• Paid Members

The commentary was fantastic. Best wrestling announcing I've heard in ages. The ESPN guy was well keyed up and Don West was Don West (i.e. amazing as ever). Strange hearing an announce team that comes across as likable and not obnoxious in any way. Shame its going back to Pope, Josh and JB again. Even if the ESPN bloke cant do wrestling for more than a one off, JB and Don would be great. And Josh Matthews could be a manager or something. The crowd as a bit dead as the night went on. That seems to be the case with the Impact Zone sadly. It would be cool if they moved to Vegas, like Jarrett wanted to do with GFW originally. The show just needs a new vibe to it. A different look and a new location would make the show feel much better.

As for the show, wasnt to much on the show to complain about. Thought most of the matches were good. Best things on the show were D'Angelo Williams who blew away any first timer ever. He was incredible. Someone needs to sign him up to a big contract, cause he looks a future star. And of coruse the match of the year, Steiner and Josh vs JB and Joe Park. Just hilarious. Scott Steiner and Josh were like the Wet Bandits from Home Alone.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to watching this tonight. Was tempted to book a day off and watch it live before deciding I need to stop being so tragic.

I'm genuinely delighted that Don West was on top form. It would have been a bit gutting if he'd ruined his legacy and turned out to be a pale imitation of himself. Josh Mathews is over enough as a heel to do any role he wants, as long as its not a full time commentator.

Genuinely not bothered if they change the company's name from TNA to GFW. Global Force Wrestling is a decent enough title and I really liked the GFW colour scheme as it looked different, WWE Velocity being the sole exception.

You do have to chuckle at how Jeff always manages to land on his feet though! GFW has come to being after all, albeit via the back door.

Edited by garynysmon

7 minutes ago, simonworden said:

What was konnan's announcement of a new member that night about. I skimmed a bit but looks like it went nowhere.

Also the Dutch Karen segment seemed flat as a one off on a PPV. I was expecting some GFW related shenanigans

The Konnan stuff is coming up on TV.

6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The commentary was fantastic. Best wrestling announcing I've heard in ages. The ESPN guy was well keyed up and Don West was Don West (i.e. amazing as ever). Strange hearing an announce team that comes across as likable and not obnoxious in any way. Shame its going back to Pope, Josh and JB again. Even if the ESPN bloke cant do wrestling for more than a one off, JB and Don would be great. And Josh Matthews could be a manager or something. The crowd as a bit dead as the night went on. That seems to be the case with the Impact Zone sadly. It would be cool if they moved to Vegas, like Jarrett wanted to do with GFW originally. The show just needs a new vibe to it. A different look and a new location would make the show feel much better.

As for the show, wasnt to much on the show to complain about. Thought most of the matches were good. Best things on the show were D'Angelo Williams who blew away any first timer ever. He was incredible. Someone needs to sign him up to a big contract, cause he looks a future star. And of coruse the match of the year, Steiner and Josh vs JB and Joe Park. Just hilarious. Scott Steiner and Josh were like the Wet Bandits from Home Alone.

I want to back up everything you said about Matthews/Steiner vs Park/JB. Fantastic fun! 

Really enjoyed the show. What it does show is they need to set up camp elsewhere. Whether they were 'cast' members or plants or not, the India crowd have shown up what a wet bunch the Impact Zone crowd are. Particularly irritating are those trio of people facing the camera slightly to the left who at each show are openly engaging in full blown conversations, turning from the match or doing everything they can to show they aren't intetested in something. It's particularly noticeable during the X Division match. What are they even doing there?

What the event also proved was how much Jeremy Borash should be credited for (certainly the production aspect of) the Broken Universe set-pieces and mini films. I can't believe how much of a kick I got from that tag match. Having the crowd mic'd up was a good idea as well.

51 minutes ago, uklaw said:

Really enjoyed the show. What it does show is they need to set up camp elsewhere. Whether they were 'cast' members or plants or not, the India crowd have shown up what a wet bunch the Impact Zone crowd are. Particularly irritating are those trio of people facing the camera slightly to the left who at each show are openly engaging in full blown conversations, turning from the match or doing everything they can to show they aren't intetested in something. It's particularly noticeable during the X Division match. What are they even doing there?

What the event also proved was how much Jeremy Borash should be credited for (certainly the production aspect of) the Broken Universe set-pieces and mini films. I can't believe how much of a kick I got from that tag match. Having the crowd mic'd up was a good idea as well.

I think they could improve the crowd by not having them line up for hours before getting in the arena. They were hot until they were knackered for the last hour. 

Overall a really fun show, absolutely loved that Steiner match though. Broken Steiner anyone? Ha