• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I like Impact as an easy 90 minute(if you record and fast forward through adverts) watch with fun characters (although people like Adonis suck donkey balls), a fairly decent inring product. When I want some amazing matches I'll usually spend time on New Japan World.

Pretty much why I only really watch Impact these days, even though I'm not a weekly viewer. An average of 2 hours a week is enough of an investment into any wrestling company, given how little spare time most of us have compared to when we were kids.

I can't imagine sitting down to watch a 3 hour Raw every week, then Smackdown and then NXT.

All seems like too much of an effort, but as  a consequence, I have no interest in most of the WWE PPV's as half the wrestlers are unrecognisable to me. Bit of a vicious circle, although the Rumble and Wrestlemania still seem enjoyable enough regardless. Maybe when all the part-timers have fully retired, even that will change.

Admittedly, I also have an irrational hatred of how the WWE is (over)produced these days, the use buzz words etc, which clouds the whole product for me.

Impact ticks the boxes as a decent enough show with some star power, its satisfies my needs. I can dip in and watch all the classic stuff I could ever want on the Network.

Edited by garynysmon

1 minute ago, garynysmon said:

All seems like too much of an effort, but as  a consequence, I have no interest in most of the WWE PPV's as half the wrestlers are unrecognisable to me. Bit of a vicious circle, although the Rumble and Wrestlemania still seem enjoyable enough regardless. Maybe when all the part-timers have fully retired, even that will change.

The Rumble is fun purely because of the style of match is fun, and to be honest WWE seem to be the only company that books a battle royale really well (although the WrestleKingdom RAMBO can be fun in a silly way). You often get to see guys on the main match of a PPV who would never be there at the other PPVs.

With regards to part timers, when they retire I think it may be better. To be honest I used to love The Rock, Undertaker, Lesnar and now I just don't want to see them. When The Rock appears on a show I feel like he downplays the importance of other guys. The Undertaker has not been great for years and I think I stopped liking him when he went through the Kid Rock/ motorbike stage and Lesnar's style really doesn't interest me. I am not interested in seeing his match with Joe.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

When The Rock appears on a show I feel like he downplays the importance of other guys. The Undertaker has not been great for years and I think I stopped liking him when he went through the Kid Rock/ motorbike stage and Lesnar's style really doesn't interest me. I am not interested in seeing his match with Joe.

This is violently off topic, but isn't that the WWE's fault for losing the ability to get someone over like they once could? Surely it can't be the talent's fault alone that not a single wrestler has reached anywhere near the heights of Triple H or John Cena for well over a decade now, let alone Rock/Stone Cold status.

Edited by garynysmon

14 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

This is violently off topic, but isn't that the WWE's fault for losing the ability to get someone over like they once could? Surely it can't be the talent's fault alone that not a single wrestler has reached anywhere near the heights of Triple H or John Cena for well over a decade now, let alone Rock/Stone Cold status.

I put the blame on those booking the part timers high up mainly. But you are right I stirred this off topic and should probably end here.

• Paid Members

Double J continues his quest to get the band back together. 

"Reports from this weeks IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings are revealing that Steve Small has returned to the company.

"Steve was the companies Senior Director of Production from 2007-2015, he left for a new career at Teach America. He was replaced by Ron and Don Harris. His departure came as a shock at the time with a lot of people being disappointed. He played a huge role and his departure was noticed by staff and indeed with the finished TV product at the time. Steve also served as the Production Manager for WCW from 1996-2001."

• Paid Members

i genuinely enjoyed Slammiversary as much if not more that most WWE PPV ive seen in a while. The show was just fun to watch, lots of variety, it was unpredictable and the matches were fairly solid all night.

I honestly thought they were done with the Broken Hardy-esque stuff and wanted to resent the Steiner match at first but it was so well done i ended up loving it, the golf cart thing was classic. Great to hear the crowd popping for it as it played out too.

