1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

The tag title match being LAX VS Drago/Fantasma vs Ishimori/Marafuji vs Garza jr/Laredo Kid makes me really want to see it. I hope they give it some time.

This is the only thing that has any interest for me. Your right about giving this time. If this is just a balls to the wall spot fest it could be one of those matches that gets enough buzz to get extra eyes on the product. 

Edited by stevieg1980

5 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

what kind of buyrate do you expect?

and is it on Spike over here?

Yeah Monday at 9. 

As for the buyrate I haven't a clue, be nice if this time next week they are happy with it & gives them confidence that the changes being made are working. 

If it was me I'd be looking for anyway to promote why the show was a success and thank those for buying. 

But sadly this is the internet and negatively will take over. 

Here's the Steiner conference call recap.

It's wonderful (although not sure iMPACT who are trying to rebrand and bring in a new energy should be having him do it) http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/06/28/scott-steiner-call-recap-comments-tna-slammiversary-wwe-mcmahons/

“The WWE Hall of Fame only exists in the minds of people up there, it’s a joke.”

Steiner then asked where the statues are? Where’s the statue of Ric Flair or Mach Man? He then added, “The statue of the Macho Man will never leave Stephanie’s bedroom.”

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

• Paid Members

On the Steiner conference call...there is a statue of Ric Flair.

That tag match seems absolutely bonkers. Aside from the Lucha Underground issue - this is a company that insisted on having one of their referees blurred out when they appeared on Impact - you have AAA and The Crash represented on the same show? I'd wonder if The Crash have been included to appease Konnan in his demands to not work with AAA talent, but surely he can't have that much pull at Impact? And AAA can't be happy working with Crash, surely? The contract Penta 0M has been offered with Lucha Underground allegedly includes the caveat that he can't work for any promotion that Konnan is involved with - if AAA/Lucha Underground are that dead against Crash, and Konnan in general, this match is an absolute minefield.

• Paid Members

You'd assume so - Jarrett's on good terms with AAA, and they have an existing working relationship, so it's not like they need Konnan as a go-between for booking luchadores, and Konnan can't be drawing them any money at this point. I just find it mad that they'd have AAA and The Crash both represented in one match, unless I've massively overstated the animosity between the two promotions.

Right i'd like to talk to you about the Spud/Swoggle street fight, cos this has just about killed me.

So swoggle starts by throwing chalk at spud, they brawl on the ramp yeah, and swoggle turns to the crowd to celebrate and spud fucking LEVELS him with a garbage can😂 i literally burst out laughing, the fat shit went over i thought he was dead. Next thing spud argues with the guest ref - an indian midget, and spud pulls his kecks down so the lad tackles spud and swoggle returns the favour exposing spuds thong!! He then picks him up on his shoulders and the little ref comes off the top....fucking DOOMSDAY DEVICE!! Swoggle then picks up spud and samoan drops him through a table for the win. 

Please go and watch it, most fun i have had with wrestling in a small while. Spud was great.

22 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Right i'd like to talk to you about the Spud/Swoggle street fight, cos this has just about killed me.

So swoggle starts by throwing chalk at spud, they brawl on the ramp yeah, and swoggle turns to the crowd to celebrate and spud fucking LEVELS him with a garbage can😂 i literally burst out laughing, the fat shit went over i thought he was dead. Next thing spud argues with the guest ref - an indian midget, and spud pulls his kecks down so the lad tackles spud and swoggle returns the favour exposing spuds thong!! He then picks him up on his shoulders and the little ref comes off the top....fucking DOOMSDAY DEVICE!! Swoggle then picks up spud and samoan drops him through a table for the win. 

Please go and watch it, most fun i have had with wrestling in a small while. Spud was great.

I've heard this is a match that is either love it or hate it match. I think it sounds fun to be honest.

16 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Sadly they won't get the buyrate for this show because of the long term damage done but they've done a very solid job with this show especially the work online. 

Looking forward to it though, be interesting to see the direction moving forward. 

I agree, they have done a very solid job on this. The main event has a big fight feel, 2 legit fighters, whilst in the main I can't really stand Del Rio he's been passable for me so far on impact.

The other main matches, EC3 has been great lately, and Storm seems somewhat motivated. They have some fun stuff on also, JB/Parks vs Steiner/Josh will be something to see, they have got the NFL player teaming with Moose, the mixed tag with Davey and Eddie and the wives.

Also, one I'm looking forward to, 2 out of 3 falls Low Ki vs Dutt for the X-Div title, a simple one on one match, no 6 or 8 man cluster. I'm pulling for them to do well with this show.

24 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

I agree, they have done a very solid job on this. The main event has a big fight feel, 2 legit fighters, whilst in the main I can't really stand Del Rio he's been passable for me so far on impact.

The other main matches, EC3 has been great lately, and Storm seems somewhat motivated. They have some fun stuff on also, JB/Parks vs Steiner/Josh will be something to see, they have got the NFL player teaming with Moose, the mixed tag with Davey and Eddie and the wives.

Also, one I'm looking forward to, 2 out of 3 falls Low Ki vs Dutt for the X-Div title, a simple one on one match, no 6 or 8 man cluster. I'm pulling for them to do well with this show.

Yeah i'm looking forward to the main event too, personally I wouldn't have had the "managers" but that's the route they've decided to go. 

Like you said there's a lot going on with this card, in every division. Here's hoping it works inside the ring. The video packages they've done for the buildup has been excellent. This is the first Jarrett/Anthem PPV, it needs to work. 

The negative noise surrounding the company (pay, TV problems, morale, court dates etc) has died down too. The in-ring product needs to improve heading towards Bound for Glory. 

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

I pray the X Division match goes well. I think it can easily steal the show. The division has talent in it but it needs a big one on one match to make it seem important and I think this is it. As it is best out of 3 falls I hope they give this at least 18 minutes.

The main event could be really good. However it could just be average. I love Lashley, he comes across as a hard bastard when walking to the ring and in the ring. I love it.

The strap match could go well, it really depends. Strap matches can be great but can be poor, just depends on the booking.

The tag match I think will be fun, but hopefully will be used to make the titles important. To be honest, I will be happy if it is just a fun opener.

The rest I am not fussed about but kind of interested in seeing Steiner and Parks against each other in the tag match. However I think the show is well worth recording and watching.