made it feel TNA/Impact and not a lighter shade of Smackdown.

Hopefully the green will replace the blue in Impact and the whole company can get away from the Thunder/Smackdown feel.

The commentary was one of my biggest concerns going into the show, just didnt know what to expect from both guys. Have always loved Don for his enthusiasm to the product.

Yeah with the new belts on the way, hopefully they stick with the green.