Thought the video packages and little builds to each match were great, ive followed the TV in and each match except the opener felt like a nice pay off, and thats how it should be. I'll tune into Impact this week to see where it goes.

oh, it lacked some Kongo Kong for me though.

Edited by Egg Shen

Without wanting to appear overly negative. The tag opener was a spectacular spotfest with just the occasional misstep. Fast paced, some nuts moves, ticked all the boxes I was looking for from that match. And the X Division match was OK I'm parts. 

Everything else I'm sorry wasn't for me. I can see how people would find the Parks and Borash vs Steiner and Matthews match entertaining but the moment it went to the pre taped stuff it took me out of it. 

Eli Drake and I can't explain why makes me want to turn off as does EC3. I can't put my finger on why I don't like them but I don't. James Storm as much as I like him doesn't seem to fit. Moose doesn't seem to have moved on from his ROH days in the way of look, character and move set. The women's match wasn't good and neither was Full Metal Mayhem. 

Then you go to El Patron. I think enough has been said about him on here to know everyone's opinion. But when you think in terms direction I can't help but think that it would be improved so much more if they had gone with Cody in El Patron's position. El Patron is fucking awful. 

And in terms of second chances. WWE has a lot of goodwill because of their past history and standing. TNA feels like the crazy ex who you keep letting back into your life as they say they have changed but your just waiting for the inevitable let down that you know is just around the corner. 

• Paid Members

I watched the show last night. As mentioned previously, I've enjoyed the couple of recent Impacts, hence me bothering with this PPV at all. This will also be a slightly negative review so if you're one of the TNA butthurts, feel free to skip.

I was disappointed from the off, if I'm really honest. It looked pants. Like every other show. Just no effort whatsoever went into the setting.

Not sure why our version had the pre-show match on it. It's on the pre show for a reason.

Commentary was decent. The main guy did have a few slips, like "Chris Masters" and also busted out "for the win" for fuck sake. Don West was great though. he hasn't missed a beat.

Really impressed with D'Angelo Williams, like everyone else. Moose and Drake are horrible and sloppy though. They dragged the match down.

WTF has happened to Scott Steiner? Those blows on JB wouldn't crack an egg. The old Scotty would have whipped him like a minority government mule. They werne't as bad as Matthew's Steiner Recliner though. What a mess that was. As was the cut in video. It wasn't anywhere near entertaining enough to excuse the stupidity. It was nice to see James Mitchell back but not fat Sharkboy or Abyss in the worst wrestling headgear since Faarooq Asad.

Fucking burning mist.

Main event was what it was. I'm not on board with either guy. I liked the attemot to make it feel big time with the entourages but given they'd put no effort into making the show feel big time, it fell flat. Del Potro or whatever he calls himself is still fucking tedious. Lashley is better but not enough.

I'll watch the TV again this week, it's been good recently. This show showed how far they've got to go though. Need to get rid of some of the shit on the roster that doesn't work.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I was disappointed from the off, if I'm really honest. It looked pants. Like every other show. Just no effort whatsoever went into the setting.

Not sure why our version had the pre-show match on it. It's on the pre show for a reason.

I'm not sure you can make that Impact Zone that holds, what, a thousand people, look any good tbh. I do wish they would have moved this somwhere else, PPV's don't feel that special if taped in the same building as weekly TV. 

I wonder if they'd consider bringing Bound for Glory to the UK?

54 minutes ago, harlow2 said:

are the ratings doing on spike uk doing ok ?

when compared to 

Challenge at the end ?

Not at the same level. Sadly the network has made plenty of mistakes so they've not had the chance to build any real momentum with them.

Also there's alternative ways to watch the product now. Total Access App, and Five on Demand 

27 minutes ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Not at the same level. Sadly the network has made plenty of mistakes so they've not had the chance to build any real momentum with them.

Also there's alternative ways to watch the product now. Total Access App, and Five on Demand 

how long after show airs do there put up on D5/HD ?