22 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Nothing like a video package reminding you of all the wrestlers you won't be seeing on the show to get you hyped!

Sadly they were long gone before the new ownership came in. 

Expecting a few articles to be written about the Hardys missing on the package. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I thought it was well done. Fuck me though, Bobby Lashley is a terrible promo. He only had one line.

It's a decent video package, especially for an anniversary show. But it's never a good idea to remind the audience of what they're not seeing, especially when half the people in that video are working for the competition.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

But it's never a good idea to remind the audience of what they're not seeing, especially when half the people in that video are working for the competition.

I agree wholeheartedly. I could just about live with them being all over the video package when Impact was rebooted, but they've gone now and there's no need to hark back to them.

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I could just about live with them being all over the video package when Impact was rebooted, but they've gone now and there's no need to hark back to them.

Not sure how one minute of highlighting the talent they had show up, help produce or the big moments in the company's history of a near 4 minute video is "harking". They always celebrate the past at Slammi.

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

• Paid Members
Just now, Buzz Lightyear said:

Not sure how one minute of highlighting the talent they had show up or help produce of a near 4 minute video is "harking". They always celebrate the past at Slammi.

Its all personal taste. I'm more than happy to see them bring back Don West and no doubt some other free agents who used to work for Impact will make appearances at the show, but highlighting some of the WWE's current top names isn't something I would do.

In fairness though, they've done a cracking job of putting over this PPV as actually meaning something. For years, the company has felt it was plodding along from week to week with nothing to build upto. 

Just now, garynysmon said:

Its all personal taste. I'm more than happy to see them bring back Don West and no doubt some other free agents who used to work for Impact will make appearances at the show, but highlighting some of the WWE's current top names isn't something I would do.

In fairness though, they've done a cracking job of putting over this PPV as actually meaning something. For years, the company has felt it was plodding along from week to week with nothing to build upto. 

If it was me, i'd cut out the Hogan, Nash, RVD's types and just focus on the guys that were around during the early Jarrett days. 

I agree on the build, similar build to the Wrestle Kingdom show that was done by GFW. It's a million miles away from last years build, where the COO admitted on Facebook they didn't have the money for the show. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Not a fan? 

I quite liked the colour scheme of GFW in all honestly. Blue is Smackdown, Red is Raw. TNA's always needed its own identifiable colours. The Impact Zone's always had that WCW Thunder vibe since it switched to blue ropes.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Just now, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I quite liked the colour scheme of GFW in all honestly. Blue is Smackdown, Red is Raw. TNA's always needed its own identifiable colours.

Yeah it stood out. I thought the promotional stuff they did too for the Amped tapings looked good. 

Didn't they have a deal with a lightning company for the TV tapings too?